Omega Geneve Dynamic question I need advice?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KringleKriss

Thread: Omega Geneve Dynamic question I need advice?

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    168

    Omega Geneve Dynamic question I need advice?

    Hi guys,

    I have got a chance of buying one of these it's a silver racing dial it may have a NOS dial on it well that's what the owmer has told me I don't know anything about these so here are the case numbers etc can anyone make any sense of these and does it make sense. It has the 1481 calibre inside the case reference is ST166.108. it is on a bracelet which I am told is correct for that model, is this true?

    It has some lovely orange on the hour markers and also the lume on the hands is orange with an orange second hand does this sound correct?


    this is also what the owner has told me written below

    Hi Andy, yes the dial is NOS, the bracelet is original refurbished Omega - and perfectly correct for the model. I have a print off from the OmegaeMuseum which confirms ST 1153/138 bracelet is correct.

    Genève – Dynamic I Racing dial Reference ST 166.0108 Movement 34719290, 1481 calibre.

    I just can't seem to find an omega picture library how much should I pay for one of these ist looks to be in superb condition.

    lastly how would I know if it was an NOS redial?

    thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Member KringleKriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,368

    Re: Omega Geneve Dynamic question I need advice?

    Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    Hi guys,

    I have got a chance of buying one of these it's a silver racing dial it may have a NOS dial on it well that's what the owmer has told me I don't know anything about these so here are the case numbers etc can anyone make any sense of these and does it make sense. It has the 1481 calibre inside the case reference is ST166.108. it is on a bracelet which I am told is correct for that model, is this true?

    It has some lovely orange on the hour markers and also the lume on the hands is orange with an orange second hand does this sound correct?


    this is also what the owner has told me written below

    Hi Andy, yes the dial is NOS, the bracelet is original refurbished Omega - and perfectly correct for the model. I have a print off from the OmegaeMuseum which confirms ST 1153/138 bracelet is correct.

    Genève – Dynamic I Racing dial Reference ST 166.0108 Movement 34719290, 1481 calibre.

    I just can't seem to find an omega picture library how much should I pay for one of these ist looks to be in superb condition.

    lastly how would I know if it was an NOS redial?

    thanks in advance
    Hi Andy,

    regarding the dial, difficult to say without the pics.
    I would personally stay away from 1481 movement. It's a movement developped jointly by Tissot and Omega (Tissot 2481) and you could do a lot better with a 565 or 752 or 601 or 613 that were commonly inside Dynamics. The 1481 has a weird quickset date feature in which you actually push the crown in from 0 position to advance the date. I was told that the leaver that does this is quite fragile and often breaks.
    If you're into dynamics, I would look for one on the eBay, there's bountifull there. The price varies between 200 and 400$ depending on the condition and movement.

    Here's mine with a 752 movement.
    Name:  DSC00373.JPG
Views: 2356
Size:  79.9 KB

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    168

    Re: Omega Geneve Dynamic question I need advice?

    Hi Kringlekriss

    Thanks for taking the trouble to reply :) thanks for the advice about the 1481 movement as I just don't know anything about omega's he wanted £300 Stirling for it I do like the Dynamic so I will look on the bay, is there any particular model/movement I should go for? You obviously know your old Omega's :)

    Thanks

    Andy

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member KringleKriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,368

    Re: Omega Geneve Dynamic question I need advice?

    Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    Hi Kringlekriss

    Thanks for taking the trouble to reply :) thanks for the advice about the 1481 movement as I just don't know anything about omega's he wanted £300 Stirling for it I do like the Dynamic so I will look on the bay, is there any particular model/movement I should go for? You obviously know your old Omega's :)

    Thanks

    Andy
    Hi Andy,

    There's a very comprehensive review of vintage Dynamics you might want to read before you start looking for one.

    The ony trouble when buying a Dynamic on the eBay is that has a unishell case so most sellers don't show the movement. They can, however, be distinguished by the was date is advanced (56x/75X quickset - pulling the crown out from 2 advanced date by 1, 10xx rotating the crown at 2 advanced the date forward/backward, 1481 pushing the crown in from 0 advances the date by 1). Unfortunately, this tells you nothing about the condition of the movement so you have to factor that in.

    The general consensus is that vintage movements of the 56X/75X series were among the best automatic Omega movements ever built, so you might want to look for one of those, or a 601/613 if you want a manual wind.

    Hope this helps.
    Andy K likes this.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    168

    Re: Omega Geneve Dynamic question I need advice?

    It does help than you so much :)

    Andy

  7. #6
    Member Andy K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Near Chicago, IL USA
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: Omega Geneve Dynamic question I need advice?

    Quote Originally Posted by KringleKriss View Post
    Hi Andy,

    There's a very comprehensive review of vintage Dynamics you might want to read before you start looking for one.

    The ony trouble when buying a Dynamic on the eBay is that has a unishell case so most sellers don't show the movement. They can, however, be distinguished by the was date is advanced (56x/75X quickset - pulling the crown out from 2 advanced date by 1, 10xx rotating the crown at 2 advanced the date forward/backward, 1481 pushing the crown in from 0 advances the date by 1). Unfortunately, this tells you nothing about the condition of the movement so you have to factor that in.

    The general consensus is that vintage movements of the 56X/75X series were among the best automatic Omega movements ever built, so you might want to look for one of those, or a 601/613 if you want a manual wind.

    Hope this helps.
    That's good to know. I've been interested from time to time in buying one but the prices seem to vary wildly and I always wondered why they rarely showed movement pics.
    www.calibre1040.com
    See my profile page for feedback as a buyer and seller.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •