Omega Planet Ocean Master Chronometer 43.5mm Watch 8900.
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Omega Planet Ocean Master Chronometer 43.5mm Watch 8900.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Omega Planet Ocean Master Chronometer 43.5mm Watch 8900.

I aim to buy this watch within a month, it will be a retirement gift to myself, im looking forward to going to the jewellers to see it cannot wait, for those that have the watch are you happy with the accuracy of the watch, and does it live up to your expectations. For me saw some from the outside of a jewellers window, and must say they looking exquisite .

Re: Omega Planet Ocean Master Chronometer 43.5mm Watch 8900.

Hi there,

Have a look through this thread created only a couple of days ago:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/pl...m-4938709.html

It got a surprising amount of responses (myself included). I've not taken the time to properly measure the accuracy of mine, as I don't really care that much, unless it was losing/ gaining noticeably over the course of a week. If I wanted super accuracy I'd have bought a quartz something or other!

I'd say try one on, and decide for yourself. Maybe even buy it and see how you go for a while, as I'm still undecided on mine, whereas most others seem like they're delighted with theirs. Maybe it's a grower for me... I'm hoping so, otherwise it'll be up for sale at some point. I personally don't find it overly comfortable on the bracelet, yet others seem to say they find it really comfortable.
    ROG58 likes this.

I had that watch and loved it. I miss it. The black dial with orange vulcanized rubber from 1-15 on the bezel. It was the most accurate watch I've ever owned, hands down. The movement is exceptional for a watch in that price range and it's just such a cool watch. Great choice! Oh and speaking of price, I would definitely go grey market for that piece as you can save at least $1-2k off what your AD will charge, still get the warranty and everything. Use that extra money for a vacation where you can put that PO to use at the beach! Congrats on your retirement! This will help hold you over until you can get to the store.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ROG58, sheepdog812 and Londonboy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tymonster View Post
    I had that watch and loved it. I miss it. The black dial with orange vulcanized rubber from 1-15 on the bezel. It was the most accurate watch I've ever owned, hands down. The movement is exceptional for a watch in that price range and it's just such a cool watch. Great choice! Oh and speaking of price, I would definitely go grey market for that piece as you can save at least $1-2k off what your AD will charge, still get the warranty and everything. Use that extra money for a vacation where you can put that PO to use at the beach! Congrats on your retirement! This will help hold you over until you can get to the store.
    Thanks Absolutely stunning photographs of high quality, the jewellers in question only have the orange in stock, looking at those photographs of the watch might sway me, the high definition look looks so life like thankyou.

Have a look at the new SMP300 when you're there too, they are growing on me. I think the dial on them is quite stunning and the movement is much the same as the PO but in a slightly smaller and thinner case.
    • Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 8900
    • Omega SMP300 Ceramic 2500D
    • Seiko Automatic SNZF17 Sea Urchin
    • Samsung Gear S3 Frontier

Quote Originally Posted by chum_2000_uk View Post
    Have a look at the new SMP300 when you're there too, they are growing on me. I think the dial on them is quite stunning and the movement is much the same as the PO but in a slightly smaller and thinner case.
    Sorry seen them, not my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by ROG58 View Post
    Sorry seen them, not my taste.
    In that case... Here's another shot of my PO to wet your appetite for one of those!

Name:  IMG_20190423_163114.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  1.20 MB
    ROG58, LockedUp and duc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chum_2000_uk View Post
    In that case... Here's another shot of my PO to wet your appetite for one of those!

Name:  IMG_20190423_163114.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  1.20 MB
    Very nice, were you tempted by the orange insert bezel, im tempted as there is one in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ROG58 View Post
    Very nice, were you tempted by the orange insert bezel, im tempted as there is one in the shop.
    Not really, as I wanted the watch to be as diverse as possible in terms of where and when I would wear it. I personally feel as though any of the PO's past or present with orange on the bezels are a bit more casual. I like them, don't get me wrong, but as it was my first ever PO I just felt the classic black bezel, black dial was the one for me. I reckon if I ever got a 2nd one (highly unlikely because of the cost) then I'd probably go for a different colour - likely the one you mentioned above.

Oddly enough, when I went to the Omega store to try one on, the orange bezel was the only 43.5mm they had in stock for me to try on, so I did actually wear it briefly. It was really nice, but I think I preferred the black dial for the reasons I've given, and also the uniformity of the ceramic bezel all the way round. It's stunning when it catches the light.
    ROG58 likes this.

These great photos make it hard to wait! I should be getting a new-to-me stainless steel/blue PO 8900 from FedEx tomorrow and I look forward to being able to answer your question, OP. Of course, then I'll have to wait a month to wear it regularly (it's meant to be a birthday gift) but I'll still make some first impressions. OP, let us know what you think of it once you get it on your wrist.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information