Omega PO braking in - Page 2
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Omega PO braking in

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Omega PO braking in

Quote Originally Posted by Rice and Gravy View Post
    That's a reasonable rate and might improve, but I'd guess not much. Keep in mind that it won't run the same in all 6 positions. I have found my AT runs fastest if left dial up and you can experiment to self regulate. Try it in different resting positions when you take it off overnight to "slow it down" and use an app like Watchcheck to check it each day to see how each position affects the rate. When worn and mostly sedentary at my desk or left on a watch pillow dial up my 8900 movement runs about +3spd, but if left crown down overnight it will slow down. After owning it for 3 weeks and the movement running continuously it is averaging +1.8spd doing this.

And as Dan mentioned, if you sign up for MyOmega you can add your watch to your collection and using your serial number and access code from the chronometer cert/card you can see the testing results. It won't show you rates for all 6 positions, but will show you the deviation between the most extreme.
    Thanks, I will do that. But I have to say that Im expecting more from the 8900 calibre..

Quote Originally Posted by Teammella View Post
    Thanks, I will do that. But I have to say that Im expecting more from the 8900 calibre..
    METAS criteria is 0/+5 seconds per day so your watch is performing to standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NMGE17, phthano and brandon\ like this.
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Quote Originally Posted by koolpep View Post
    Since the movements have been running for at least a week already, don’t expect huge changes. However, when your wearing pattern normalizes - that’s when you might see a little change.
    I have wourn it 24h

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/p...Chronometer/01

Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Quarts will meet your expectations. As already mentioned above, +2.7 s/d is pretty good for a mechanical watch and well within its specs

My Omega autos tend to speed up a bit when in the later stages of their power reserve. My only manual wind does the opposite as an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by bapackerfan View Post
    Can't get much better than +2.7!

Congrats!!!!
    Well today it was down to 2.3s/d

Quote Originally Posted by koolpep View Post
    Since the movements have been running for at least a week already, don’t expect huge changes. However, when your wearing pattern normalizes - that’s when you might see a little change.
    well 0.5 s/d better now.

Omega PO braking in

well 0.5 s/d better now.
    Yep small change. But this can have many factors. Temperature, how you wore it, what you did while wearing, how you stored it overnight, how much the mainspring was wound, etc etc.

Watches in profile....

COSC standards are -4/+6 spd and METAS is 0/+5 spd. THOSE are numbers anyone should be expecting. At +2.7 spd or so your watch is achieving even better than Omega says you should. It's twice as good as my 13 year old Planet Ocean Chronograph at +4 spd.

This is like buying a car with an advertised top speed of 155 MPH and being disappointed that it doesn't go 200 MPH.

If you want better, there are several watches that receive WWV time signals nightly and are always spot on (my CASIO Pathfinder, for example) and there are the Seiko 9F (+/- 10 seconds per year) or the new Citizen Caliber 0100 at +/- 1 second per year. They are not automatics though.

I'm pretty sure you won't find a lot of members here who think this is an issue. You should definitely be happy with this level of accuracy.

Also, wear it for a week and only check the time after that week. Checking every day will drive you crazy. The real benchmark is how it performs on a consistent basis. Is it making you late or early for appointments? Is it way off after a week or two? If you wear it a lot and average out over that time, that's a way better indicator of real-world accuracy, not sitting it in 8 positions precisely, winding it up to a specific torque value and measuring it to the atomic level. What does it do in real life?

I have a low end Seiko SKX that is admittedly not very accurate when I measure it daily. But if I wear it consistently for a week, it's magically within a few seconds of the actual time. Can't be sad about that. But if I look at the time daily and see it's 20 seconds fast one day but 12 seconds slow the next, I'll be very unhappy. But after 7 days of wearing it and it's almost spot on? That's pretty satisfying.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast