Omega Prices in Australia

Thread: Omega Prices in Australia

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    8

    Omega Prices in Australia

    Hello all, new to the forum.

    I have a few questions for Omega owners in Australia as I will be travelling there soon.
    • How much discount can you get at your local dealer? Will be going to Brisbane and Melbourne.


    • If I choose to buy from Australia, is there anything of caution I should know beforehand?
    • Do you just get the watch that is in the cabinet or do you get a new one ordered?


    I am looking to buy my first Omega but the local AD here in New Zealand is only able to offer 10% off.

    Speedmaster Pro Sapphire Sandwich NZD prices:
    RRP $9035
    Tax Free $7856
    Discounted Price $7120

    Thank you in advance for your input.

  2. #2
    Member Black5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: Omega Prices in Australia

    I can't imagine prices in Australia being much different to NZ.
    (I assume you quoted NZD?)

    You can order a watch if you prefer, but better discounts will be available on something they have in stock or on display.

    Will you be in Australia long enough to await delivery anyway?

    Be prepared to pay up front for pre-orders for an item they don't normally carry, or already have stock - especially for an International visitor without an Australian address.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar_917 View Post
    ^^ tells the truth on Internet forums
    So many watches, So little time...
    So many watches, so little time...


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    8

    Re: Omega Prices in Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by Black5 View Post
    I can't imagine prices in Australia being much different to NZ.
    (I assume you quoted NZD?)

    You can order a watch if you prefer, but better discounts will be available on something they have in stock or on display.

    Will you be in Australia long enough to await delivery anyway?

    Be prepared to pay up front for pre-orders for an item they don't normally carry, or already have stock - especially for an International visitor without an Australian address.





    So many watches, So little time...
    Hey Black5, thanks for your quick reply.

    Yes the prices I posted is NZD.
    Its a 10% discount on top of tax free. Equates to 21% discount vs RRP due to the hefty 15% GST on all goods.

    I read that some AD in Australia will offer 15%, but not sure if that is on top of tax free?

    No I will not be in Australia long enough to await delivery, will talk to my local shop and see if the price they quoted is just for the watch on displays.

    Cheers

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Stanul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    389

    Re: Omega Prices in Australia

    Some AD's will go up to 18-20% for the stock at hand.
    I'm located in Sydney, so I can't recommend any in Brisbane or Melbourne.
    At the time of purchase you need to tell them that you will leave the country.
    They will provide you with the invoice and form to claim an additional 10% (the equivalent of GST) under Tourist Refund Scheme
    Good luck!

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    8

    Re: Omega Prices in Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanul View Post
    Some AD's will go up to 18-20% for the stock at hand.
    I'm located in Sydney, so I can't recommend any in Brisbane or Melbourne.
    At the time of purchase you need to tell them that you will leave the country.
    They will provide you with the invoice and form to claim an additional 10% (the equivalent of GST) under Tourist Refund Scheme
    Good luck!
    Thanks for your input, Stanul.

    What is the RRP incl GST for a Speedmaster Sapphire Sandwich?
    Tried to find AUD RRP to no avail.

    Also I just realised I may be breaking forum rules by talking about AD discounts. Mods please feel free to delete thread if so.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    188

    Re: Omega Prices in Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by Flatfish View Post
    Thanks for your input, Stanul.

    What is the RRP incl GST for a Speedmaster Sapphire Sandwich?
    Tried to find AUD RRP to no avail.

    Also I just realised I may be breaking forum rules by talking about AD discounts. Mods please feel free to delete thread if so.
    The Omega website shows $7825 AUD for 311.30.42.30.01.006. The price on the website changes currency depending on which country you're in, which might be why you've had trouble finding it.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    8
    Thanks Jeff_T.

    If anyone has any contact in Melbourne or Brisbane please let me know.

    The discount seems worth it and the RRP is lower than NZ.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    365

    Re: Omega Prices in Australia

    Yes you should be able to get 15-20% off the sapphire Speedy Pro PLUS the 10% GST refund on top of that. I would think you would have more luck with an AD in Melbourne than Brissy, just by virtue of the fact that it is a bigger city with more ADs. I live in Sydney, so unfortunately cannot help with individual store recommendations.
    Breitling Navitimer | Omega Speedmaster Professional | Tudor Black Bay | Oris Aquis | Breitling Colt

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    8
    Thanks PsBero.

    Just have to weigh having a local shop I can pester vs getting a cheaper price.

    1000 NZD cheaper is very very tempting if its possible to get 15% off.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    188

    Re: Omega Prices in Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by Flatfish View Post
    Thanks Jeff_T.

    If anyone has any contact in Melbourne or Brisbane please let me know.

    The discount seems worth it and the RRP is lower than NZ.
    In Melbourne CBD there are three places on the same street (Collins St) that stock Omega, though one is an Omega boutique so you'll probably have more luck with discount at Monards or Hardy Brothers.

    I don't have contacts at either store though, sorry. It's not far to walk between the stores or there's a free tram you can catch if you want to go back and forth to compare prices.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Omega pricing in Australia; help needed
      By tagfanatic in forum Omega
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: August 1st, 2014, 23:48
    2. Replies: 30
      Last Post: January 1st, 2014, 10:24
    3. Replies: 24
      Last Post: December 12th, 2012, 05:39
    4. Replies: 15
      Last Post: December 25th, 2007, 08:12
    5. Replies: 7
      Last Post: October 18th, 2007, 08:48

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •