Omega Seamaster 2254 Custom (big pictures!) - Page 7
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Omega Seamaster 2254 Custom (big pictures!)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    You mean swapping just the Hour markers? Not sure if it's possible as I'm sure it will leave a definite mark on Your lacquered dial and it's not even the same shape... Full dial swap could be possible if they have the same dimensions diameter and thickness but swapping just the hour markers is definitely not for the fainted heart watch makers.

Re: Omega Seamaster 2254 Custom (big pictures!)

Yeah I guess you're right. Shame. If Omega would do the Diver 300 with those prior hour markers, those sword hands, that seconds-hand, and that bracelet that is also used on the Speedmaster Pro, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It looks too much like a sub-wannabe right now.
    Last edited by Fourier; January 24th, 2016 at 10:04.

DIV

I'm a proud 2254.50 owner and after a couple Rolex weeks, my 2254 is back in rotation on my wrist. I think this is nearly the perfect diver. Slim case, great movement (even if it's not 100% in-house), low-profile scalloped bezel and high quality clasp and comfortable bracelet. And I definitely prefer the less "blingy" applied logo and surrounds of the standard dial (vs. the "non-AC dial")...love the painted logos of the standard dial...

**The only thing that bugs me is that I wish the "Seamaster" script was right under the "OMEGA"....seems like there's space for it there and the lines of script above and below the hand axle are out-of-balance.
    I wish there was an updated dial like the that I could swap in.... a 6, 9, 12 would also be nice....
    But besides that...we're pretty close to the prefect dive watch.
    Last edited by DIV; February 3rd, 2016 at 00:49.
    Phil_P likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think it's very hard finding a perfect watch as everyone have different taste... Only way to achieve it is have it customise within Your personal choice...

Is everyone sourcing bezels from ofrei or somewhere else?

DIV

I got mine from Otto...

Nice customization! Could be the inspiration for a new generation of 2254.5's.
    dzunz001

I'm actually considering this. I love the PO but it's a bit too thick and pretty to be worn carefree (at least for me).

Isn't the best donor watch for this a 2230.50, then just swap in a PO bezel?

Another intriguing option is to swap in the red bezel of the Olympic SMP300, and get a Black Bay look?

Quote Originally Posted by watchvaultnyc View Post
    I'm actually considering this. I love the PO but it's a bit too thick and pretty to be worn carefree (at least for me).

Isn't the best donor watch for this a 2230.50, then just swap in a PO bezel?

Another intriguing option is to swap in the red bezel of the Olympic SMP300, and get a Black Bay look?
    Thanks for reminding me that I forgot to order my dial, bezel and hands to convert my Seiko into a Black Bay Red, to match my real one. In the meantime you need to find a used orange bezel PO 2500.
    watchvaultnyc likes this.
    OMEGA * Grey Side of the Moon * Ti PO 8500 & 9300 * PO LM LE * X-33 Solar Impulse LE * Speedy Tuesday LE * SMPc Chrono * Speedmaster Pro 861, 3570.50+3572.50 * Ti SMP Chrono 2298.80 * SMP Bond * WatchCo SM300 * '62 Seamaster DeVille x2
    ROLEX *
    Pepsi GMT Master II Ceramic * Rolex SubC Hulk * Rolex SubC ND
    OTHER * Grand Seiko SBGX115 * Hamilton Harrison Ford Chrono * DOXA Poseidon LE * Bulova Moon x2 * Victorinox Dive Master 500 x3 * Luminox Atacama 1842 & 1923 + Colormark 3157 * Red Bull Formula 1 * Seiko Astron GPS * Seiko Prospex LE/PADI/SKX007/009/173 * Citizen Ti Perpetual Cal x2 +300M Diver x3 * DLC Apple Watch * Egard Passages * Casio ProTrek Solar x2 * Commander 300 * NTH Sub x2
    SOLD * Omega AT Skyfall, MC, 2503.33, Great White GMT & SMP Mid * Rolex Sub Hulk, 16800, TT Sub, Polar Exp x3, black Exp II, Yachmaster * GMT II Coke & BLNR * Nomos Midnight Orion stolen * Omega CK-2998LE * Silver Snoopy Award LE * POLMLE & 2201.51 * TAG Classic 2K * SMPc * GSOTM#2 * Speedy 3513.30

Quote Originally Posted by larryganz View Post
    Thanks for reminding me that I forgot to order my dial, bezel and hands to convert my Seiko into a Black Bay Red, to match my real one. In the meantime you need to find a used orange bezel PO 2500.
    The funny thing is that modding a 2230.50 with a real bezel from an Olympic SMP300 is actually about the cost of a pre-owned Black Bay Red.

Right now considering 3 options:

- this 2230.50 w/ PO bezel mod (best feel on the wrist)
    - just settling for a PO 2201.50 (straightforward solution, but it's too pretty and too tall for my tastes)
    - refurbing my vintage SM300 with a new bezel and dial (mine is quite beat up, and its really hard for me to enjoy it as-is)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information