Omega Seamaster 300 Co-Axial vs SMP - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which Seamaster 300 do you prefer?

Voters
27. This poll is closed
  • 300 Co-Axial

11 40.74%
  • 300 SMP

16 59.26%
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Omega Seamaster 300 Co-Axial vs SMP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Omega Seamaster 300 Co-Axial vs SMP

Interesting question.

Had they kept producing the SM 300 with only small tweaks like the Sub or Speedy it probably would have a much larger following.

Maybe they should do an experiment and put a HeV to see if sales increase ;)

LOoOser in the brotherhood

I am fortunate to own both of these fine watches. In my opinion, they are very different and satisfy me in their own way.

I'd give the edge to my vintage inspired SM300MC. As noted already, you never see them in the wild. Much more exclusive. I also use the jumping hour hand often, due to travel. There's a tastefully executed LM bezel, more power reserve, and just like the Speedmaster, the 300 can pull off many different, great looking, strap combinations. Case without HEV, matte dial, recessed markers and, for me anyways, much easier to read in the dark. Flies under the radar.

The SMPalso has terrific details, and the finishing is superb, bezel action is a cut above on the SMP. However, the SM300MC seems a more serious, or grown up, watch to me.

But, I can truly say I love both, for different reasons.

Tough choice between the two. This time, I will go with the SMP because I do like its blue dial and bezel along with its use of skeleton hands.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Never liked the SMP, but I think the Co-Axial is a beautiful piece except for:
    - long straight lugs
    - thickness
    - faux patina lume
    - different lume colors on hands

Just my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by GarbanzoNegro View Post
    Never liked the SMP, but I think the Co-Axial is a beautiful piece except for:
    - long straight lugs
    - thickness
    - faux patina lume
    - different lume colors on hands

Just my opinion...
    Strange though, the faux patina isn't so obvious in the flesh so I don't see what the fuss is about with regards to it. It definitely looks a lot worse and obvious on the upcoming No Time To Die watch.

Overshadowed by the SMP and PO, the 300MC needs more love!

DW Classic St Mawes/Emporio Armani AR5860/Jorg Gray 6500 Commemorative Edition/Nautica NCS 600 N15016G/ΩOmega SMP/ΩOmega Seamaster Aqua Terra/ΩOmega Seamaster 300MC/Seiko Diver SKX007K/Seiko 5 SNKE51K1/Steinhart Ocean 39 Vintage GMT Premium/Steinhart Ocean One 39 Black Ceramic/Tissot Le Locle Automatic

SMP easily

Master Co-axial by far. A timeless look, compared to one that, to my eyes at least, has seemed perpetually dated since the 90s. Maybe it’s just because that’s when I came of age (and maybe to someone who was a teenager in the 50s, the Master Coaxial would look perpetually dated!)

Tough choice but although I love the 300MC it looks awful on my wrist. Ive tried them on so many times but its the long lugs that makes it look like a 48mm on my wrist. There are so many lovely versions of it too which makes it a double shame. The titanium and blue version is stunning. I like the arrow hands on it too but I would have to go with the SMP although I cant see why they persist with the skeleton hands. I guess its to distinguish it from the PO. If youre considering the 300MC, dont buy it blind. Make sure you try it on your wrist.

i could be going out on a limb here so happy to be corrected but to me the two watches appeal to very different crowds purely on the basis of having or not having a date....

i know the WIS community may not be representative of this but certainly in any discussions with colleagues, friends etc who are NOT into collecting watches per se, there is a firm preference and most will remain in whatever camp their preference puts them in.....

I'm firmly in the "date" camp so typically won't consider any watch that doesn't have a date window

any thoughts around that?

cheers
    Jeelan

SMP, just looks more versatile to me. This is my grail watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information