Omega Seamaster 300 Co-Axial vs SMP

Poll: Which Seamaster 300 do you prefer?

This poll will close on January 21st, 2020 at 09:20

Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Omega Seamaster 300 Co-Axial vs SMP

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Omega Seamaster 300 Co-Axial vs SMP

Just out of curiosity which do you prefer?

i personally prefer overall design of Seamaster 300 Co-Axial and always feel SMP design is a bit dated(old). When it initially introduced, I thought this will be a great hit. After few years of release proven it is not a strong seller for omega and with newly updated SMP has a great come back. The market doesn’t respond well with 300 Co-axial. I can’t help to wonder, why? What failed?

i am very curious about your opinion on it.

300 Co-Axial

Name:  C235B7C7-EC86-4299-81F8-9C2E3D0B7B52.jpeg
Views: 58
Size:  85.1 KB

SMP
    Name:  BBBB9BE8-9953-4A09-BA70-76ADB12F4882.jpeg
Views: 56
Size:  20.8 KB
    Last edited by wuyeah; 4 Days Ago at 10:04.
    Nolander likes this.

Re: Omega Seamaster 300 Co-Axial vs SMP

I can only speak for myself but for a modern yet vintage inspired Omega I favor the PO line. Having owned an SMP it is a different beast entirely - a very unique one that I wish I still owned. The 300 is really cool but I prefer both the PO and SMP.

SMP every day of the week.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I prefer the 300 master co-axial, love the design and the lack of gloss. However, never bought one due to the long straight lugs making it feel like a plank sitting on top of the wrist.

I think the SMP is a bit dated as well, a design definitely of the 90s, but I think 90s design is making a bit of a comeback these days.

As for why the 300 master co-axial didn't sell well, I think the main ones are price, lack of a date window and it's tool like aesthetic without the sparkle. Compared to the current PO and SMP, it doesn't have the shine to look like an expensive watch. I personally prefer that, but I'm guessing many thinks it looks cheap as a result of it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I hate arrow hands, so..

300 co axial is far more aesthetically pleasing for me. Much cleaner. I’d love one some day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough choice. I have both.

I love the 300 Master Co-Axial for its liquidmetal bezel and the matte dial. The application of the lume filled within the cut out indices is also a very nice little detail.

anonymousmoose likes this.
    DW Classic St Mawes/Emporio Armani AR5860/Jorg Gray 6500 Commemorative Edition/Nautica NCS 600 N15016G/ΩOmega SMP/ΩOmega Seamaster Aqua Terra/ΩOmega Seamaster 300MC/Seiko Diver SKX007K/Seiko 5 SNKE51K1/Steinhart Ocean 39 Vintage GMT Premium/Steinhart Ocean One 39 Black Ceramic/Tissot Le Locle Automatic

SMP for me, I think the 300 is the dates looking one. The SMP is my preference but the 300 is still a super looking watch

SMP, it has a date. Also I would the prefer the PO over the other one, it’s very close to looking like one but missing some of the aesthetics that it has.

You rarely see the Seamaster 300 in the wild. It's most of the time the SMP or the PO. At least for me that is and that's what I've noticed over the years. I have yet to see someone else wearing the SM300 in the wild except for the one around my wrist. If you want something new and different from what others are wearing, go for the SM300.

The thing with the SM300 is that its a nod to the original 1957 Seamaster 300. Upsized and with some added modern touches. Which is what the PO is in fact based off as well. But unlike the PO, the 300MC is a direct nod to the original as evident by its design. Such as no applied markers/logos etc.

Issues I have with the PO is the thickness and weight. The first gen PO was ok, its the 8500 ones and the current ones that are way too thick and heavy. So if it's between the PO or the SMP, I'd choose the SMP.
    DW Classic St Mawes/Emporio Armani AR5860/Jorg Gray 6500 Commemorative Edition/Nautica NCS 600 N15016G/ΩOmega SMP/ΩOmega Seamaster Aqua Terra/ΩOmega Seamaster 300MC/Seiko Diver SKX007K/Seiko 5 SNKE51K1/Steinhart Ocean 39 Vintage GMT Premium/Steinhart Ocean One 39 Black Ceramic/Tissot Le Locle Automatic

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information