Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre

I'm looking to purchase one. Anyone have experience with picking one up recently, whether new or used.

Prices seem to vary wildly — anywhere between $7,500 USD (Oct. 2019 - eBay) to over 10k through Chrono24 and other places.

Any chance ADs have old inventory, although I know highly unlikely.

Thanks!

Re: Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre

I don't have the spectre but I have the standard 300. $7500 seems fair. for the market but it's a huge premium over the standard. There was one on watchrecon for I think about $5000 but it has been sold. I honestly only like the bezel and lollipop seconds hand on it. I the 007 logo on the clasp as well as on the nato is ridiculous. Also, it's a bummer the nato that it comes with actually fits the watch perfectly but it's ruined by the logo.
    |Ω

The standard Seamaster 300 looks just as good on the Omega nato strap. Minus all the 007 frills....

Only recently I almost bought the Spectre as well, but thought the price of SGD11,000 was too much to pay for a used watch even though it looked to be in good condition, but still used nonetheless. You'll only be able to find the watch preowned, and with the price marked up. No AD or boutiques has it. Its been 5 years since it was released as well. And not to mention, paying premium for it but its already out of warranty. I considered it carefully before deciding.

After much consideration, I went with the standard one, slap it on a nato that the boutique gave me for free with the watch, and it looks phenomenal!

Same same but different.

Last edited by imranbecks; January 18th, 2020 at 11:54.
    DW Classic St Mawes/Emporio Armani AR5860/Jorg Gray 6500 Commemorative Edition/Nautica NCS 600 N15016G/ΩOmega SMP/ΩOmega Seamaster Aqua Terra/ΩOmega Seamaster 300MC/Seiko Diver SKX007K/Seiko 5 SNKE51K1/Steinhart Ocean 39 Vintage GMT Premium/Steinhart Ocean One 39 Black Ceramic/Tissot Le Locle Automatic

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Name:  20200118_133849.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  2.64 MB

love mine. The 12h bezel and quick hour hand is perfect for travel, not to mention the watch itself is very low key.

I actually prefer the arrow seconds hand on the regular edition over the lollipop on the 007 SE edition.
    Titan II likes this.

Best bet is to check watchrecon often. Also suggest to contact kringkily from Omega Forums (George Hsu, PM me if want his contact information) as he can probably source you one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Francisco
    Ω 2504.52 / 168.022 / 231.90.39.21.04.001
    ♛ 16610 / 18239
    ★ 03.2150.400/69

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I have definitely considered the standard but at $6,800 from AD it's nearly the price of the Spectre variant on the used market. Has anyone had problems with the profile on this watch? It seems pretty thick given the 41mm size.

Quote Originally Posted by Evose View Post
    Thanks everyone for your replies.

I have definitely considered the standard but at $6,800 from AD it's nearly the price of the Spectre variant on the used market. Has anyone had problems with the profile on this watch? It seems pretty thick given the 41mm size.
    Yes but keep in mine it's used at around $3000 - $4000 more for a Spectre. If you want, there are plenty of the standard Seamaster 300 going around in the used market that are selling below $6800, some of them are even still under warranty.

As for thickness, it's the norm for current Omega models to be thick especially due to the movement and sapphire caseback. But it's reasonable and not as thick as the Planet Ocean. It does wear a tad thicker on the nato strap due to the layer of the nylon strap beneath the case. But honestly speaking, I've worn mine almost everyday on the nato and the thickness hasn't bothered me.

On bracelet..

Last edited by imranbecks; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:43.
    usmc_k9_vet likes this.
    DW Classic St Mawes/Emporio Armani AR5860/Jorg Gray 6500 Commemorative Edition/Nautica NCS 600 N15016G/ΩOmega SMP/ΩOmega Seamaster Aqua Terra/ΩOmega Seamaster 300MC/Seiko Diver SKX007K/Seiko 5 SNKE51K1/Steinhart Ocean 39 Vintage GMT Premium/Steinhart Ocean One 39 Black Ceramic/Tissot Le Locle Automatic

I owned the non Spectre version for about 8 months and the thickness was one of the reasons I ultimately let it go. It’s just a tad over 15mm, and that’s without a NATO. It bothered me. The other even bigger problem for me was the polished center links. Put the two together and it ruined it for me.

I have seen the standard go for around 4K in excellent condition but Loses the James Bond cool factor. Is it worth spending an additional 4K? Maybe.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast