Omega Seamaster Midsize
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Omega Seamaster Midsize

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Omega Seamaster Midsize

I went back and forth about this watch for a while. I thought Iíd like it, then I disliked it. Curiosity pulled me back. Then I went back and forth about midsize or full-size. Most opinion says for a wrist or my size full size is the way.

My wrist currently measures 7.5Ē. I wear 47mm Panerai as well as a 34mm Rolex. My watch journey started with a 42mm Seiko and a 42mm Hamilton. I wouldnít go any smaller. Odd as time goes by how you change. What is it?

Iíll admit I didnít try on the 41 Seamaster but I am so happy with this guy. It wears small, not sure if the photo catches that. Itís unassuming, robust and weighty. Iím sure Iíd be happy with the fuller size but this for me is what I imagined it to be.

Just wanted to share for anyone in the same boat. Despite what the masses may say, go with what influences your joy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Omega Seamaster Midsize

I love this guy but will admit if it was a bit bigger, no complaints here. The size wears like a Rolex Explorer but is a bit bulkier so maybe the larger size would wear better.

Have read if the only choice for the midsize is cost to save for the larger size.

I am still enjoying how well it is made. I believe it is one of those pieces you have to see in person to appreciate.

Omega Seamaster Midsize

Watches are subjective. Its a good idea to get opinions but at the end of the day, whatever decisions are made are correct, if the owner of the watch is happy with the decision. The only bad decision is if the owner isnt happy with this watch.
    Last edited by anonymousmoose; 1 Day Ago at 08:52.
    gohmdoree likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

B79

That size looks great on your wrist!
    gohmdoree likes this.

Obviously the main thing is whether you are happy with how it looks. My first Omega purchase was a mid-size and within a few months I sold it for a full size (over ten years ago now when there were fewer size choices) because I saw it on my wrist close to and in full length mirrors/photos.

In my opinion it looks a little small on your wrist compared to what we normally see here on WUS, but not wrong on your wrist. If I read your post correctly you also wear a Panerai (watches that often wear big). So this could be a positive counterpoint to that or too small in comparison. Could you post a similar picture with your other watch/watches for comparison?

Nigel
    gohmdoree likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NMGE17 View Post
    Obviously the main thing is whether you are happy with how it looks. My first Omega purchase was a mid-size and within a few months I sold it for a full size (over ten years ago now when there were fewer size choices) because I saw it on my wrist close to and in full length mirrors/photos.

In my opinion it looks a little small on your wrist compared to what we normally see here on WUS, but not wrong on your wrist. If I read your post correctly you also wear a Panerai (watches that often wear big). So this could be a positive counterpoint to that or too small in comparison. Could you post a similar picture with your other watch/watches for comparison?

Nigel
    Iíll be sure to post one without waking anyone up. It does look small. I had the same feeling when I got the Tudor Black Bay 36. It quickly grew on me.

The picture makes it look a bit bigger than it actually looks.

Iíll admit the full may fit well on my wrist as well but this was my choice after a lot of back and forth. As others have said they traded it in for a full. Time will tell if that happens.

NMGE17 likes this.

Didnít have a Panerai shot but this is with my Stowa -938 Chronograph, a 42.

My mood changes from small to big.

Iíll have to eventually find this in a 41 and compre. I had my mind set on this guy.

It looks small the more I look at it but Iím enjoying it.

NMGE17 likes this.

Just like how this sits on my wrist. The full size may have hugged the wrist just as well.

RDK and NMGE17 like this.

RDK

Quote Originally Posted by gohmdoree View Post

Just like how this sits on my wrist. The full size may have hugged the wrist just as well.

Great size for your wrist
    NMGE17 and gohmdoree like this.
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50.00

After wearing a 47mm Panerai, your brain will have you thinking the 41 Seamaster is quite small. However, from the various photos that you have posted, the 42mm, together with the lugs not overhanging, fits very well on your 19 cm wrist. Enjoy your Seamaster.
    gohmdoree likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information