Name:  0.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  2.70 MB

That's all I got.
    Ω Speedmaster 3570.50
    Ω Seamaster 2254.50

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosea View Post
    Sent the watch to SC, they said it would need a total/full service, including pushers and crown. I am 100% sure that it only need mainspring replaced (and maybe the gaskets + waterproof test).
    Sorry, but what you don't understand is that in order the change the mainspring, the entire movement needs to be disassembled. The mainspring barrel is buried inside the movement, so just to get to it requires a lot of disassembly. Any watchmaker who would disassemble a watch to that point and not service it fully would be a hack in my view. Omega is going to do the job properly - your watch is near time for a service anyway since it's approx. 4 years old.

Cheers, Al
    That is correct, and I have done my homework about this case. Indeed they have to dissassembly the whole movement. , that's why eventually I agreed to the full service cost.

However, my most disturbing feeling is that they charged me higher than Omega official cost, which seems like a money-grabbing for me.

Thanks Al

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchoM View Post
    Was your speedy defective or did you force the crown to turn despite its resistance?

If there are any typos in this post, I blame Tapatalk!
    The watch ran fine after 4 years, and then I did mistake by winding it too much. I even heard the "click" sound, so I am sure the mainspring has broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynold View Post
    Yes I have write to them the name of The Service center. I will let you all know if any progress made. Lets hope everything will be better in coming weeks.

I have decided that I am wiling to wait for another two weeks, then either I take my watch back, or I paid as they want, but it will be the end of my relationship with Omega Indonesia.

Thanks and have a great weekend
    Hi, the omega boutique in PI told me that an omega service centre is opening soon at menara thamrin. Might want to check there for quotation. I hope everything will go well

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    Reynold, thanks for the info.

The service center that i'm talking about, is The Hourlogy Indah Perkasa, which is located in the thamrin tower. According to the boutique, this company has took over all omega boutiques and service centers in Indonesia.

Re: Omega Service center has literally kill my interest in Omega

That is correct, and I have done my homework about this case. Indeed they have to dissassembly the whole movement. , that's why eventually I agreed to the full service cost.

However, my most disturbing feeling is that they charged me higher than Omega official cost, which seems like a money-grabbing for me.

Thanks Al
    Keep in mind that just like with watch sales, Omega sets suggested pricing for service work as well. There's nothing that prevents the AD's or service centers from selling or pricing their watches or services at a different rate. If Omega were able to dictate this across the entire world, governments would see this as price fixing, which is against the law in many places.

Normally with Omega owned service centers, the prices stick to the suggested prices Omega states, but it is up to the country manager (or regional manager) to set pricing for such things based on local market conditions.

I know people like one other poster in this thread like to say they have no choice, but in reality you do. You don't have to use Omega at all for paid servicing. I personally service watches from all over the world, and yes that includes a few from Singapore. I'm not looking for more work as I am already asked to do too more than I can do now, but I'm sure there are other watchmakers that would be happy to help you.

Cheers, Al

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post

Thanks Al
    Keep in mind that just like with watch sales, Omega sets suggested pricing for service work as well. There's nothing that prevents the AD's or service centers from selling or pricing their watches or services at a different rate. If Omega were able to dictate this across the entire world, governments would see this as price fixing, which is against the law in many places.

Normally with Omega owned service centers, the prices stick to the suggested prices Omega states, but it is up to the country manager (or regional manager) to set pricing for such things based on local market conditions.

I know people like one other poster in this thread like to say they have no choice, but in reality you do. You don't have to use Omega at all for paid servicing. I personally service watches from all over the world, and yes that includes a few from Singapore. I'm not looking for more work as I am already asked to do too more than I can do now, but I'm sure there are other watchmakers that would be happy to help you.

Cheers, Al
    Al, thank you for your suggestion.

This morning I received email from the SC that they agree to charge me as per Omega website, although they add 10% tax, which I did not get when I serviced my IWC last year .

So I guess this is the win win solution for me, although I am still not happy for omega Bienne that never reply my email(s).

Now the wait begin...the SC told me it would require 5 weeks including the delivery.

Thanks for all your support.

Cheers
    hugof3C likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information