Omega Service Issues - Page 2
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Omega Service Issues

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Omega Service Issues

Thanks for the responses, I may drop the CEO a line on Instagram, can't hurt right? I'll update this thread as the saga continues...
    solesman and hugof3C like this.

I had to request him on Instagram so we'll see what happens. I did find his email I think, I sent him message through there so we'll see.

I have never had anything but great experiences with Omega service, I hope you get things worked out in your favor.
    Trevor

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MrGarak View Post
    I just sent my Speedmaster (3570.50) out for service for the 4th time in a year and a half for essentially the same problem (Subdials not lining up/reseting back to 0 and now the hour sub dial running backwards slightly..).
    Can you please explain what you mean by the hour recorder running backwards? That's not really something that is possible unless the entire watch is running backwards.

Also, when the watch came back from service each time, were the hands lined up properly to begin with, and have changed? Or were they never set on correctly to start?

Answers to these questions will help get to the bottom of what these problems are, because they are most certainly not normal.

Cheers, Al

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Can you please explain what you mean by the hour recorder running backwards? That's not really something that is possible unless the entire watch is running backwards.

Also, when the watch came back from service each time, were the hands lined up properly to begin with, and have changed? Or were they never set on correctly to start?

Answers to these questions will help get to the bottom of what these problems are, because they are most certainly not normal.

Cheers, Al

Sure! So "Run" might have been a poor choice in words on my part, basically when I engaged the chrono, the hour subdial hand would jump backwards off of the '12' and stay there for about a minute then it would come back to around center. Then it would not line up correctly when 1 hour hit and 2 hours hit (pain to test...)

So here is a rundown of what happened,

1st service (~March 2018): Crystal was cracked, took it off my wrist to examine the back and I dropped it, horrible feeling. They told me everything was dried up and needed a full service, received it back which leads directly into the 2nd service...
    2nd service (~May 2018): Picked up the watch at the jewelers (local omega dealer at the time sent it out, confirmed they actually did send it to Omega) and noticed that when I set it, the hands would not move for the first 3-4 minutes after the time was set. Then when I engaged the chronograph the time would stop entirely.
    3rd service (sept 2019): hour subdial and minute subdial not resetting to '0', they were off by quite a bit after I let the chrono run
    4th service (nov 2019): hour subdial does that strange jump backwards, minute subdial doesn't reset to 0 again and it doesn't hit any of the markers straight on

I actually heard back from someone speaking on behalf of the president/CEO of Omega requesting more information and apologizing that this has been going on. I provided them with the info they wanted so we shall see. Sorry for the lengthy reply but I wanted to include all the info I could.
    Last edited by MrGarak; November 26th, 2019 at 20:02.

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    MrGarak.

It's good to hear that your concerns have reached the intended recipient, and that they are being addressed.

René
    Citizen Navihawk
    Momentum Supernova, Titan II (GONE--gifted to a friend's son), Aquamatic II (Blue Dial)
    OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Railmaster Co-Axial Master Chronometer (ref 220.10.38.20.01.002), Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch (ref 310.30.42.30.01.005), Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Chronometer (ref 233.30.41.21.01.001)
    Seiko SKX007 (GONE--gifted to my uncle)
    Steinhart Marine Chronometer II Roman (Unitas 6498), Nav. B-Chrono II DLC (ETA Valjoux 7750)(SOLD), Nav. B-Uhr II (Unitas 6497)(SOLD), Ocean One Vintage (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD), Ocean One Vintage Red (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD)

Just to give an update, I received this in an email from a Swatch/Omega rep,

Your watch has been fully evaluated by our warranty workshop lead watchmaker and he made the following evaluation –

· The hour recording hand is loose

· On the dial, the minute recording markers are not printed correctly and are slightly off not aligning with the hand. A new dial was used to confirm the defect on the current dial.

· Chrono bridge jewel needs to be adjusted

We have already made a swift action to correct these issues that include the following –

· The hands and dial were replaced. Now we have confirmed there are no issues with the markers.

· The movement screws and some movement parts, along with the plexiglass crystal were replaced.

· The bracelet was touched up.
    It's just crazy to me that this needed to be done after being sent to them to be service 3 separate times. Oh well.
    hugof3C, cybercat, mannal and 2 others like this.

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Your watch has been fully evaluated by our warranty workshop lead watchmaker and he made the following evaluation –

· The hour recording hand is loose

· On the dial, the minute recording markers are not printed correctly and are slightly off not aligning with the hand. A new dial was used to confirm the defect on the current dial.

· Chrono bridge jewel needs to be adjusted

We have already made a swift action to correct these issues that include the following –

· The hands and dial were replaced. Now we have confirmed there are no issues with the markers.

· The movement screws and some movement parts, along with the plexiglass crystal were replaced.

· The bracelet was touched up.
    It's just crazy to me that this needed to be done after being sent to them to be service 3 separate times. Oh well.
    Agreed! This should never have gotten to this point. However, it appears that the issues have been addressed and fixed. Let's hope it truly is fixed, and you don't have any other problems going forward.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

René
    cybercat likes this.
    Citizen Navihawk
    Momentum Supernova, Titan II (GONE--gifted to a friend's son), Aquamatic II (Blue Dial)
    OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Railmaster Co-Axial Master Chronometer (ref 220.10.38.20.01.002), Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch (ref 310.30.42.30.01.005), Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Chronometer (ref 233.30.41.21.01.001)
    Seiko SKX007 (GONE--gifted to my uncle)
    Steinhart Marine Chronometer II Roman (Unitas 6498), Nav. B-Chrono II DLC (ETA Valjoux 7750)(SOLD), Nav. B-Uhr II (Unitas 6497)(SOLD), Ocean One Vintage (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD), Ocean One Vintage Red (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD)

Welcome to Omega service. I KNOW what your going through.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    Welcome to Omega service. I KNOW what your going through.
    That sucks man, what happened with your watches?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information