Omega Service Issues - Page 3
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Omega Service Issues

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Omega Service Issues

Quote Originally Posted by MrGarak View Post
    That sucks man, what happened with your watches?
    Goodness, where do I start. The long term members will remember my Planet Ocean issue posts and had to put up with my constant complaints.

In a nutshell:
    *the 2500C movement kept failing.
    *dials applied markings were off centre.
    *service centre added scratches
    *movement still kept failing after each repair
    *i sold it after the 3rd of 4th time it came back from service.

When I'm at my computer next, I'll see if I can edit this post with linking threads from those years ago.

Saying all that, over half a decade later I still bought another PO

So I got the watch back on Thursday, everything looked great upon first inspection, however I noticed that on the dial, under the '6' in the "60", in the seconds subdial there is now either a piece of debris/dust or an imperfection on the dial. I was livid, I emailed them back telling them I want the watch replaced now, I don't want them servicing it for a 5th time. I'm seriously considering weather or not I want to support this brand anymore. If this was the first or second time I sent it out then maybe this wouldn't be such a big deal but I've had enough at this point. I'm so frustrated with Omega
    hugof3C and rfortson like this.

heb

Not with the Speedmaster Professional, but the same not lining up/walking to the right problems with my Speedmaster "Racing" watch. Sent it in to two different sources and will do so again after the holidays. It may be unfixable. I just may have to use it as a three hand model; very accurate.

heb

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

So I heard back from the VP I have been communicating with, he agreed to replace my watch however since they don't make the 3570.50 they will replace with the 311.30 model. Hoping that should be the end of this now.

Thanks for this thread...kinda

I had just posted a thread seeking advice about sending my dynamic chrono to Omega Miami for service, its acting up. After reading this thread, I really have some trepidation about sending it in. Unfortunately it needs service, and I am not sure to trust the one local watchmaker who fixes Rolex, hear in BFE! What to do... what to do...?

En cas d'absence, je ne suis pas là. Si vous n'êtes pas là non plus, il n'y a personne.

So I heard back from the VP I have been communicating with, he agreed to replace my watch however since they don't make the 3570.50 they will replace with the 311.30 model. Hoping that should be the end of this now.
    5th time's the charm..
    I'd consider if I'd still be able to enjoy it before removing the plastics

Quote Originally Posted by slippinjimmy View Post
    Thanks for this thread...kinda

I had just posted a thread seeking advice about sending my dynamic chrono to Omega Miami for service, its acting up. After reading this thread, I really have some trepidation about sending it in. Unfortunately it needs service, and I am not sure to trust the one local watchmaker who fixes Rolex, hear in BFE! What to do... what to do...?
    I mean the thing that stands out to me, apart from the terrible service I received the first few times was the fact that they at least they seem to stand by their product and will go as far as replacing if necessary. Now that may not be ideal for most people and I definitely get why, however it works in this situation as it's not a vintage model or anything.

I really hope you have better luck with getting it serviced. Maybe try seeing if you can send it direct to their headquarters in Switzerland or to another location instead of the NJ service center. That's where my watch was sent each time.

Quote Originally Posted by hugof3C View Post
    5th time's the charm..
    I'd consider if I'd still be able to enjoy it before removing the plastics
    I did consider that, heavily, however the Speedmaster moonwatch is without a doubt my favorite watch, despite the damn issues I've been running into. I'm a huge space guy, love everything to do with NASA and the Apollo programs and I think I would majorly regret it if I sold the Speedmaster, as long as the issues are fixed that is.

I have three grail watches that once I own I hope to never get rid of, Speedmaster (own), Seamaster (own) and a Submariner (hope to own someday).
    rfortson likes this.

En cas d'absence, je ne suis pas là. Si vous n'êtes pas là non plus, il n'y a personne.

I did consider that, heavily, however the Speedmaster moonwatch is without a doubt my favorite watch, despite the damn issues I've been running into. I'm a huge space guy, love everything to do with NASA and the Apollo programs and I think I would majorly regret it if I sold the Speedmaster, as long as the issues are fixed that is.

I have three grail watches that once I own I hope to never get rid of, Speedmaster (own), Seamaster (own) and a Submariner (hope to own someday).
    there must be a watchmaker you can trust to do a good job at the first try somewhere around where you live,
    if you make a point of keeping it, that's the way to go, then.
    I've sent omegas still in warranty period, be it from purchase or repair,
    to private watchmakers for a proper service,
    it's unreasonable having to pay for what should be free, but enough is enough.
    it's not just about the hassle or if eventually someone will get the job done right,
    that much opening and repairing is sure to leave it's mark and, If like me, you're buying to keep, you'll end up feeling it sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by hugof3C; December 17th, 2019 at 19:54.

I'll have to see if I can find a watch maker locally. The only one I know of right now works for a jeweler who is an Omega dealer and he will just send the watches out to Omega.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information