Omega Service Issues - Page 4
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Omega Service Issues

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Omega Service Issues

I received the new watch today. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I looked and saw that the minute subdial hand was mis-aligned.

I don’t understand what is happening, is this a common issue? Am I just expecting too much? I mean the amount that it is misaligned is very very small, it’s just barely off of the minute mark but still, I would think for the cost ($5300 according to the tag included) that this kind of thing wouldn’t be happening? See the attached pic to see how it is currently aligned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Is it possible for you to take a new picture? To me it looks like you're at an angle slightly. The minute subdial looks darn-near perfect aligned, but your seconds hand looks misaligned; which to me looks like it's because of the picture. Perhaps a new pic?

And yes, and these costs, I also expect perfection...
    rfortson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGarak View Post
    I received the new watch today. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I looked and saw that the minute subdial hand was mis-aligned.

I don’t understand what is happening, is this a common issue? Am I just expecting too much? I mean the amount that it is misaligned is very very small, it’s just barely off of the minute mark but still, I would think for the cost ($5300 according to the tag included) that this kind of thing wouldn’t be happening? See the attached pic to see how it is currently aligned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    This happened to me too, my AD sent it back and had a very hard time getting the alignment done without an additional fee.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Omega Service Issues

Here’s an update pic, I tried to get it dead center but it’s tough. It’s just off to the left. When I start the chronograph, the hour subdial moves back slightly too which I had an issue with on the original watch. The told me it was a combination of a defective dial and a loose hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MrGarak; 4 Weeks Ago at 18:23.

In your updated pic, it honestly looks pretty darn good (from here). Perhaps up close it looks a little different. For me, yours would be acceptable.

As a contrast/baseline, here's a brand new watch I bought from one of our reputable-and-beloved-WUS brands, just a little bit cheaper than yours. How they even remotely allowed this to escape the factory, at this price point, and anything over $200 really, was appalling to me. Here is a dead-on picture:

Name:  Alignment.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  82.5 KB

This one went back.

This is a timely thread as I’ve just received a watch serviced at the Culver City Service Center.

A watch sent in for a noticeable flaw on a new watch returned with a noticeable ding on the case and four scrapes on the inner lugs which are mirror polished.

I’ve contacted the Culver City Service Center again, the NJ Customer Center as well as other contacts. This ‘service’ feels very amateur to me, as every watchmaker I know is careful enough with a $900 watch much less one that has an MSRP of $8700. Keep in mind this watch also has a grand total of 30 minutes of wrist time as I had wanted to resolve the initial imperfection before using it daily.

Sorry to detract from the OP’s plight, though I can add details if needed. This is unacceptable for purchases at this price point.
    hugof3C likes this.

Banned

I had a nightmare experience sending in my Rado to be serviced to SWGUSA in NJ.

I have a certina w/ a misaligned date wheel that I will "live" (it's under warranty) with b/c these guys are in their repair dept are ass clowns...

The NJ Service Center is less than impressive. My Planet Ocean has been there 3 times this year. I finally got the US CS rep to email me back and she tried to tell me my watch was working within specifications, despite me telling her repeatedly and through phone calls and emails that it in fact was not. It gains 45-55 seconds every 24 hours. They suggested I send it back, to which I politely declined. They did agree to send me a mailer, which I just Fed ex'd yesterday to HQ in Bienne. I know I won't see it again for 6-9 months, but it is my hope it comes back right.

I feel your pain and frustration.

I do have an Aqua Terra and a 2264 as well as a Pelagos. If this trip doesn't fix it I may cut my losses and find a brand that supports their products.

Good luck!

These accounts of service & repair are unacceptable. Who exactly is supervising the repairs or contacts the consumer once the watch arrives at a service center? Is there any advice or assessment?

And to have a premium brand’s watch in service three times in one year is something I just can’t imagine. I thought Omega had higher standards.

This is totally unacceptable to hear about all these issues from Omega and their service. I don't feel I will be supporting this brand much longer, between this nightmare with my Speedmaster and hearing about all the other issues It might be time to move on.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information