Omega Service Issues - Page 5
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Omega Service Issues

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Omega Service Issues

As a component of this discussion, what is the route of repair for cosmetic issues if that damage was done when the watch was in service?

By this I mean, A brand new watch (conservatively 98% by evaluation) now has six areas of visual scratches, a ding and a mark on the dial where there previously was none. This is on a recently discontinued model, which makes how to navigate my issues rather complicated.

I can post images of these areas, but prefer to get this resolved (with a happy result) instead of airing grievances. Though we will see how things go. . . .

Recently had my PO serviced by Seattle Omega Svc Center. Also disappointed - watch returned with a defective clasp and slightly misaligned bezel. Clasp was replaced. Bezel is “in spec”. My 20 year old tag, my 5 Seikos, Breitling, and Tudor are all better aligned with regard to bezel and dial. Disappointing to say the least. I am probably done w Omega for life.

Cheers.
    NM
    hugof3C likes this.

Hope you escalated this case - Omega has been nothing buy great for me in terms of customer service and being able to give me updates/helping me get the exact service i want.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteshields1830 View Post
    Hope you escalated this case - Omega has been nothing buy great for me in terms of customer service and being able to give me updates/helping me get the exact service i want.
    How exactly, and to whom, does the escalation work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reached back out to the people I've been working with and I'm just waiting to hear back. This time of year is tough because I'm sure most of them are taking vacation time, I'm just trying to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Artek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteshields1830 View Post
    How exactly, and to whom, does the escalation work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly this. There should be zero variation between quality of servicing these watches. There should be no need to escalate or contact ‘someone’ through a labyrinthine network to get proper service or QC.

At the risk of being redundant, having other brand's watches serviced, I was contacted by the watchmaker who would be undertaking the repair directly, consulted and confirmed prior to work being performed. That had not occurred with my watch, which was shall we say, off-putting.

There’s a phrase, used by toolmakers, pharmacists, and machinists. Do it right, do it once.
    Last edited by watchfisher; 3 Weeks Ago at 17:58.
    MrGarak, cybercat, Artek and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by watchfisher View Post
    At the risk of being redundant, having other brand's watches serviced, I was contacted by the watchmaker who would be undertaking the repair directly, consulted and confirmed prior to work being performed. That had not occurred with my watch, which was shall we say, off-putting.
    What brands were these?

Quote Originally Posted by MrGarak View Post
    Here’s an update pic, I tried to get it dead center but it’s tough. It’s just off to the left.
    I just checked my PO Chronograph and my minute subdial is off to the right more than yours is off to the left. However, I can only tell that by using a loupe. If I look at it with my bare 55 year old eyes (with reading glasses) I can't tell it's mis-aligned at all. I think at this point you're looking for perfection that is not going to be there. After all, there is a thing called "tolerance" and not every mechanical device will be perfect even when within that tolerance. Yours looks as perfect as I believe anyone should expect.

As for the hour subdial moving when you start the timer, that's different. Mine does not move at all. I'm no Archer so don't know how that would be possible but I guess given the mechanism, there can be some slop in the gearing that could cause that to happen. If it's a slight wiggle that only happens in that micro-second you click "go" yet the watch works perfectly fine after that, I'd ignore it if it were me. Just don't look at it when you press the go button!

I used to buy TAG-Heuer watches exclusively and always had them serviced at Ben Bridge who had TAG-Heuer trained and certified watchmakers at their locations and was never dissatisfied with the work they performed. Never had to send them in to TAG and never had a problem. The one guy in Costa Mesa always came out to talk to me personally about what I wanted, what he found and what he fixed. I think that's very important - personal communication with the person doing the service. You can't get that by sending a watch out for service but you can definitely talk to the people in the boutique and show them you care so much you only want the best service and will settle for nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    What brands were these?
    Sinn. IWC. Nomos. Seiko.

Sinn in particular was incredibly customer focused and detail oriented. I expected something similar from Omega.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast