Omega Service Issues
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Omega Service Issues

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Omega Service Issues

I just sent my Speedmaster (3570.50) out for service for the 4th time in a year and a half for essentially the same problem (Subdials not lining up/reseting back to 0 and now the hour sub dial running backwards slightly..). Has anyone else run into issues like this? I never had a problem with my Speedmaster until I sent it to Omega to get it serviced (initially I cracked the crystal, sent it out to get it replaced).

I just got it back from it's last service about 2 weeks ago. It's really frustrating you spend this kind of money on a watch, then you spend the $750 or so to have it serviced by the manufacturer and have these issues.

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    I'm really sorry to hear you're having these issues. This should NEVER happen.

I think it's time for you to take this further up the food chain. Actually, the time for that was after the third time, but it's too late for that now.

When you get your Speedmaster back this time and the problem isn't solved to your satisfaction I think it would be in your best interest to start taking a more serious approach. I'm not sure what that might be, but I'm sure there are members here who can give you ideas as to how to proceed.

I'm in Vancouver, and I just sent my Speedmaster in for service with Swatch Canada about 2 weeks ago.

I've read so many of these threads over the years that I wanted my watch to go directly to Swatch rather than have my AD send it to the service centre they use. I even went as far as requesting that it be sent to Switzerland. For my AD Switzerland wasn't an option, but they offered to send it to Swatch Canada in Toronto.

I'm going to try not to be pessimistic, but your experience isn't giving me much confidence in the fate of my watch.

I'm planning on starting a thread about my experience having my watch serviced with Swatch Canada. It will follow the story of my watch from purchase info right through until this first service. I hope it will be a positive experience.

I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully this time your watch will be working to OMEGA specifications, and your satisfaction.

René
    cybercat and keisuke_z like this.
    Citizen Navihawk
    Momentum Supernova, Titan II (GONE--gifted to a friend's son), Aquamatic II (Blue Dial)
    OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Railmaster Co-Axial Master Chronometer (ref 220.10.38.20.01.002), Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch (ref 310.30.42.30.01.005), Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Chronometer (ref 233.30.41.21.01.001)
    Seiko SKX007 (GONE--gifted to my uncle)
    Steinhart Marine Chronometer II Roman (Unitas 6498), Nav. B-Chrono II DLC (ETA Valjoux 7750)(SOLD), Nav. B-Uhr II (Unitas 6497)(SOLD), Ocean One Vintage (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD), Ocean One Vintage Red (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD)

Re: Omega Service Issues

I hope yours is a positive experience, I have three Omega's and i'm really dreading having to send any of them out to Omega to get them serviced after this. Depending on how this goes I may just sell off my Omega collection and move on to something else.

I did try to escalate last time, but if I had to guess, the service rep didn't actually escalate as she was basically useless which is unfortunate.

I do have the contact details of the customer service rep that I am working with this time, I was contemplating more serious approaches, still am, just not too sure what that would be aside from demanding a new watch/movement. When he gets my watch tomorrow he is going to bring it to a watch maker to discuss and let me know
    hugof3C likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Maybe try sending a letter, or email, to Swatch/OMEGA head office in Switzerland detailing your experience.

I'm not sure if that will get you any further, or just be ignored, but it's definitely worth a try.

Hopefully someone else will chime in soon with another course of action that might help.

Please keep us updated as to how things evolve from here. I, for one, would be very interested to see what transpires.

Again, best of luck!

René
    Citizen Navihawk
    Momentum Supernova, Titan II (GONE--gifted to a friend's son), Aquamatic II (Blue Dial)
    OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Railmaster Co-Axial Master Chronometer (ref 220.10.38.20.01.002), Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch (ref 310.30.42.30.01.005), Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Chronometer (ref 233.30.41.21.01.001)
    Steinhart Marine Chronometer II Roman (Unitas 6498), Nav. B-Chrono II DLC (ETA Valjoux 7750)(SOLD), Nav. B-Uhr II (Unitas 6497)(SOLD), Ocean One Vintage (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD), Ocean One Vintage Red (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD)

En cas d'absence, je ne suis pas là. Si vous n'êtes pas là non plus, il n'y a personne.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGarak View Post
    When he gets my watch tomorrow he is going to bring it to a watch maker to discuss and let me know
    by now, the very least would be that,
    don't take the watch back unless verified it is indeed proper this time.

if not, push for new /refund,
    a new movement is still a fix, and you have no reason to believe it'll solve anything,
    you sent it in just to replace the crystal, after all,
    what would be the likely outcome of having the same guys doing that job?

I won't tell you my experiences, since, not likely to be the same repair centre, it wouldn’t be relevant,
    just don't take it home on their word again.

as for contacting Switzerland, I never got a reply,
    others may have different experiences, I just don't advise to waste time with that,
    it's the 4th time.

Wow! Really bad luck OP! I would be seething if this had happened once, let alone 3 times. As noted above, I would be pushing for a brand new watch or a refund depending on what would please you most. If this is refused (I can't see why they would refuse now0 then I would insist on it being sent to Switzerland.

I sent my PO in for service almost 2 years ago and requested that it was sent to Switzerland for service. The Omega boutique I dropped it of into were more than happy to grant this request. I offered to pay for the postage, but they refused it. It came back 10 weeks later like new and running like a dream.

The CEO of Omega is on instagram. Drop him a direct message. He has always answered any messages I've sent him and he seems big on customer service. His username is raynald_08

Good luck.
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall" , Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition,Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

En cas d'absence, je ne suis pas là. Si vous n'êtes pas là non plus, il n'y a personne.

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post

The CEO of Omega is on instagram. Drop him a direct message. He has always answered any messages I've sent him and he seems big on customer service. His username is raynald_08
    this should be a sticky
    solesman, NikoMos and alihomages like this.

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    Wow! Really bad luck OP! I would be seething if this had happened once, let alone 3 times. As noted above, I would be pushing for a brand new watch or a refund depending on what would please you most. If this is refused (I can't see why they would refuse now0 then I would insist on it being sent to Switzerland.

I sent my PO in for service almost 2 years ago and requested that it was sent to Switzerland for service. The Omega boutique I dropped it of into were more than happy to grant this request. I offered to pay for the postage, but they refused it. It came back 10 weeks later like new and running like a dream.

Good luck.
    I knew someone would come by with some useful ideas. Thanks Dan!!

When I was looking at getting my Speedmaster serviced I also contacted my OB. Unfortunately they weren't quick enough getting back to me and my watch was already on its way to Toronto. They did say that they'd be more than happy to send my watch to Bienne for servicing.

Good advice from Dan.

René
    solesman likes this.
    Citizen Navihawk

GTA, Ontario, Canada, the True North strong and free

Quote Originally Posted by Titan II View Post

I think it's time for you to take this further up the food chain. Actually, the time for that was after the third time, but it's too late for that now.

When you get your Speedmaster back this time and the problem isn't solved to your satisfaction I think it would be in your best interest to start taking a more serious approach. I'm not sure what that might be, but I'm sure there are members here who can give you ideas as to how to proceed.

I'm in Vancouver, and I just sent my Speedmaster in for service with Swatch Canada about 2 weeks ago.

I've read so many of these threads over the years that I wanted my watch to go directly to Swatch rather than have my AD send it to the service centre they use. I even went as far as requesting that it be sent to Switzerland. For my AD Switzerland wasn't an option, but they offered to send it to Swatch Canada in Toronto.

I'm going to try not to be pessimistic, but your experience isn't giving me much confidence in the fate of my watch.

I'm planning on starting a thread about my experience having my watch serviced with Swatch Canada. It will follow the story of my watch from purchase info right through until this first service. I hope it will be a positive experience.

I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully this time your watch will be working to OMEGA specifications, and your satisfaction.

René
    Just out of curiousity, what is the difference between the Swatch service centre in Toronto and the one elsewhere that your watch was going to go to? Does your AD not send their Omega watches to Swatch?

Also, I'm not sure what your expectations are based upon, but I've had enough horrible experiences with the Swatch service centre in Toronto that I can't see myself ever using them again. Good luck though.
    DESIDERANTES MELIOREM PATRIAM

Quote Originally Posted by hidden by leaves View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan II View Post

René
    Just out of curiousity, what is the difference between the Swatch service centre in Toronto and the one elsewhere that your watch was going to go to? Does your AD not send their Omega watches to Swatch?

Also, I'm not sure what your expectations are based upon, but I've had enough horrible experiences with the Swatch service centre in Toronto that I can't see myself ever using them again. Good luck though.
    My ADs practice is to send their service and repairs to an OMEGA certified local watchmaker.

My thinking is that the Swatch Group would take more care in servicing and repairing their watches than an independent watchmaker. Hopefully they pride themselves in the work they do and the product that leaves their service centre.

Hopefully my thinking isn't flawed.

René
    Citizen Navihawk

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information