Omega Speedmaster 38MM - Thoughts / Future Outlook
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Omega Speedmaster 38MM - Thoughts / Future Outlook

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    j1n

Omega Speedmaster 38MM - Thoughts / Future Outlook

I am in the market for an Omega Speedmaster but due to my small wrists I am looking at a Speedmaster Reduced. The normal Speedmasters look ok on my wrist due to the lug to lug but the Reduced just looks more proportionate in my opinion.

Omega has released a few new 38MM models but they just honestly don't appeal to me. They don't have that same Speedmaster feel and give off a vibe of a target audience of female/unisex for a lot of the designs.

What are your thoughts on the current 38 MM models? do you feel they will branch out and offer more in the future with a more classical speedmaster design? I am just trying to figure out whether I should wait and hope for a newer Speedmaster reduced model in the next few years or just cop a 10+ year old time piece. All thoughts appreciated and I understand it's all just guesses for the most part.

Re: Omega Speedmaster 38MM - Thoughts / Future Outlook

Sounds like you want the watch for yourself and if happy, a long term possession. If so, definitely go for the classic SMr and be happy.

On the other hand, if this is more of an investment, or you may want to flip etc then I would think more carefully. Then your subject to the market forces to make a good decision.

I wouldn’t force myself into liking the new line. Maybe later on they’ll release something you totally love, at which point you could sell your reduced and get that one model.

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    j1n and FarmKid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by j1n View Post
    Omega has released a few new 38MM models but they just honestly don't appeal to me. They don't have that same Speedmaster feel and give off a vibe of a target audience of female/unisex for a lot of the designs.
    Even this one?

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/w...32430385001001
    Jguitron and LosAngelesTimer like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Last edited by skriefal; 6 Days Ago at 14:07. Reason: doublt post bug rears its head again

If you don't like it, don't buy it. You'll just regret it and risk taking a loss selling it.

The original Reduced models have the same aesthetic as the Professional and look better for it. They also seem to be appreciating, although buying watches to speculate like that isn't the wisest strategy. If you buy right I doubt you'll lose money, though. Don't worry about the age, 10 years old is nothing. Buy one that's been serviced and enjoy it, or pay less for one that hasn't had a recent service and it'll more than likely keep time nearly as well. Watch Vault NYC is a reputable place to find one; DM me about it before you buy if you choose to go with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jguitron, j1n and FarmKid like this.
    In the collection:
    β SuperOcean Héritage A1732124
    Ω Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50
    Seiko Day-Date 7N43-8A39 (inherited)
    Guess WaterPro Chronograph 42mm (whole lot of history)

In the garage:

Carrera 3.2 Targa (toy)
    F10 5-Series (daily)
    Audi Q3 (hers)

Quote Originally Posted by skriefal View Post
    Beat me to it. I was going to post this as well. I was just looking at this model online the other day.

Last edited by bipyjamas; 6 Days Ago at 08:18. Reason: Duplicate

I prefer the Speedy Reduced next to the newer 38mm Speedmaster on aesthetics alone. As you've noticed, the new one doesn't quite channel the feel of the classic Speedmaster.

What I don't like about the Reduced is the movement and consequently how the chrono pushers are offset versus the crown. Then there is the question of the Reduced' age and whether it'll need a service.

If it were me, I would give up on the Speedmaster idea until a different 38mm option appears. The Sinn 356 is what I would be getting instead - just need to be wary of the thickness.

Also, kudos to you for recognising that just because a watch fits, does not mean it necessarily looks good. A lot of people seem to gloss over this for whatever reason. Wearing a well proportioned watch is noticeably much more enjoyable than one that simply "fits".
    ProjectQuattro and j1n like this.

I owned a speedy reduced gen 2 thinking that i had small wrists and that smaller watches suited me. I ended up selling it and buying a fois, fits perfectly. I feel a lot of people think they have smaller wrists than they do.

I have a 6.5' wrist and was torn, the 42 was just a little bigger than i liked and i didn't feel i could wear it daily , i ordered it then canceled the order, i'm probably going to wait for a more vintage reduced 39mm to pop up , the FOIS fit just like the 42mm i think
    instagram: Tarek_307

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information