Omega Speedmaster 9300 owners... Your opinions down the line?
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Omega Speedmaster 9300 owners... Your opinions down the line?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Omega Speedmaster 9300 owners... Your opinions down the line?

I'm currently seriously contemplating a 9300 Speedmaster. I tried one today and thought its stunning in real life. Really well done in pretty much every aspect.

I noticed a thread you guys created back in February 2012 and therefore I wondered how you are getting along with your watch over a year down the line.

Have you kept them/flipped them, has the novelty worn off, are they keeping good time or showing any faults etc? I'd expect not to the latter but you never know.

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated as the main thing putting me off is the price!! In regards to this, are there any hints of resale values yet?
    Last edited by W44NE G; April 17th, 2013 at 01:19.

Re: Omega Seedmaster 9300 owners... Your opinions down the line?

Still love mine. No regrets.

In terms of resale value, I'm not sure. I noticed that member IGotID is putting his up for sale.

Re: Omega Seedmaster 9300 owners... Your opinions down the line?

Th​anks, unfortunately I'm in the UK but will keep an eye out for his pricing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Omega Speedmaster 9300 owners... Your opinions down the line?

I like mine, it doesn't sing to me like my POs but I won't be selling it.

To elaborate its amazing but expensive.
    Last edited by GTTIME; April 17th, 2013 at 11:03.

Quote Originally Posted by GTTIME View Post
    I like mine, it doesn't song to me like my POs but I won't be selling it.
    I have had mine 9 months. I love it (it loses 1 sec a day, stable in all positions. I would prefer gain 1 sec). I find the bracelet on the 9300 Speedy much less prone to desk rash for some reason. I had an 8500 PO which was stolen which I miss dearly. But thinking back when I had both, the Speedy was my daily. But I still want an 8500 PO but I don't need one.

Bob

I've had mine for a year and still really like it. I switch mine pretty frequently between the metal and leather bracelet as I am not sure which I prefer more. My only criticism is that the watch can be a bit tall especially if you need to wear business shirts at work. You will get used to the size and height very quickly.
    Name:  01.jpg
Views: 2787
Size:  326.2 KB
    Name:  02.jpg
Views: 2429
Size:  291.7 KB
    Name:  03.jpg
Views: 2561
Size:  277.4 KB
    BaCaitlin, Alex_TA and mitadoc like this.
    Follow me on Instagram at: https://www.instagram.com/anthonydo3007/
    Current rotation:
    Omega Speedmaster "First Omega in Space", Omega Seamaster Diver 300M, Nomos Orion Neomatik, TAG Heuer Carrera Fangio LE

Gone: Rolex Sea-Dweller 4000, Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Duoface, Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial, Nomos Orion, Rolex Submariner 114060, Rolex GMT Master IIc, Omega Speedmaster Pro, Omega Speedmaster Co-Axial Chrono 9300, Omega Planet Ocean, Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal, IWC Portuguese Chrono, IWC Portofino Chrono, TAG Heuer Carrera Jack Heuer 80 Edition, TAG Heuer Grand Carrera, TAG Heuer Monaco, Grand Seiko SBGR061, Oris Divers 65

Quote Originally Posted by clover4studio View Post
    I've had mine for a year and still really like it. I switch mine pretty frequently between the metal and leather bracelet as I am not sure which I prefer more. My only criticism is that the watch can be a bit tall especially if you need to wear business shirts at work. You will get used to the size and height very quickly.
    Name:  01.jpg
Views: 2787
Size:  326.2 KB
    Name:  02.jpg
Views: 2429
Size:  291.7 KB
    Name:  03.jpg
Views: 2561
Size:  277.4 KB
    I switch mine often as well and always miss whatever isn't on it at the time. So odd.

I don't find it tall at all.
    calv1n likes this.

ACW

I really wanted to like this watch. Tried it on at the boutique but just did not like how it felt on the wrist. It is slightly thicker than the speedy pro and that is what bothered me as I was planning to use it as a dress watch. May have to try it on again to give it another try as I really like how it looks.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonphase 3575.20.00
    Omega Speedmaster Professional DSOM 311.92.44.51.01.003
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2200.51.00
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Liquid Metal LE 222.30.42.30.01.001
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Titanium Liquid Metal 232.90.46.21.03.001
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Titanium Liquid Metal Chronograph 232.90.46.51.03.001
    Victorinox Swiss Army Chrono Pro 241187
    Victorinox Swiss Army Titanium

I reluctantly sold mine to fund some home improvements and have regretted it since. It is a fantastic watch, easily worth the price (on the secondhand market anyway) and looks stunning on black leather, and great on the bracelet as well. I don't feel like it wore any taller or bigger than a standard 3570.50 but I'm not overly-sensitive to watch size. It kept great time and my only (minor) complaint is that the 21mm lug width somewhat limits strap options. I will be re-obtaining this one eventually.

mikkemus23 and mitadoc like this.
    www.calibre1040.com
    See my profile page for feedback as a buyer and seller.

I still love mine, and wear it regularly. I also have a silver dial AT 8500 and swap them around as my dailies (I wear a suit on work days).
    The Speedy is more accurate (+1 per day) and looks fantastic on the bracelet and the strap. I really can't decide which I prefer. Like a previous post, I tend to miss whichever isn't on - very odd!
    The watch that has suffered the most since buying the 9300 is my Speedy Pro - that gets no wrist time at all because, in my opinion, the 9300 does it all a little better. The auto, the date, the sapphire - it's just a beautiful watch.

I have a plan how to get more wrist time for the Pro, more on that in a week or two when it's sorted.....!
    Macram likes this.
    Cheers,

Pete

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information