Omega Speedmaster Reduced - Buying help, choosing from 3 different offers
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By trott3r
  • 1 Post By MaxIcon

Thread: Omega Speedmaster Reduced - Buying help, choosing from 3 different offers

Hello,

I'm going to buy myself a Speedmaster Reduced and I have three different sellers that is offering for about the same price. I'm not too familiar with the watch, and would love some feedback and tips regarding which one I should go for.

N1:

Name:  119_1498045832.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  68.7 KB

Omega Speedmaster Reduced 1991 ref. nr 3510.50

Last known service 2013.

No box or papers.

N2:

Name:  924_102322217.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  207.1 KB

Omega Speedmaster Reduced 1992

39 mm. Cal. 1141. Serienr: 54xxxx Ref: 175 0032-1

Last known service 2016.

Documented condition of watch from AD:

Small ding case between 10 and 11

Small ding in bezel at 6

Caliber 1141

Watch goes 1.5s fast per day

Watch is as waterproof as it should be.

N3:

Name:  954_147106387.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  143.9 KB

Year: 1992

Caliber: 1155

Refnr: 175.0043

Diametre: 39mm

Crown: Original 18k gold Omega

Back: Steel, Original Omega

Case: Steel

Crystal: Sapphire

Strap: Original clasp(?), non original strap

Movement: Automatic Chronometre nr 53633042

Last known service 2017 (but seller says the last owner was not trustworthy and cannot guarantee that is correct).

Hope someone can help a fellow beguinner watch entusiast with these. :) I have several pictures of the watches, but was not allowed to post a link to the albums on imgur as this is my first post.

j1n

Re: Omega Speedmaster Reduced - Buying help, choosing from 3 different offers

what is the range of prices? I would say the first one. I'm also in the market for one and am interested in what prices youre being quoted with recent services. most of these have no service history.

Dont like the gold one and gold plating comes off with time?

Second one has me worried with the dings which when they happened could of had an affect on the movement.

So that leaves the first one.
    I have a 1998 version myself
    trappster likes this.
    Davosa,Omega speedy reduced, Seiko(6) ,Orient (3),Citizen (3) GShocks(8), Pebble Time smartwatches (2) are my poison on a Skinny 5 and 3/4 inch wrist

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Does the first one have service dial and hands? The lume looks much newer than the second one, despite them being about the same age. The lume on both dial and hands is white. The pic makes it hard to tell if the case is crisp or polished. It'll be due for a service sooner, as well.

The second has aged lume on the dial, while the hour hand is starting to darken. On some Omegas of that vintage, the lume on the hands turns black instead of creamy. This makes me think the dial and hands might be original. The dings are worrisome, and new bezels run $600-ish if that bezel ding were to nag at you.

The gold one has applied markers with lume dots instead of full lume markers, and a completely different look that doesn't resemble the classic Speedy so much, plus there's the potential of worn plating, as trott3r mentioned, which can't be seen in the pic. It's also going to be taller, due to the 7750 based movement, I believe, but with the plus of a date if that matters.

All those are personal preference items, depending on what you're looking for. Based on the limited pics, I'd go for #1, mostly due to the dings on #2.

Aside from that, I'd look at pics of the rest of the watch to see if there are issues with scratches, polishing, etc.
    trappster likes this.

N2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like number 2, have you tried a reduced on before? its always best to try on at least the same model before you buy, i tried on a speedmaster pro at the omega store and it turned out a little too big for my small wrist. (might actually look into reduced)

What are the price ranges?
    instagram: Tarek_307

Do any of them come on a bracelet? If so, buy that one. Straps are easy to find, bracelets are expensive.

I'd also be curious to hear pricing because it is relevant.

Without any further detail, and assuming they're all as pictured with no bracelet, #1 would get my vote. Even if it's a service dial, it looks near-mint which makes resale easier. Patina limits your market to enthusiasts, and even then a specific subset of enthusiasts. The bottom one is even more niche.

They're great watches though, very light and comfortable and also a versatile style. You'll enjoy it.

ETA: That 6 o'clock ding in the bezel of the second one is not "small," it's f*cking massive and would drive me nuts. Unless that came at a huge discount and/or you were planning on replacing it I'd pass.

In the collection:
    β SuperOcean Héritage A1732124
    Ω Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50
    Seiko Day-Date 7N43-8A39 (inherited)
    Guess WaterPro Chronograph 42mm (whole lot of history)

In the garage:

Carrera 3.2 Targa (toy)
    F10 5-Series (daily)
    Audi Q3 (hers)

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectQuattro View Post

ETA: That 6 o'clock ding in the bezel of the second one is not "small," it's f*cking massive and would drive me nuts. Unless that came at a huge discount and/or you were planning on replacing it I'd pass.

Good eye, i missed that ding at the 6 oclock, that is pretty unsightly
    instagram: Tarek_307

I just bought one in very similar to the first two you've shown, so I think either one would be great, therefore I would get the one at the lowest price. Wear it as much as possible and figure out if you're going to keep it forever or sell it. It's a process, nothing is final. You can always service it and try to make it look "new" later if it is something you get very attached to. If you wore it and kept it in good condition for the next couple years, I can't imagine you would lose money. From what I gathered during my search, they could be had for about $500 less 3-5 years ago. If you like it, you won't care what you paid, and if you don't like it, I can't imagine you would lose a lot of money if you re-sold it.
    Omega Seamaster
    Tissot T-12 Navigator World Time
    Longines Flagship
    Rado Starliner
    Bulova Astronaut
    Bulova Spaceview
    Bulova Lunar Pilot
    Zodiac SeaWolf

Thread Information