Omega Speedy Pro Moon - want to purchase, but should wait until 50th hoopla calms down?
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Omega Speedy Pro Moon - want to purchase, but should wait until 50th hoopla calms down?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Omega Speedy Pro Moon - want to purchase, but should wait until 50th hoopla calms down?

Hello Speedy fans,

I have been eying a Speedy Pro Moon watch (Hesalite) to purchase for a while now. However, I’ve seen the prices go up as much as $500 in the last six months, due in no small part to the 50th anniversary moon landing. After the anniversary, do my fellow collectors surmise it will decrease slightly in price, or is this the new norm?

Thanks!

Re: Omega Speedy Pro Moon - want to purchase, but should wait until 50th hoopla calms down?

It feels like the days of getting Speedmasters on the cheap are coming to an end. They are fantastic watches. The demand in Asia coupled with the Rolex sports watch madness will continue to drive prices up. Get it while you can.
    sculder and FarmKid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by yessir69 View Post
    It feels like the days of getting Speedmasters on the cheap are coming to an end. They are fantastic watches. The demand in Asia coupled with the Rolex sports watch madness will continue to drive prices up. Get it while you can.
    I would definitely agree with all of those statements. I bought a mint 3570.50 yesterday and I’ve been watching prices creep up for a while. I tried to buy 4 different speedies before getting the one yesterday, which should arrive Tuesday. Pieces that were good price, good shape, were vanishing right out from under me. There are a lot of watches to be had, but clearly a lot of buyers as well.

One of the sites i was looking at, maybe chrono24, had a price graph and it was a significant upward slope in price since around 2012.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Omega Speedy Pro Moon - want to purchase, but should wait until 50th hoopla calms down?

There might be a slight dip after August, but not much if anything. If you buy, just buy it and don't worry about it. Plus, if you hold onto it for a while you won't lose money. The moonwatch holds it's value pretty well.
    sculder and umarrajs like this.

FYI: here's the chrono24 chart i mentioned above specifically for the 3570.50.00

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 8.44.37 AM.png
Views: 37
Size:  96.1 KB
    sculder, thefatslice and yessir69 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sennaster View Post
    FYI: here's the chrono24 chart i mentioned above specifically for the 3570.50.00

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 8.44.37 AM.png
Views: 37
Size:  96.1 KB
    This is excellent, thank you! By the way, do you have a link to this value comparison site?

Quote Originally Posted by sculder View Post
    This is excellent, thank you! By the way, do you have a link to this value comparison site?
    I'd registered at chrono24 to save searches .. if you add a particular watch to your "collection" it'll produce the historical chart:
    https://www.chrono24.com/user/watch-...my-watches.htm

Quote Originally Posted by sculder View Post
    Hello Speedy fans,

I have been eying a Speedy Pro Moon watch (Hesalite) to purchase for a while now. However, I’ve seen the prices go up as much as $500 in the last six months, due in no small part to the 50th anniversary moon landing. After the anniversary, do my fellow collectors surmise it will decrease slightly in price, or is this the new norm?

Thanks!
    I think there's been an increase of Speedy supplies and some low prices, but they scooped up pretty quickly. If you're willing to go vintage, I feel you might be able to find a better deal there. I bought two 145.022 recently and I felt those prices weren't available months ago.
    sculder likes this.

The price increase is due to two factors:
    5 years of warranty (prices jumped like 200usd in dealers.

Then Omega raised msrp (500usd)
    That is what increased the prices..
    Dealers sell it for 25% off msrp with warranty, more or less.
    Most of them source them after you pay for it so that is what drove the price slightly up.

this Watch sits on shelves.
    There are a lot preowned to choose from.
    So it is not scarce
    sculder likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greedy View Post
    The price increase is due to two factors:
    5 years of warranty (prices jumped like 200usd in dealers.

Then Omega raised msrp (500usd)

That is what increased the prices..
    Dealers sell it for 25% off msrp with warranty, more or less.
    Most of them source them after you pay for it so that is what drove the price slightly up.
    Where did Omega raise Speedy Pro prices $500? It only went up $100 ($5,250 --> $5,350) in the U.S. this year.

Name:  SpeedyPro.JPG
Views: 35
Size:  131.6 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information