Which Omega watch as an investment? - Page 7
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Which Omega watch as an investment?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: Which Omega watch as an investment?

If I knew the answer to this I’d be buying them for myself.
    I AM A WATCHAHOLIC

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    A Quartz lasts almost forever. A good mechanical will last forever. A smart watch lasts only as long the hardware is compatible with the software.

Mechanical watches are forever timepieces, designed by craftsmen. They are a luxury item.

A smart watch is designed to last some years until it's obsolete. As mechanical watches, some can be made of precious metals with exquisite design, but it will still only last as long as the software is compatible.

That's why mechanical watches will remain desirable, just like a ring and other jewellery.
    A smart watch lasts only as long as the battery and those only have 1 year warranty.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am also thinking about buying the Seamaster 300 new model as an investment watch, but I notice the used market price is always below msrp, so I havesecond thoughts about the investment watch. I have also asked around and most ppl tell me to get submariner.

Which Omega watch as an investment?

Quote Originally Posted by ronan_zj View Post
    I am also thinking about buying the Seamaster 300 new model as an investment watch, but I notice the used market price is always below msrp, so I havesecond thoughts about the investment watch. I have also asked around and most ppl tell me to get submariner.
    Of course it's below msrp. There are lots of them out there.

I read speedmasters from 1970/71 are a good buy now.

I'm hoping my PO LE will hold its value, but I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxIcon View Post
    This. Old collectible models that are hard to find and getting harder are the most likely to appreciate, but you have to pony up the money for one in fine, original condition. Accidentally got a franken? There goes the appreciation.

Anything relatively new is a gamble.
    Anybody have a time machine?

planet ocean anything, as long as its its got a full set and no deep scratches. You can get any minor surface damage polished out for $100 and it can add a lot more value to the watch. Omega's typically run great too. with long periods before service is needed

Quote Originally Posted by igaxll View Post
    planet ocean anything, as long as its its got a full set and no deep scratches. You can get any minor surface damage polished out for $100 and it can add a lot more value to the watch. Omega's typically run great too. with long periods before service is needed
    You think so? I never saw the PO as an investment to be honest. Not a brand new one.

Probably the safest bet would be to buy a gently used Speedy Pro (the basic model) and just enjoy it. Those rarely go down in price, but they also aren't stupid expensive like some stainless steel tool watches.

Quote Originally Posted by rfortson View Post
    Probably the safest bet would be to buy a gently used Speedy Pro (the basic model) and just enjoy it. Those rarely go down in price, but they also aren't stupid expensive like some stainless steel tool watches.
    I promised my wife no more watches for years and years and years. She is an accountant, maybe I can sell the Speedmaster idea to her as a investment.

The risk is the Australian economy. When our dollar was on-par with USD I bought many watches from the USA. The ones I sold, I made money on. But with our dollar much lower than the USD, its an expensive exercise. The US economy is being managed better than the Australian one it sees but one day, our dollar may go up again. If our dollar does go up, any watches Australians buy now would turn out be a bad investment.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information