WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What is the speedy [black dial] reduced?

Once and for all... Is the speedmaster reduced (black dial) a womans watch?

9K views 103 replies 44 participants last post by  Justice 
#1 ·
Oh this is going to be fun. Lets have a bit of controversy going here...

Some refer to the speedmaster reduced [black dials, not pearl or white] as women's watches. Others say its a man's watch just slightly smaller.

Omega's website lists it under the Gentleman category.

Which is it for you?

There are the two models we are arguing about are these:

See less See more
#4 ·
My wife is under 5 feet tall, so she still qualifies for the Reduced, barely. Another inch and she's be in Pro territory.

#10 ·
Re: I'll let the pics do the talking AM

Well, don't know about the rest of you, but I think Jim's pictures are worth a thousand words.

Nuff said. :)

#12 ·
Sorry Jim, but AMs question is: "Is the speedmaster reduced (black dial) a womans watch?":-d

Damn you AM:-|
you had to go and do a poll:-d

#13 ·
The speedmaster pro inspired design is very masculine so I say these two black reduced versions are definitely made for men. Also, 38mm is small compared to watch size perceptions of today but that by no means makes it a woman's watch. Rolex datejusts are 36mm so they must be women's watches as well.

#14 ·
Yeh,,^^^^^
What he said

#23 ·
I rip on PO 42 owners for having a girly watch (even though my SMP chrono is smaller by 0.5mm ;-)) so you can guess my opinion on the reduced. I think the name says it all, I wouldn't be happy having a watch that went by that name, it just sounds inadequate.......:-d

Another thing about the reduced is that I think it looks a little weird especially the one pictured on the left the subs look too far apart......the first time I saw one I thought it looked one of those dodgy chinese fakes.

#27 ·
You guys are killing me,
I was planning on buying one for my father as a surprise christmas/retirement gift. He doesnt like BIG watches and thinks my 42 PO is a big watch. He has a vintage omega which is wafer thin and tiny in comparison to the PO and his daily wearer is a square faced tissot chrono which is again small in comparison to the 600m beast.
Infact im still getting it for him and if you guys with clocks on your wrist have anythng to say i can give you his number and you can tell him in person he's wearing a womans watch, PS hes scottish and known as big Jim.
have a good weekend every one.

#39 ·
Don't tell anyone cause the penalty it being beat stupid, but most of us are just busting AM's ass (the original poster)just because we can. And he wants us to. Its a nice watch that wears well and is a great timepiece.
I've got 4 of them and enjoy them. Don't tell.
jim

#40 ·
I voted unisex just so AM won't feel bad about wearing a girls watch.;-)
- Jake
Greetings,
I only know of the main participants on this thread from my frequent lurking and infrequent postings.
However, I voted as it being a woman's watch just to keep the pot stirred. :)
Be that as it may, I have 6.5' wrists and and I now wear a Speedy Pro.
Reading this forum eventually persuaded me that it was the only way to go.
YMMV,
b.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.