Opinions on my first Omega?

Thread: Opinions on my first Omega?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on my first Omega?

Hi guys, after lots of consideration I have decided to go for an Omega watch, and I've narrowed it down to two watches. I was just wondering what peoples opinions are on them before I make that final decision.

They are:

2220.80.00 - seamaster diver auto co axial - blue

2208.50.00 - seamaster planet ocean auto co axial -black/orange bezel.

Both with the steel straps.

The diver stood out first as I love the blue version. Only problem is it seems quite common. Found out 3 people in work already have versions of it.

The planet ocean is the one with the orange bezel. It looks so cool and different. I just wonder if it might clash with my clothing. Could be a good thing tho???

Anyway, it’s definitely going to be one of these babies. Just need some varied input from current users or admirers.

Thanks in advance

See
    watches.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by F07A; November 21st, 2007 at 01:19.

Re: Opinions on my first Omega?

I'm a pretty new PO owner, I went with the black bezel because I thought it would match everything a little better but I would love an orange one too someday. Maybe an orange chrono.

Ozz

Hi there and welcome.

Most replies you will get will say "get the one that speaks to you", "try them both on and see which you like best", " you can't go wrong with either of these choices".

And that's basicly what I would like to say as well.

The blue bond and the Po where on my shortlist too. I went for the PO eventually. The black bezel version.

I think your choice comes down to 'do I like blue or do I like orange'. Again, get the one that brings the biggest smile on your face.

The PO wears chunkier and heavier. Also, orange will be more difficult to combine with clothing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hey there, just came back from my honeymoon with a Orange PO with a metal bracelet and rubber dive strap courtesy of our favourite AD, I love it, I know many of the guys here on this forum go for the black PO but as you've been told already '... choose what speaks to you' !

I would love to see a Po with a blue bezel. Do they exist?

My main problem is that the blue bond spoke to me first, but the more I look at the Po the more I like it. These things are expensive, so have to get it right. Could end up scouting the net all night

Think a trip to the shop is in order tomorrow.

I do prefer the blue colour, but the shape and aesthetics of the Po seem to stand out abit more to me. Ooooh, I think I'm being pulled towards the Po. Maybe the black bezel with the orange numbers. The black bezel is more classy, but the orange bezel is more urm...peacocky if thats and expectable term. Depends how noticeable I want it to be really doesn't it? Abit more vanity is associated with the orange in my opinion.

Does anyone know if you can buy a different colour bezel and swap it over at the dealers depending on your mood or occasion?

Thanks for the input so far...

My advice is don't choose the watch based on what's on the wrists of others - go with the one you like best.

Went to the AD today and tried them on. Loved both! Wish I hadn't seen the Bond with GMT, my personal favourite of the 300 m collection! It's also the same price as the PO. Although, I now know that if I bought the 300m GMT, I'd think more about the PO afterwards. If I get the PO I’ll be more contempt.

There was just something more to the PO in my opinion. The owner also told me that shes sold loads of the bond watches. I would like something abit different. I also thought the bracelet was nicer on the PO. I tried both the orange bezel, and the black bezel with the orange numbers. Just a toss up between them really. As it’s my first watch, and will probably be my only one, unless I win the lottery. Im thinking more the black with orange numbers because I think it'll be more versatile.
    Last edited by F07A; November 21st, 2007 at 20:29.

either choice is great .. My wife actually picked out my orange PO

Can someone clarify if the po is available in blue? From these shots posted I cant really tell if its a dark blue or if its just a tint reflection? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by F07A View Post
    Can someone clarify if the po is available in blue? From these shots posted I cant really tell if its a dark blue or if its just a tint reflection? Thanks
    All PO´s have a black dial. The double AR coating gives the crystal a blueish color.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information