Personal Review: Speedmaster 3594.50 - Page 2
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Personal Review: Speedmaster 3594.50

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Personal Review: Speedmaster 3594.50

Quote Originally Posted by Quartersawn View Post
    A excellent review and fine photos.

Despite being discontinued for many years it is still listed on the Omega site (as discontinued). The 3594.50 was my first Speedmaster and I still wear it often. It is a lovely watch.

And yes, the dial is a very dark gray.

Attachment 14637569
    Cheers twin!

And yes it is still listed on Omega's website, and many discontinued models are. Not sure why they are doing that.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Nice write up. I ended up with this model of Speedmaster after buying and selling a couple of different versions of the Speedmaster pro. I like the manual wind, broad arrow hands, and the tapered bracelet. I am not sure why, but they tend to sell for a lot less than comparable age standard moon watches.

Amazing write up OP. I actually miss my 3594. For me, I just found it hard to read at times since the hands disappear in certain angles.
    |Ω

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This is a great model in terms of design of one is not fixated on having a perfect replica of a particular vintage model. I too like the non pro dial, applied logo and clean caseback. It's a model that seems like something that could have existed in the lineup alongside the moonwatch all along for those that aren't as concerned with the NASA connection as having an evolution of the original Speedmaster concept.

Quote Originally Posted by iwhelan View Post
    This is a great model in terms of design of one is not fixated on having a perfect replica of a particular vintage model. I too like the non pro dial, applied logo and clean caseback. It's a model that seems like something that could have existed in the lineup alongside the moonwatch all along for those that aren't as concerned with the NASA connection as having an evolution of the original Speedmaster concept.
    I really wish more Speedys had the applied logo. I find it to be so classy compared to pure flat dial. (to a lesser extent, I feel the same way about the stepped dial)

Quote Originally Posted by iTreelex View Post
    Amazing write up OP. I actually miss my 3594. For me, I just found it hard to read at times since the hands disappear in certain angles.
    This is true, but of course, one could always tilt it a bit and see it clearly. Same applies to the logo, at times it looks like its logo-less lol

Its a shame it didnt sell well, but good for us owners having a less common model.

I too enjoy the cleaner aesthetics..

Quote Originally Posted by kraymehr View Post

I really wish more Speedys had the applied logo. I find it to be so classy compared to pure flat dial. (to a lesser extent, I feel the same way about the stepped dial)
    It is too bad about the stepped dial going away. I don't understand the move toward less features on something that looked great already.

Few years ago I assembled a Franken version of this watch, but used a 321 (from a seamaster I think)

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

It is too bad about the stepped dial going away. I don't understand the move toward less features on something that looked great already.
    The stepped dial does add much needed dimension on a really flat gray dial. I wish it stays too..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information