Planet Ocean 2500 Appreciation Thread - Page 23
Like Tree2022Likes

Thread: Planet Ocean 2500 Appreciation Thread

Page 23 of 95 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 ... LastLast

Re: Planet Ocean 2500 Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Moswissa View Post
    Yes I understand that it's better to keep the watch original. Don't get me wrong I love the orange. It was actually one of the main reasons I bought this watch. The thing is I feel like this orange screams way too much especially with short sleeves. I want to be able to switch it up. Makes me feel like I bought a new watch lol

I need to find out if this bezel is made for the 2500 or 8500. I thought it would be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, the 8500 comes with either a ceramic matte black bezel, or the orange aluminum insert, and black aluminum isn't one of the factory choices. But I suppose someone could have made the insert to the same specs as the original orange aluminum despite the wrong placement for the bezel lume pip.
    OMEGA * Grey Side of the Moon x2 * Ti PO 8500 & 9300 * PO LM LE * X-33 Solar Impulse LE * Speedy Tuesday LE * Seamaster Pro Ceramic Chrono * PO 2500 * Speedmaster Pro 861, 3570.50+3572.50 * Ti SMP Chrono 2298.80 * SMP Bond * WatchCo SM300 * '62 Seamaster DeVille x2 * Speedmaster 3513.30
    ROLEX * GMT Master II BLNR * Rolex SubC Hulk * Tudor Black Bay Red
    OTHER * Grand Seiko SBGX115 * Hamilton Harrison Ford Chrono * DOXA Poseidon LE * Bulova Moon x2 * Victorinox Dive Master 500 x3 * Luminox Atacama 1842 & 1923 + Colormark 3157 * Red Bull Formula 1 * Seiko Astron GPS * Seiko Prospex LE/PADI/SKX007/009/173 * Citizen Ti Perpetual Cal x2 +300M Diver x3 * DLC Apple Watch * Egard Passages * Casio ProTrek Solar x2 * Commander 300 * NTH Sub x2
    SOLD * Omega AT Quartz, Skyfall, MC, 2503.33, Great White GMT & SMP Mid * Rolex Sub Hulk, 16800, TT Sub, Polar Exp x3, black Exp II * GMT II Coke * Nomos Midnight Orion stolen * Omega CK-2998LE * Silver Snoopy Award LE * POLMLE * TAG Classic 2K * SMPc

Quote Originally Posted by DocJekl View Post
    Well, the 8500 comes with either a ceramic matte black bezel, or the orange aluminum insert, and black aluminum isn't one of the factory choices. But I suppose someone could have made the insert to the same specs as the original orange aluminum despite the wrong placement for the bezel lume pip.
    Well I bought this from eBay. The description says it's a direct fit for the 42mm not the 45.4. It does not specify whether it's for the 2500 or the 8500 but it should have the same dimensions correct?

Well I bought this from eBay. The description says it's a direct fit for the 42mm not the 45.4. It does not specify whether it's for the 2500 or the 8500 but it should have the same dimensions correct?

I doubt they have the same dimension Mate... Happy to be corrected thou😊

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mjoranga View Post
    I doubt they have the same dimension Mate... Happy to be corrected thou

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Well that's not good. I guess I'm out of luck because I cannot find any aftermarket bezel inserts made for the 8500. In fact, it seems like the never list which model it's for other than the size 42mm or 55mm. I'll let you guys know. If it doesn't fit, I'm still winning. I love my orange PO

mjoranga likes this.

Planet Ocean 2500 Appreciation Thread

Generally after markets will fit it just depends on the fit. Original omega bezel inserts are held by precise engineering and pressure fit only. Some after markets do not do the same and need a little glue which may screw you if you want to change back. If you want to swap 2500 with 8500 bezel inserts again some on here proved it is possible but that was OEM with OEM.

Also you have to apply a fair amount of pressure to remove from bezel ring and some have been known to buckle the insert so be careful.

Personally I would pay the cash and buy OEM bezel complete for 2500 and just swap bezels over making the swap back easier - but each to his own if you are willing to accept the risks.

Cheers

The name is Bond, Basildon Bond I have letters after my name
    mjoranga likes this.
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz44 View Post
    Generally after markets will fit it just depends on the fit. Original omega bezel inserts are held by precise engineering and pressure fit only. Some after markets do not do the same and need a little glue which may screw you if you want to change back. If you want to swap 2500 with 8500 bezel inserts again some on here proved it is possible but that was OEM with OEM.

Also you have to apply a fair amount of pressure to remove from bezel ring and some have been known to buckle the insert so be careful.

Personally I would pay the cash and buy OEM bezel complete for 2500 and just swap bezels over making the swap back easier - but each to his own if you are willing to accept the risks.

Cheers

The name is Bond, Basildon Bond I have letters after my name
    Wait what you mean it can "Buckle the insert"? I've been googling this topic since I bought the watch and haven't heard that before. If that's true, I think I'll skip on this entire project. I am taking it to a watch maker so if he breaks it he buys it unless he disclosed that he's not responsible for damages.

It would be nice to buy the omega beZel but it's very expensive. They didn't even want to sell it to me or even install it. With that price I can but a nice tag

Yes replacing the insert is very difficult. You aren't talking about replacing the bezel. He will need to peel that orange insert out and then fit a cheap knock off intended for a different watch.

If this one works out for you I'll eat my iPhone.

This isn't going to work. And certainly not going to be something you can swap back and forth when the mood strikes.

When most people talk about changing the bezel they buy a complete bezel assembly which is the only way Omega sells them.
    mjoranga likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GTTIME View Post
    Yes replacing the insert is very difficult. You aren't talking about replacing the bezel. He will need to peel that orange insert out and then fit a cheap knock off intended for a different watch.

If this one works out for you I'll eat my iPhone.

This isn't going to work. And certainly not going to be something you can swap back and forth when the mood strikes.

When most people talk about changing the bezel they buy a complete bezel assembly which is the only way Omega sells them.
    How sure are you about this? There are countless threads about people swapping out inserts and going back and fourth.

How sure are you about this? There are countless threads about people swapping out inserts and going back and fourth.

I am positive. These countless threads you speak of are people swapping the entire bezel assembly, not swapping the insert. They are also about swapping from the same watch not two different generations of POs.

Good luck I have been wrong before.

Bezel insert:

Bezel assembly:

There is a huge difference between the two and the method of swapping them.
    mjoranga likes this.

Page 23 of 95 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread Information