Planet Ocean 2500 Appreciation Thread - Page 24
Like Tree2094Likes

Thread: Planet Ocean 2500 Appreciation Thread

Page 24 of 97 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 74 ... LastLast

Planet Ocean 2500 Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GTTIME View Post
    Bezel insert:

Bezel assembly:

There is a huge difference between the two and the method of swapping them.
    Right I know but doesn't the insert simply pop right off the bezel like the submariner. I would Imagine omega makes some pretty high quality parts that won't crack when swapping back and fourth. The bezel assembly cost as much as $600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Planet Ocean 2500 Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Moswissa View Post
    Right I know but doesn't the insert simply pop right off the bezel like the submariner. I would Imagine omega makes some pretty high quality parts that won't crack when swapping back and fourth. The bezel assembly cost as much as $600

Omega doesn't sell the insert. That's a cheap knock off.

Like I said before the final call is yours all we are highlighting is what people generally do.

All my advice and it is purely that is born from experience and yes I have buckled a bezel insert and it was costly mistake. I was doing it DIY and only found out when I tried to refit and things did not align as they did before - wasn't huge but it was enough to make a difference. So just passing the on some friendly advice.

The swap you mention between variants brings added complications as highlighted especially if ceramic is involved. Reality is these watch parts are not designed to be popped on and off on a regular basis or they would be much easier to do trust me.

Either way it's your call it is after all your watch to do what you wish, we are just highlighting the potential risks.

Jump if you must, but if you do then do so with your eyes open.

Good luck

Cheers

The name is Bond, Basildon Bond I have letters after my name
    GTTIME likes this.
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Baz44 View Post
    Like I said before the final call is yours all we are highlighting is what people generally do.

All my advice and it is purely that is born from experience and yes I have buckled a bezel insert and it was costly mistake. I was doing it DIY and only found out when I tried to refit and things did not align as they did before - wasn't huge but it was enough to make a difference. So just passing the on some friendly advice.

The swap you mention between variants brings added complications as highlighted especially if ceramic is involved. Reality is these watch parts are not designed to be popped on and off on a regular basis or they would be much easier to do trust me.

Either way it's your call it is after all your watch to do what you wish, we are just highlighting the potential risks.

Jump if you must, but if you do then do so with your eyes open.

Good luck

Cheers

I really appreciate the advice. For now I'm 50/50 on it. Glad I stopped by here for advice. I don't wanna mess up my watch in any way even if it's a minor difference. I would regret it. I'm not going to do this myself. This all falls on the mercy of my watch maker so maybe I'll keep looking and find someone who has done it before but trust me it's rare

Planet Ocean 2500 Appreciation Thread

eBay is your friend bezels (complete) come up from time to time - that's where I got my 'replacement from and cheaper than Otto. Swapping the bezel complete is not perfect but it's the best way I would go - but that's me once bitten......

Cheers

Last edited by Baz44; September 11th, 2016 at 23:19.
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name.

It's not supposed to pop off, and when it does the lume pip can fall out. Mine popped out once when the bezel was removed by a watchmaker with the wrong tool, and using a press to put the insert back into the bezel resulted in cracked paint on the insert - he had to buy a new bezel.

PS: People swap inserts on the Rolex GMT II all the time, but the Omega insert isn't designed to be swapped like the Rolex ones.
    Last edited by DocJekl; September 12th, 2016 at 07:00.
    OMEGA * Grey Side of the Moon * Ti PO 8500 & 9300 * PO LM LE * X-33 Solar Impulse LE * Speedy Tuesday LE * SMPc Chrono * Speedmaster Pro 861, 3570.50+3572.50 * Ti SMP Chrono 2298.80 * SMP Bond * WatchCo SM300 * '62 Seamaster DeVille x2
    ROLEX *
    Pepsi GMT Master II Ceramic * Rolex SubC Hulk * Rolex SubC ND
    OTHER * Grand Seiko SBGX115 * Hamilton Harrison Ford Chrono * DOXA Poseidon LE * Bulova Moon x2 * Victorinox Dive Master 500 x3 * Luminox Atacama 1842 & 1923 + Colormark 3157 * Red Bull Formula 1 * Seiko Astron GPS * Seiko Prospex LE/PADI/SKX007/009/173 * Citizen Ti Perpetual Cal x2 +300M Diver x3 * DLC Apple Watch * Egard Passages * Casio ProTrek Solar x2 * Commander 300 * NTH Sub x2
    SOLD * Omega AT Skyfall, MC, 2503.33, Great White GMT & SMP Mid * Rolex Sub Hulk, 16800, TT Sub, Polar Exp x3, black Exp II, Yachmaster * GMT II Coke & BLNR * Nomos Midnight Orion stolen * Omega CK-2998LE * Silver Snoopy Award LE * POLMLE & 2201.51 * TAG Classic 2K * SMPc * GSOTM#2 * Speedy 3513.30

Quote Originally Posted by DocJekl View Post
    It's not supposed to pop off, and when it does the lume pip can fall out. Mine popped out once when the bezel was removed by a watchmaker with the wrong tool, and using a press to put the insert back into the bezel resulted in cracked paint on the insert - he had to buy a new bezel.

PS: People swap inserts on the Rolex GMT II all the time, but the Omega insert isn't designed to be swapped like the Rolex ones.
    Yeah I'm just not going to even bother with this idea anymore. Too much risk for a watch I really value. It's my first and only expensive watch so I guess I'll keep the orange.

Yeah I'm just not going to even bother with this idea anymore. Too much risk for a watch I really value. It's my first and only expensive watch so I guess I'll keep the orange.

Here is a photo of the cracked paint after putting the lume pip back in and pressing the insert back into the bezel, which torqued the insert and made the paint crack.
    Attached Images Attached Images

OMEGA * Grey Side of the Moon * Ti PO 8500 & 9300 * PO LM LE * X-33 Solar Impulse LE * Speedy Tuesday LE * SMPc Chrono * Speedmaster Pro 861, 3570.50+3572.50 * Ti SMP Chrono 2298.80 * SMP Bond * WatchCo SM300 * '62 Seamaster DeVille x2
    ROLEX *
    Pepsi GMT Master II Ceramic * Rolex SubC Hulk * Rolex SubC ND
    OTHER * Grand Seiko SBGX115 * Hamilton Harrison Ford Chrono * DOXA Poseidon LE * Bulova Moon x2 * Victorinox Dive Master 500 x3 * Luminox Atacama 1842 & 1923 + Colormark 3157 * Red Bull Formula 1 * Seiko Astron GPS * Seiko Prospex LE/PADI/SKX007/009/173 * Citizen Ti Perpetual Cal x2 +300M Diver x3 * DLC Apple Watch * Egard Passages * Casio ProTrek Solar x2 * Commander 300 * NTH Sub x2
    SOLD * Omega AT Skyfall, MC, 2503.33, Great White GMT & SMP Mid * Rolex Sub Hulk, 16800, TT Sub, Polar Exp x3, black Exp II, Yachmaster * GMT II Coke & BLNR * Nomos Midnight Orion stolen * Omega CK-2998LE * Silver Snoopy Award LE * POLMLE & 2201.51 * TAG Classic 2K * SMPc * GSOTM#2 * Speedy 3513.30

The perfect omega..my all time fav

Bracelet and Rubber The two faces of the PO.

mikekilo725 and Bigdaftboy like this.

Page 24 of 97 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread Information