Planet ocean bezel insert into an SMP?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Kinesis
  • 1 Post By keisuke_z
  • 1 Post By wongthian2

Thread: Planet ocean bezel insert into an SMP?

Hi all,

I have a 2264.50 coming in the mail, just wondering if it's possible to put a bezel insert from a 42mm planet ocean into the SMP bezel?

I've seen posts about putting the entire planet ocean bezel onto the SMP, but wondering if i can just do the insert.

Main reason being i don't want to spend on a genuine Omega bezel, then have to shell out for a planet ocean Crystal too because of the height difference.

Will there be any size issues? Is this something i can do myself? What should i watch out for?

Thanks in advance

I donít know how you would remove the original insert without first removing the bezel. Removing these bezels is not a process for the faint of heart. Make sure that you have proper tools to prevent damage. This is an aftermarket insert that I found on the bay, and installed in 2221.80. Donít be shocked by lack of support for modifying on this forum. Remember that itís just a watch, your watch. There are 1000ís of them, do what you want to it, plus itís quartz...nobody gives a tick about quartz. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kinesis; 1 Week Ago at 21:21.
    wongthian2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinesis View Post

I don’t know how you would remove the original insert without first removing the bezel. Removing these bezels is not a process for the faint of heart. Make sure that you have proper tools to prevent damage. This is an aftermarket insert that I found on the bay, and installed in 2221.80. Don’t be shocked by lack of support for modifying on this forum. Remember that it’s just a watch, your watch. There are 1000’s of them, do what you want to it, plus it’s quartz...nobody gives a tick about quartz. Good luck.

How did you get the bezel off and get the insert out?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Omega sells a bezel removal tool that costs about as much as the watch that you have inbound, or you can buy this from eslinger for $20.
    Iím not an expert and cannot endorse this but Iíve modified many when I became interested in watches. Watch some YouTube videos. There are some specific to what you are contemplating. See pic of bezel insert. There are tabs intermediate on the insert that require care and attention during removal from bezel.

That was very helpful thank you so much

Re: Planet ocean bezel insert into an SMP?

For anyone reading this in the future, I bought a genuine Planet Ocean 42mm full bezel assembly in orange for my 2264.50.
    The full bezel assembly is directly swappable, and the PO insert will fit inside the SMP ring, but the SMP insert will not fit into the PO ring.
    I measured them both and the SMP insert is bigger by .05mm, give or take a few.

Now to find an aftermarket black PO insert that doesn't have a hideous bump for a lume pip @ 12...

I came across photos of this 2254 from and old sale listing and I have to say, I quite like the PO insert on the SMP bezel!

Last edited by keisuke_z; 1 Day Ago at 09:59.
    wongthian2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by keisuke_z View Post
    I came across photos of this 2254 from and old sale listing and I have to say, I quite like the PO insert on the SMP bezel!

I agree, that looks great!
    Ω Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Calendar Q1558420

Love that mod! I have the quartz version too and would love to mod it like yours :)
    Kinesis likes this.

Thread Information