Play in SMPC bezel

Thread: Play in SMPC bezel

Play in SMPC bezel

Hey guys and gals, I wanted to ask a question I've seen on here a few times, but in a new way. I'm the new proud owner of an SMPC, and the bezel does have some play in it. Comparing it to my Steinharts, there's definitely more than I'm used to. So to all you other SMPC owners out there, is there anyone who's bezel doesn't have any play? If it does, at what point would you consider it significant enough to really get it looked at? Mine ratchets, hits all the markers just fine, just moves left, right, up and down more than I'm used to. Thanks for your input!

Re: Play in SMPC bezel

The SMPc has some of the worst bezel action of any watch. Not even talking about the weird scalloped hard to grip edges, the movement of the bezel itself. Iíve owned two Smpcís and both of them were disappointing. I had the click spring in one of them replaced for $50 and it fixed most of the play but it still kinda sucks. I think itís just the way the watch is designed.

The poor bezel action is offset by the rest of the watch being absolutely perfect in every way so ya canít win em all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twentytwomonk View Post
    Hey guys and gals, I wanted to ask a question I've seen on here a few times, but in a new way. I'm the new proud owner of an SMPC, and the bezel does have some play in it. Comparing it to my Steinharts, there's definitely more than I'm used to. So to all you other SMPC owners out there, is there anyone who's bezel doesn't have any play? If it does, at what point would you consider it significant enough to really get it looked at? Mine ratchets, hits all the markers just fine, just moves left, right, up and down more than I'm used to. Thanks for your input!
    Quote Originally Posted by rdranade View Post
    The SMPc has some of the worst bezel action of any watch. Not even talking about the weird scalloped hard to grip edges, the movement of the bezel itself. I’ve owned two Smpc’s and both of them were disappointing. I had the click spring in one of them replaced for $50 and it fixed most of the play but it still kinda sucks. I think it’s just the way the watch is designed.

The poor bezel action is offset by the rest of the watch being absolutely perfect in every way so ya can’t win em all!!!
    I agree compare that SMP'c to any Steinhart and it will be night and day difference.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's so sad to hear. The bezel on my Ocean One 39 ceramic is exactly what I'd expect a high end bezel to feel like. No play, and the feel is nothing short of amazing. For something that costs 6 times the price to fall that short is pretty disappointing.

The bezel action on mine was pretty great, so it might just be luck of the draw. It wasn't as firm a click as I have on my Doxa (the best bezel action I've ever experienced), but there wasn't any play to speak of. I believe mine was a 2017 model (I've since sold it). Maybe certain production runs were better than others. I owned an OVM a few years ago, but I do remember the build quality of that watch was superb for being a $400 watch. I'd say the bezel action of the two was comparable in my personal experience.
    "10:08:37"

Interesting. I got mine from Crown and Caliber this week, so I haven't had a chance to ask them about getting it looked at under warranty, but I'll be near a Boutique this weekend, so I may stop in and have someone look at it and see if it's comparable to a new one. I don't really have the point of reference, as this is the first one I've ever had my hands on.

No play in mine at all. If it bothers you that much, I would have it looked at. Otherwise enjoy it! You picked up a great watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! She does make me ridiculously happy. This is my first luxury piece, and I dont think I could've chosen better!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

My SMPc doesn't have any bezel play at all. The action is very solid feeling and satisfying, scalloped edge aside of course.

Thread Information