Please help, sell or not? - Page 2
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Please help, sell or not?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Please help, sell or not?

Well guys after reading your opinions now I also starting to think that swapping is not that good idea after all.
    Also I figure out that I like look of the "old" AT and movement of "new" AT.
    But in the end I think that probably I will have to pay (after selling old AT) around 2000€ - 2500€ which is probably not worth for upgrading my AT with 8500b to 8900.
    Movement in my watch is behaving OK, loosing some time on wrist but gaining while rest so in total it is like -0,3s/d to +0,5s/d depending on how much I wear it...
    fskywalker likes this.
    One and only: Aqua Terra 8900

Quote Originally Posted by OBB1044 View Post
    Well guys after reading your opinions now I also starting to think that swapping is not that good idea after all.
    Also I figure out that I like look of the "old" AT and movement of "new" AT.
    But in the end I think that probably I will have to pay (after selling old AT) around 2000€ - 2500€ which is probably not worth for upgrading my AT with 8500b to 8900.
    Movement in my watch is behaving OK, loosing some time on wrist but gaining while rest so in total it is like -0,3s/d to +0,5s/d depending on how much I wear it...
    Yes, not sure was it discussed here or on omegaforums.net, but resistance for magnetization is the biggest technical difference between 8500 and 8900 series (excluding 8500G)

And it is highly unlikely you will ever need in real life the "antimagnetic standards" as gived with Metas tests.

For me 8500 date frame AT is a complete, balanced watch. A shape, thickness and overall look is great. 8900 AT is all ok, but this is "Just OK watch".
    I wouldn't be suprised if 8500 date frame became a future classic for AT models.

I’ll join the group saying that unless you’re just ready to move on from your current watch, there are ZERO meaningful functional upgrades vs the 8900 model. There’s plenty of room to discuss the aesthetics of the date-frame, vertical vs. horizontal teak, etc, and if you just love the new model and are ready to be done owning your current watch, by all means proceed.

But if you’re trying to justify it with the idea that the newer movement will change your ownership experience in some way, my vote is ‘no’, the 8500 is a great movement, the 8900 is a great movement, but nothing worth upgrading for.
    OBB1044 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yup... Keep it. But I do love the the chrono.

This thread needs some photos. This is my AT Skyfall 8500 with framed date window which achieves a well balanced dial design that I and other guys prefer.

This piece was originally purchased in 2013 and then flipped by the original owner for something new. That guy, regretting his decision, contacted me a while back and wanted to buy it back. I told if I ever did want to sell that I’d let him know. Truth is I have no plans to flip it. And the 8500 movement continues to run great at a consistent +1.5 to 2.0 per day
    OBB1044 and Occipital Lobe like this.
    We may be lost but we're making good time.

Given your thinking about selling it... chances are you like the watch but fallen out of love for it. If you know you'll love the new one more than the money you'll loose, go for it. If you love your current one but thinking about upgrading only due to the movement, keep it.

Well one thing I can say for sure is "I hate Google" :)
    You might ask why? Well as I searched for Aqua Terra in past few days, now Google bombards me with ads of it on every page I visit And because of that every hour I change my mind from "will not change" to "will change"

I am aware that only me can decide what will I do but I wanted to see what other think on this topic. And as I see we all agree that it is not rational to do change but what is rational in this our watch related love? 99% of my friends and family can't understand that but I also can't understand for example my wife who buy sneakers that costs 250€ as I don't care for that at all. As they need watch to know what time is it same way I need shoes to have worm and dry feet and don't care about anything else.

I guess that in the end if I easily sell my current watch I would probably go and buy AT with 8900 in it. What do you think that used Aqua Terra from 2012, is worth now? I checked at chorno24 and its suggested price is 3000+€ which I think is too much for private seller. I would be happy with 2.300 - 2.500€ but is it realistic too? Watch is in perfect working condition, has some usage marks but nothing big. All of those will be corrected at first service.
    Are here maybe anyone here interested in buying my Aqua Terra? (I live in Bosnia but also in Croatia which is EU). You can also track it on this forum from day I got it till now.

P.S.
    I also sell one Tissot Ballade COSC (I have no idea why I bought this watch this summer?? I just one day woke up on the beach and and ordered it ). If I manage to sell both of those watches then I will probably be short some 1000€ which is not too much hit for my wallet. I sell this Tissot no matter if will I change Aqua Terra or not.

For that last post, it certainly seems like your not fully in love with the watch anymore. I say sell it and buy what makes you happy.

Have you also considered trying a different model Omega?

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    For that last post, it certainly seems like your not fully in love with the watch anymore. I say sell it and buy what makes you happy.

Have you also considered trying a different model Omega?
    Well, I did consider other models but only Aqua Terra is 100% what I want from watch. (I don't like divers, Railmaster lacks date, DeVille is too formal and I had Moonwatch as my first Omega but I sold it as I bought it because of that "moon watch" hype which did nothing for me when I got one...).

And I would not say that I am not in love with my current watch, but it is just that I got this idea which sometimes sound as good idea and some times as not that good :))
    fskywalker likes this.

Go get your new AT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information