PO Seamaster Clasp faulty or not?

Thread: PO Seamaster Clasp faulty or not?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PO Seamaster Clasp faulty or not?

If I pull my PO clasp away from my wrist at the end without the Omega symbol it pops open no matter how the divers extension is clipped in! I am aware that you need to tuck the divers clip in to the buckle first at one end but this makes no difference, is this faulty our is it just a Characteristic of the buckle?

Re: PO Seamaster Clasp faulty or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim186 View Post
    If I pull my PO clasp away from my wrist at the end without the Omega symbol it pops open no matter how the divers extension is clipped in! I am aware that you need to tuck the divers clip in to the buckle first at one end but this makes no difference, is this faulty our is it just a Characteristic of the buckle?
    Sounds faulty to me. How hard are you pulling?

AAP

Not faulty.

You are pulling on the diver extension end of the clasp, and that is held closed by friction. If you weren't wearing the watch, that is the same movement you'd make to deploy the extension. You are consciously pulling that side of the clasp open, correct? If so, then you don't have anything to worry about. The clasp is fine. Even if that side of the clasp separates while you are wearing it, the rest of the clasp will stay secured, which will not allow the extension to be, well, extended. I would only be worried if that side of the clasp was working itself loose on its own, without you pulling on it.
    Alex

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.' Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me." - Elwood P. Dowd (Harvey - 1950)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AAP View Post
    Not faulty.

You are pulling on the diver extension end of the clasp, and that is held closed by friction. If you weren't wearing the watch, that is the same movement you'd make to deploy the extension. You are consciously pulling that side of the clasp open, correct? If so, then you don't have anything to worry about. The clasp is fine. Even if that side of the clasp separates while you are wearing it, the rest of the clasp will stay secured, which will not allow the extension to be, well, extended. I would only be worried if that side of the clasp was working itself loose on its own, without you pulling on it.
    How could it open if you pull it away from your wrist? I don't follow.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSCODE View Post
    I can unlock mine by repeating the action described above, ie pulling the extension side of the clasp away from my wrist. Don't think it will open all the way but it will unlock. Maybe if I wore the bracelet looser it would be able to open.
    Stay on time like Ωmegas

AAP

Quote Originally Posted by GTSCODE View Post
    Deploying the dive extension normally (when the watch is not on your wrist) is a two part process, right? Step One, you pull the clasp end away from the bracelet end link. Step Two, you unfold the diver extension. You can then put on the watch normally with the extension deployed.

Well, if you are already wearing the watch, you can still perform Step One by pulling on that end of the clasp, but you can't perform Step Two because the regular deployant is still in the way of the dive extension, so it can't unfold out of the clasp body.

The OP is not saying that he can deploy the extension while wearing the watch, just that he can get one side of the clasp loose. And he's right. But the dive extension itself won't come out unless the rest of the clasp is undone.
    Last edited by AAP; November 4th, 2009 at 06:44.
    Alex

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.' Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me." - Elwood P. Dowd (Harvey - 1950)

Thanks guys now I follow but neither of my POs do this. I would have to really pull hard. Not sure how hard because I haven't pulled hard enough yet. I have always found the extension hard to pull open which I like.

Thanks for the input guys, you are correct in what you say it does pop up but you canít deploy the divers extension and you can also push it back down too while on the wrist. I was worried because I donít seem to have to pull that hard and it pops up. I must admit I never noticed it before, maybe itís just that itís loosening up over time?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim186 View Post
    Thanks for the input guys, you are correct in what you say it does pop up but you canít deploy the divers extension and you can also push it back down too while on the wrist. I was worried because I donít seem to have to pull that hard and it pops up. I must admit I never noticed it before, maybe itís just that itís loosening up over time?
    I'm afraid what you have is a faulty clasp. I just bought PO 45.5 black bezel with orange numerals (2200.5100?) three weeks ago, with an exchanged clasp (actually the locking mechanism only that is hidden) from a blue seamaster chrono!

I tried all the PO's available in the AD, BUT ALL THE LOCKS SEEMED FAULTY. But being desperate to going home that night with a PO on my wrist, I asked the AD if they could exchange the locks of the PO and the SM Chrono. I'm lucky they did.

Maybe there are a lot of faulty clasps then and because there are so many people think its normal? How many did you try that were faulty and were the ones you tried new or used?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information