PO serial number on cert vs case
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By v1triol
  • 2 Post By Sublimize23

Thread: PO serial number on cert vs case

PO serial number on cert vs case

So I purchased a 2nd hand omega PO from eBay. It came with papers from a recent service at the omega boutique in westchester NY, June of 2018.

There is a number (7 digits) on the service certificate and receipt that match, and match the owners name, location, paypal name, etc but they don’t match the serial number on the case of the watch, near the lug. Is there a separate one inside the case? Does this raise red flags? I can’t get to AD until this weekend. Should I be in full blown panic?

Re: PO serial number on cert vs case

The serial number on the case (lug) should match to the serial number of the movement, and eventually - to the serial on omega plastic cards.
    Ask the seller has he gave you the correct papers from the service, if he says 'yes' - this is a red flag.
    GTTIME likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by v1triol View Post
    The serial number on the case (lug) should match to the serial number of the movement, and eventually - to the serial on omega plastic cards.
    Ask the seller has he gave you the correct papers from the service, if he says 'yes' - this is a red flag.
    The card I’m speaking of is the one from the service, where it lists the watchmaker, timekeeping, date, waterproofing test pass, etc. it doesn’t include the plastic cards.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sublimize23 View Post
    The card I’m speaking of is the one from the service, where it lists the watchmaker, timekeeping, date, waterproofing test pass, etc. it doesn’t include the plastic cards.
    I know what you mean. If omega serviced the watch, I would expect them to mention watch serial number somewhere on the paperwork.
    PO is rather modern watch, the serial will be 70mil, 80mil or 90mil but it will be in tens of the million, 8 digits.
    Serial is on the left bottom lug.

Quote Originally Posted by v1triol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublimize23 View Post
    I know what you mean. If omega serviced the watch, I would expect them to mention watch serial number somewhere on the paperwork.
    PO is rather modern watch, the serial will be 70mil, 80mil or 90mil but it will be in tens of the million, 8 digits.
    Serial is on the left bottom lug.
    Agree. The serial number on the watch begins with an 8, and doesn’t match any replica forums. I was involved in reps for a long time, nearly all of them have the same serial number per one model

Ok. Omega would not service a fake watch, I do not know how to explain that a serial was not mentioned in their service certificate.
    AD or OB can check the serial for you, just to be 100% confident.
    Papers aside, does the watch concern you anyhow?

I called the boutique listed on the receipt today. They confirmed to me that it was genuine, and the number on the card is a “service number” associated with this serial number. It’s used to track the watch from that particular store to the service center, where they confirmed it did receive service on the date the papers say. Also found out I have a warranty for another year!
    NMGE17 and v1triol like this.

A nice happy ending. Congrats on the new watch.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Thread Information