PO8500 trade down/up to Tudor BB58?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: PO8500 trade down/up to Tudor BB58?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hey all, Iíve had my PO8500 for a few years now, but itís so thick and heavy that Iíve rarely found myself wearing it as an everyday and business casual type watch. I have a Flieger for that now.

The Tudor Black Bay 58 recently caught my eye and Iím wondering if any of you would consider this to be a step down/up from the PO?

Re: PO8500 trade down/up to Tudor BB58?

It's a step down, but you should go with what makes sense for you. Sounds like the size of the 58 would work better for you.

I think it is two steps down......
    WiZARD7 likes this.
    Αεί ο Θεός ο Μέγας γεωμετρεί, το κύκλου μήκος ίνα ορίση διαμέτρω, παρήγαγεν αριθμόν απέραντον, καί όν, φεύ, ουδέποτε όλον θνητοί θα εύρωσι

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Step down, but if BB58 speaks to you - do it.
    thx67 likes this.

I also consider a BB a step down but if you are not wearing your PO itíll be a step up for you, and on the plus side your PO will hopefully see daylight on someone elseís wrist. Win - Win.

Thats a tough one. The PO is a great watch but im with you on your thoughts about it. I got rid of mine as I was wearing it less and less due to the heft and I started to dislike the bracelet. I did miss it but I just knew I wasn't going to wear it very much so it was moved on for something I was going to enjoy and wear more often. So, its served you well, you enjoyed it for a time but on to something new. A few folks here saying its a step down from the PO. Im not so sure. Its an in house movement, 70 hour power reserve, cosc certified. If you dig around on the Rolex/tudor forum you'll see the accuracy reports on these movements. It is a completely different watch from the PO though and its more of a desk diver and has a retro vibe to it. Its a great GADA watch though as you can leave it on your wrist for every occasion ie work with a shirt, evenings out with a little sparkle from the gold to smarten it up and trips to the beach. Personally im not sure the dimensions work on this watch and its maybe a bit too small but thats just me. Definitely try it on before buying. Take a look at the other BB options too as they are sized in between the 58 and your PO. Best of luck with your next watch. Keep us updated.
    teeritz likes this.

I briefly owned both the Black Bay 58 and the 42mm Planet Ocean Ti 8500. I eventually sold the Planet Ocean because it just wasn't getting the wrist time over the 58. Even though I had the Ti which is much lighter, it still couldn't compare to the perfect size of the 58 and how it feels on the wrist.

Besides the ceramic vs aluminum bezel, I'm not sure how the 58 would be considered a step down. Movements and level of finishing are both very comparable. If you prefer the size of the 58 then I would say go for it.
    Instagram: @watchonmywrist

I have the PO8500 45.5. At first I loved it on bracelet but then I started to feel the weight. I was going to flip it once I owned my GSsbga231. But rather, I installed in on the OEM rubber with deployant and it changed the dynamics of the watch. Now it sits firmly on the wrist and the weight is down in the 150gram range. It gets a lot of wrist time now.

I'd think the BB is a step-down.

You should ďtrade upĒ to a PO39.5. I too briefly owned the 42mm PO and got rid of it for the same reasons. The PO39.5 addressed most of the issues I had, the height is significantly reduced, the 39.5mm diameter is perfect, the lugs are short so accommodating to a wide array or wrists, and most of all it weighs less...still heavy but not obnoxious.

Big Omega fan but had to sell my PO for the same reason. My Speedmaster is one of my all time favorites though.

I have a BB58, BBGMT and a Pelagos now. All three are insanely accurate. Love my BB58 but I go through phases were I don’t wear it for a bit because sometimes I feel it wears too small. It is the perfect size really but after wearing my other slightly larger watches, it takes a short time to adjust to the smaller size of the BB58. Once you do, you realize how perfect the proportions of this watch are.

Hands down it is an amazing watch. I tried the 39.5 PO, thought I would love it but the height just does not feel right. It is way too tall considering the diameter. The 19mm lugs are also too short, IMO.

Tudor is killing it right now, time to jump on the bandwagon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information