Poor Omega quality... - Page 2
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Poor Omega quality...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: Poor Omega quality...

I admire you standing for your rights, and you do have good basis.

I agree with the fellow member, go straight to Omega. This is definitely a major QC issue that they should address seriously.

Poor Omega quality...

Quote Originally Posted by edhchoe View Post
    Both cases are terrible!
    Neither of your watches should have these issues.
    Both issues are very hard to incur on your own even after years of ownership.
    If they were cars, these damages are analogous to an inch long cut on the dashboard, which would never happen even after 5 years of ownership.
    A scratch on the clasp would be analogous to paint rock chips on the bumper, which would eventually happen with your normal use.
    I donít think either situation is particularly terrible. Stuff happens. Both can be fixed.

After 5 years of use if those marks on my sub are the worst than I would consider myself lucky. If they bother me enough Iíll have them fixed and no one would be the wiser. Spotting a refinished case isnít as easy as people think especially if itís done by professionals.

Omega will probably offer to refinish the OPs case and perhaps fix the bracelet. OP, you wouldnít even be able to tell itís refinished and neither would a potential buyer. Only way someone would be able to tell is the watch would be in too perfect of a condition after a year or more of ownership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    edhchoe and rfortson like this.

I am OCD about many a thing, so I can commiserate with you. I would definitely complain to the AD with regard to the damage to the case caused by the end link.

However, I feel there is a very slippery slope here when it comes to scrutinizing the smallest of details on dials/hands, etc.

Let me qualify that remark by simply saying, "Hey, you paid (a lot of) good money for the watch, you want it to be absolutely perfect." And I cannot disagree with that sentiment. But, at the same time, with any item that is handmade, imperfections are inevitable. That is the nature of something that is handmade. And when you begin to scrutinize the hardest (i.e. under intense magnification beyond what the unaided eye can see), you'll only find more and more imperfections to the point it will bother you. As the old adage goes, "Once seen, it cannot be unseen."

Hopefully the AD will provide a satisfactory solution for you.
    Ard and HiggsBoson like this.

Current:
    - Omega Speedmaster "FOIS" 311.32.40.30.01.001 #89XX

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ard

I like what Bushyfor3 said and will go a bit farther. The scrape behind the end link is not a good thing but I'd just ask for it to be smoothed off and a new bracelet or at least end links. I wear a watch that cost 2500.00 and will never look at it under a 10X lope, that would be uncalled for. It looks normal to me and I don't care about some micro imperfection. Get them to fix the end link issue but be nice about how you ask to have things done.
    rfortson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buschyfor3 View Post
    I am OCD about many a thing, so I can commiserate with you. I would definitely complain to the AD with regard to the damage to the case caused by the end link.

However, I feel there is a very slippery slope here when it comes to scrutinizing the smallest of details on dials/hands, etc.

Let me qualify that remark by simply saying, "Hey, you paid (a lot of) good money for the watch, you want it to be absolutely perfect." And I cannot disagree with that sentiment. But, at the same time, with any item that is handmade, imperfections are inevitable. That is the nature of something that is handmade. And when you begin to scrutinize the hardest (i.e. under intense magnification beyond what the unaided eye can see), you'll only find more and more imperfections to the point it will bother you. As the old adage goes, "Once seen, it cannot be unseen."

Hopefully the AD will provide a satisfactory solution for you.
    Good point, except that these watches arenít handmade. Weíre not talking Patek or L & S here. I very much doubt that human hands come into contact with the piece until itís fully assembled.
    Strapsgalore likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsky View Post
    Good point, except that these watches aren’t handmade. We’re not talking Patek or L & S here. I very much doubt that human hands come into contact with the piece until it’s fully assembled.
    The watches are assembled by hand. Maybe that doesn't qualify as "handmade" in the sense of a Patek, ALS or a haute horology manufacture, but the fact remains that when human hands are involved, minute imperfections will follow. That was my point.

Current:
    - Omega Speedmaster "FOIS" 311.32.40.30.01.001 #89XX

Quote Originally Posted by Buschyfor3 View Post
    The watches are assembled by hand. Maybe that doesn't qualify as "handmade" in the sense of a Patek, ALS or a haute horology manufacture, but the fact remains that when human hands are involved, minute imperfections will follow.
    Well, and that's what quality control is supposed to be for. Which seems to have failed in these two cases.

Not worth paying a prenium from AD, brick and mortar shop.

I rather buy online or pre owned but with steep discount from a reputable seller. Usually I will be mentally prepare for some light problem. But given I have save a big chunk of money. Its worth the trade off.
    shapz likes this.
    " A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

From a QA standpoint, if that bracelet was in the state shown, with the offending endlink component either fixed and protruding as shown or loose and transitioning in and out of the position it is shown in, it never should have made it through an in-process inspection of the link (if such an inspection exists in the manufacturing process) or the final inspection of the assembled bracelet at the facility where the bracelets are manufactured. At my company, we have crazy traceability on our processes, and that noncomformance, if reported, would be traced all the way back to the original lot of components or bracelets and a CAPA (corrective and preventative action) would be initiated to ensure this did not happen again. Just an experienced quality professional's 2Ę on how quality assurance should work.
    Last edited by qa_ii; December 30th, 2018 at 08:26. Reason: Just fixing grammar.

IMHO, I think you should push for it. It should be covered by warranties under hidden defects. Additionaly, this a luxury item/goods.
    Triton9 likes this.
    "Meliora Eligo."

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information