Poor Omega quality... - Page 7
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Poor Omega quality...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: Poor Omega quality...

Quote Originally Posted by Strapsgalore View Post
    Looks like Omega service forgot to replace the sub seconds hand, and now the tachymeter bezel is off by one tick.

Bad QA and service now...
    Pics?
    GTTIME likes this.

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial • Stowa Antea KS • Seiko SKX007

I have a post at omegaforums about some of the service center quality. Not horrible but a little sloppy and not transparent at all. Definitely not at the level of my expectation. Especially not after 90 days.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/serv...-direct.90574/
    hugof3C likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by blulegend View Post
    I have a post at omegaforums about some of the service center quality. Not horrible but a little sloppy and not transparent at all. Definitely not at the level of my expectation. Especially not after 90 days.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/serv...-direct.90574/
    Blulegend, I read most of that thread and now I'm scared to send my watch back to them. I don't mind the dust, but scratches on the case will push me over the edge.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The nightmare continues. It appears they polished my bracelet, which never need polishing. And the watchmaker also scratched one link while attempting to remove the bad end links. The screw driver must have slipped. To make matters worse, they only polished half the bracelet. This leads me to suspect they also scratched up the other links, so they tried to cover it up by polishing. I can tell because the edges of the links are smoothed out versus the other half. This is outrageous.
    Triton9 and hugof3C like this.

This is outrageous.
    Not to make light of your troubles, but I was immediately reminded of this...

mumblypeg and sailon01 like this.

The nightmare continues. It appears they polished my bracelet, which never need polishing. And the watchmaker also scratched one link while attempting to remove the bad end links. The screw driver must have slipped. To make matters worse, they only polished half the bracelet. This leads me to suspect they also scratched up the other links, so they tried to cover it up by polishing. I can tell because the edges of the links are smoothed out versus the other half. This is outrageous.
    Oh Omega. Their watchmaker looks like some amateur with 3 months working experience only....

Post some photo. We all help you to spread your ordeal like wildfire.

Omega will never be Rolex given the kind of amateur servicing they give.
    hugof3C likes this.
    " A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

Even if you buy new from an AD - no matter the brand, if you buy a watch that has been displayed in the case you don't know what's happened to that watch between the time it was unpacked, and the time you see it. If you want truly new, then order it and specify them not to unwrap it until you're in their presence. That's how I took posession of my 2017 Rolex Sea Dweller 50th anniversary Mark I. I did not want anyone else messing with it, and if that's the way you are, then follow my lead. I hope everything comes out OK on your Omega. If you cannot wait for a watch, then take a magnifying loop with you to fully look it over before giving them your money. Best of luck man.
    RedarT likes this.

This has just proven that omega still has a very long way to become a super premium watch brand.
    Triton9 likes this.

En cas d'absence, je ne suis pas là. Si vous n'êtes pas là non plus, il n'y a personne.

Quote Originally Posted by TKiteCD View Post
    Even if you buy new from an AD - no matter the brand, if you buy a watch that has been displayed in the case you don't know what's happened to that watch between the time it was unpacked, and the time you see it. If you want truly new, then order it and specify them not to unwrap it until you're in their presence. That's how I took posession of my 2017 Rolex Sea Dweller 50th anniversary Mark I. I did not want anyone else messing with it, and if that's the way you are, then follow my lead. I hope everything comes out OK on your Omega. If you cannot wait for a watch, then take a magnifying loop with you to fully look it over before giving them your money. Best of luck man.
    I tried that, removed the plastic myself at the AD from my PO, there were three thumb-long lines below the bezel at the back, probably from the bezel tightening tool slipping.
    but don't mind me, every time I mention omega's devil may care QC and aftersales, nobody seems to care either, so..

I just dropped off the watch to the AD in disgust today.
    Disgust? Really? Accidents happen to every brand. One service tech making a bad decision or doing a rush job can really put a damper on things. Good news is Omega has a history of making it right and I hope they take good care of you.
    BufordTJustice likes this.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information