Poor Omega quality... - Page 7
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Poor Omega quality...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 79
  1. #61
    Member 3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    798

    Re: Poor Omega quality...

    Quote Originally Posted by Strapsgalore View Post
    Looks like Omega service forgot to replace the sub seconds hand, and now the tachymeter bezel is off by one tick.

    Bad QA and service now...
    Pics?
    GTTIME likes this.

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial • Stowa Antea KS • Seiko SKX007

  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    22
    I have a post at omegaforums about some of the service center quality. Not horrible but a little sloppy and not transparent at all. Definitely not at the level of my expectation. Especially not after 90 days.

    https://omegaforums.net/threads/serv...-direct.90574/
    hugof3C likes this.

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    45

    Re: Poor Omega quality...

    Quote Originally Posted by blulegend View Post
    I have a post at omegaforums about some of the service center quality. Not horrible but a little sloppy and not transparent at all. Definitely not at the level of my expectation. Especially not after 90 days.

    https://omegaforums.net/threads/serv...-direct.90574/
    Blulegend, I read most of that thread and now I'm scared to send my watch back to them. I don't mind the dust, but scratches on the case will push me over the edge.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    45

    Re: Poor Omega quality...

    The nightmare continues. It appears they polished my bracelet, which never need polishing. And the watchmaker also scratched one link while attempting to remove the bad end links. The screw driver must have slipped. To make matters worse, they only polished half the bracelet. This leads me to suspect they also scratched up the other links, so they tried to cover it up by polishing. I can tell because the edges of the links are smoothed out versus the other half. This is outrageous.
    Triton9 and hugof3C like this.

  6. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,747

    Re: Poor Omega quality...

    Quote Originally Posted by Strapsgalore View Post
    This is outrageous.
    Not to make light of your troubles, but I was immediately reminded of this...

    mumblypeg and sailon01 like this.

  7. #66
    Member Triton9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,277

    Re: Poor Omega quality...

    Quote Originally Posted by Strapsgalore View Post
    The nightmare continues. It appears they polished my bracelet, which never need polishing. And the watchmaker also scratched one link while attempting to remove the bad end links. The screw driver must have slipped. To make matters worse, they only polished half the bracelet. This leads me to suspect they also scratched up the other links, so they tried to cover it up by polishing. I can tell because the edges of the links are smoothed out versus the other half. This is outrageous.
    Oh Omega. Their watchmaker looks like some amateur with 3 months working experience only....

    Post some photo. We all help you to spread your ordeal like wildfire.

    Omega will never be Rolex given the kind of amateur servicing they give.
    hugof3C likes this.
    " A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

  8. #67
    Member TKiteCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    549

    Re: Poor Omega quality...

    Even if you buy new from an AD - no matter the brand, if you buy a watch that has been displayed in the case you don't know what's happened to that watch between the time it was unpacked, and the time you see it. If you want truly new, then order it and specify them not to unwrap it until you're in their presence. That's how I took posession of my 2017 Rolex Sea Dweller 50th anniversary Mark I. I did not want anyone else messing with it, and if that's the way you are, then follow my lead. I hope everything comes out OK on your Omega. If you cannot wait for a watch, then take a magnifying loop with you to fully look it over before giving them your money. Best of luck man.
    RedarT likes this.

  9. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    931

    Re: Poor Omega quality...

    This has just proven that omega still has a very long way to become a super premium watch brand.
    Triton9 likes this.

  10. #69
    Member hugof3C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    En cas d'absence, je ne suis pas là. Si vous n'êtes pas là non plus, il n'y a personne.
    Posts
    1,220

    Re: Poor Omega quality...

    Quote Originally Posted by TKiteCD View Post
    Even if you buy new from an AD - no matter the brand, if you buy a watch that has been displayed in the case you don't know what's happened to that watch between the time it was unpacked, and the time you see it. If you want truly new, then order it and specify them not to unwrap it until you're in their presence. That's how I took posession of my 2017 Rolex Sea Dweller 50th anniversary Mark I. I did not want anyone else messing with it, and if that's the way you are, then follow my lead. I hope everything comes out OK on your Omega. If you cannot wait for a watch, then take a magnifying loop with you to fully look it over before giving them your money. Best of luck man.
    I tried that, removed the plastic myself at the AD from my PO, there were three thumb-long lines below the bezel at the back, probably from the bezel tightening tool slipping.
    but don't mind me, every time I mention omega's devil may care QC and aftersales, nobody seems to care either, so..

  11. #70
    Member Perseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    13,339

    Re: Poor Omega quality...

    Quote Originally Posted by Strapsgalore View Post
    I just dropped off the watch to the AD in disgust today.
    Disgust? Really? Accidents happen to every brand. One service tech making a bad decision or doing a rush job can really put a damper on things. Good news is Omega has a history of making it right and I hope they take good care of you.
    BufordTJustice likes this.


Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 2
      Last Post: April 14th, 2012, 08:13
    2. Omega quality or lack there of
      By Toot in forum Omega
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: September 11th, 2008, 05:30
    3. Replies: 22
      Last Post: August 22nd, 2008, 14:59
    4. Omega Quality Issues
      By toga in forum Omega
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: May 17th, 2008, 17:58
    5. Question about Omega quality
      By toowork in forum Omega
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: December 21st, 2006, 04:46

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •