Poor Omega quality... - Page 8
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Poor Omega quality...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Re: Poor Omega quality...

ong thread on OF which I started. For most mid-tier luxury brands (Omega, Rolex, etc), inspection distance is 30cm (about a foot away), no magnification, 5500K lighting. If a flaw can't be seen from that distance, its acceptable for a new watch.

Nothing is perfect if you use a high enough magnification.
    I wish my AD would look from 30cm distance when you return your watch the next day. They get a loupe out and only a small damage and you can't return it. Next time, I buy a watch from them I am getting my loupe out too to ensure it's not scratched. I mean they let people try on the watches... How can they to be sure I caused degradation within 24 hours?
    Current collection
    Rolex GMT II LN
    Jaeger LeCoultre Master Calendar
    Zenith El Primero Skeleton
    Tudor Black Bary Bronze
    Omega Seamaster 300M (2018)
    Meistersinger Pangea
    Oris Big Pointer Date
    Hamilton Khaki
    Orient Bambino 4

Omega is a listed company, all they care is to squeeze as much as possible from everything to make profit to answer to shareholder.

Horology and satisfy customer are second.
    Firecrow911 likes this.
    " A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

Quote Originally Posted by Triton9 View Post
    Oh Omega. Their watchmaker looks like some amateur with 3 months working experience only....

Post some photo. We all help you to spread your ordeal like wildfire.

Omega will never be Rolex given the kind of amateur servicing they give.
    Name:  bezel-20x.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  400.0 KBName:  polished_30x.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  312.5 KBName:  scratch_link_20x.jpg
Size:  388.1 KB
    Firecrow911 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's clearly sub par work. I would push for a reasonable resolution.
    Triton9 and Firecrow911 like this.

Your experience with Omega in this instance is atrocious and unbecoming of that brand and the message they put out regarding quality. Also I can't believe some of the posts letting Omega off the hook and telling you you should be satisfied with this after dropping AD prices and then having this happen. And to get it back like this after a 'service' for repair or whatever they call it - you should not have to worry it would come back with new problems.

Sorry but if your company markets itself and its product, characterizing the customer experience as superior and the product quality superior, then it should be superior. This is pretty much why I stick to tool divers and sub-$1000 watches. I simply don't have that money to burn on one watch and inevitably I don't really think any brand could hold my belief that I got 'value for money' at those prices. Give me a perfected non-human fabrication and assembly process where the watch is built in a few hours and is the same as the last 50, 500 or 5000 the machine put out. Worrying about that technician who had a bean-burrito for breakfast, having gas that makes their hand slip and scratch the case should not be something you have to worry about - machines don't eat burritos. Equally, give me a microbrand with a unique and tasteful take, at the least the microbrand is struggling for reputation and will usually step up, as every customer contact is a marketing opportunity, or a disaster in the waiting - depending on how they react.

With the internet, everyone is a reviewer, everyone is a critic, and in this OCD community, even the most minor imperfection will get picked apart for all to see. The only last line of defense is customer service and if that fails, well, you're toast.

I love the look and the iconic nature of Omega, its a titan in this industry but when they allow (and they have, its implied consent) to allow this to happen, it makes anyone who would consider an Omega to think caveat emptor even harder.
    So many watches to gather, so little time.

BSH Carolina 32

Quote Originally Posted by Strapsgalore View Post
    I can forgive the bezel misalignment or maybe the link failed polish but the screw link scratch is not acceptable. I will pushed for omega to get it right too.

As I say omega is a listed company , squeezing to maximise profit is top priority. Building up a brand is secondary. I will only buy a brand new Rolex watch from AD and no other brand.
    " A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

This is not acceptable.
    Do not let anyone persuade you otherwise. (Even the minor issues)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hugof3C likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliosa_007 View Post
    Officially, that's not something Omega should be concerned with. They sold you a watch, not an investment plan.

I understand, I would feel the same way.

No way does this warrant a watch replacement. I'm telling you this so that you don't get your hopes up. But of course this is not your fault and I don't believe it's the customer's job to do final quality control. It's an unfortunate situation where you will probably have to accept a polished case.

I would've gone directly to Omega and skipped the AD. All they do is introduce delays in my experience.
    Definitely should have gone directly to Omega with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Triton9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strapsgalore View Post
    I can forgive the bezel misalignment or maybe the link failed polish but the screw link scratch is not acceptable. I will pushed for omega to get it right too.

As I say omega is a listed company , squeezing to maximise profit is top priority. Building up a brand is secondary. I will only buy a brand new Rolex watch from AD and no other brand.
    And this is only what I can find on the outside of the watch. I dread what I’ll find inside.
    hugof3C and Aquahallic like this.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread Information