Poor Omega quality...
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Poor Omega quality...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Poor Omega quality...

I just dropped off the watch to the AD in disgust today.

I discovered a defective endlink on my Speedmaster Pro bought early 2018. See attached picture of the defect and damage. The protruding endlink piece has been rubbing against the watch case causing a deep pit.

In addition the sub seconds hand is a bit deformed if seen under a 10x loop.

Should Omega replace the case or give me a new watch? The manager didn’t think so.

For the premium we’re paying for these things this shouldn’t happen. I want to respect the ADs and not spend one hour inspecting a new watch before I take it home.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Poor Omega quality...

I hear that the bracelets are made in China? Looks like the technician installed two left side polished piece on the same endlink. This makes a lot sense.
    Last edited by Strapsgalore; December 29th, 2018 at 03:52.

Hmmm, that definitely looks like a repair at least, probably should be a watch replacement if it is very new as I doubt they would sell a watch with that problem.

They could probably stand down the end link and polish the case to minimize the scratch but given that it is in a area that you cant really see not sure it merits a case replacement.

That sucks. Really needs to be a checklist if stuff to look for when getting a new watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jason10mm View Post
    Hmmm, that definitely looks like a repair at least, probably should be a watch replacement if it is very new as I doubt they would sell a watch with that problem.

They could probably stand down the end link and polish the case to minimize the scratch but given that it is in a area that you cant really see not sure it merits a case replacement.

That sucks. Really needs to be a checklist if stuff to look for when getting a new watch.
    The damage to the case is pretty deep so a polish will not completely repair it. The damage and polishing would also devalue the watch should I decide to sell it.

Anything short of a new case or new watch is not satisfactory for me.

I only had the watch for a year and it’s very lightly worn. Just because I didn’t notice the problem earlier shouldn’t be the excuse not to replace the watch for me.

We’ll see what Omega decides. I won’t hear from them mid February 2019.

Sorry to see that, hopefully they would take care of you in this situation, if it's a "rare occurence" I could see or expect a new watch out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strapsgalore View Post
    The damage and polishing would also devalue the watch should I decide to sell it.
    Officially, that's not something Omega should be concerned with. They sold you a watch, not an investment plan.

Anything short of a new case or new watch is not satisfactory for me.
    I understand, I would feel the same way.

I only had the watch for a year and it’s very lightly worn. Just because I didn’t notice the problem earlier shouldn’t be the excuse not to replace the watch for me.
    No way does this warrant a watch replacement. I'm telling you this so that you don't get your hopes up. But of course this is not your fault and I don't believe it's the customer's job to do final quality control. It's an unfortunate situation where you will probably have to accept a polished case.

We’ll see what Omega decides. I won’t hear from them mid February 2019.
    I would've gone directly to Omega and skipped the AD. All they do is introduce delays in my experience.
    rfortson and Mike Kilo Niner like this.
    Removing the Sent from my xPhone using Tapatalk spam from your signature is really easy. Please take a moment to do it.
    ---

These very tiny dings were on my sub ND when I purchased it directly from my AD. I don’t think this is solely an Omega issue. I think all brands have QC issues. I didn’t bother with bringing it to my ADs attention because I noticed it 2 weeks after.

I’m just sharing this to hopefully shed light that although these things suck when buying new from an AD they can happen to any brand that mass produces a watch. Best of luck and I hope you have a resolution that you’re pleased with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pharm_D View Post

These very tiny dings were on my sub ND when I purchased it directly from my AD. I don’t think this is solely an Omega issue. I think all brands have QC issues. I didn’t bother with bringing it to my ADs attention because I noticed it 2 weeks after.

I’m just sharing this to hopefully shed light that although these things suck when buying new from an AD they can happen to any brand that mass produces a watch. Best of luck and I hope you have a resolution that you’re pleased with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pharm_D,

Being that I'm OCD myself, I completely understand your situation, but your defect is no where near the level of manufacturing error on my watch. Your's having micro dings is one thing, but mine is on a whole another level. If Omega wants me to live with my watch as is, that will be a major insult. Now it is not about money any more. It is about standing behind their product, especially if they believe their watches are worth the premium they're asking for.
    Last edited by Strapsgalore; December 29th, 2018 at 03:48.
    Triton9 likes this.

I would feel pretty pissed as well, especially as you could have easily purchased the same watch from a gray market dealer. You’re the most valued customer Omega can dream of having.
    All that said, I seriously doubt they’ll replace the watch. What I would aim for is a nice leather OEM strap as compensation for the damage, at the very least. If they refuse, tell them you will never ever buy an Omega again and write to the company.
    I think they’ll do right by you but it won’t mean a replacement watch.
    Good luck man.

Pharm_D,

Being that I'm OCD myself, I completely understand your situation, but your defect is no where near the level of manufacturing error on my watch. Your's having micro dings is one thing, but mine is on a whole another level. If Omega wants me to live with my watch as is, that will be a major insult. Now it is not about money any more. It is about standing behind their product, especially if they believe their watches are worth the premium they're asking for.
    Both cases are terrible!
    Neither of your watches should have these issues.
    Both issues are very hard to incur on your own even after years of ownership.
    If they were cars, these damages are analogous to an inch long cut on the dashboard, which would never happen even after 5 years of ownership.
    A scratch on the clasp would be analogous to paint rock chips on the bumper, which would eventually happen with your normal use.
    Strapsgalore likes this.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information