Potential 2020 Watch Acquisitions - Page 5
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: Potential 2020 Watch Acquisitions

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: Potential 2020 Watch Acquisitions

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...21090422001001

I already own a Speedy and I am thinking of (trying to) purchase the New James Bond Titanium Diver.
    fskywalker and Horoticus like this.

None.... my wife said my 40th birthday gift is a once in a 40 year occasion

I want an Explorer II 42mm Polar, but more realistically, I’ll probably buy the new SMP 300m black dial. Unless I hit the lottery, in which case, it’s Daytona all the way...
    anonymousmoose likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I too am on the list for a BB58, but waiting to see what comes out via Baselworld this year. Prices in USD went up $75 on Jan 1 - guess Tudor had to somehow defray the cost of bumping every new purchase up to a 5-year warranty (I kid, I kid).

The other option that I'm seriously considering at the moment is the 38mm AT 8800 - silver/white dial with the blackened hands and indices on the rubber strap. Looks the business, and I really want to add a GADA piece that can handle a bit of water, while just as easily transitioning from dressy to casual.

Current:
    - Omega Speedmaster "FOIS" 311.32.40.30.01.001 #89XX

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    That Spectre AT is warming to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That watch makes my heart miss a beat. Gorgeous!
    solesman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by raja_3012 View Post
    I do want to acquire something substantial this year but quite honestly don’t know what. As of now, my mind is set on the VC Overseas Blue dial. However, I am a Rolex whore. If Rolex does something spectacular in blue for the 2020 Basel, I would super tempted to buy that. But for now it is this one..
    That VC is a sweet looking watch

As for Rolex and Basel, I think you will have time to get both. Rumor has it that folks are able to now buy some of the Rolex stunners featured in the 2000 Basel show
    raja_3012 and solesman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NMGE17 View Post
    He had been to the boutique previously and tried on a few models. He had also discussed methods of payment and decided how he wanted to do it (might not have been my choice, but it wouldn’t cost any more and spread the payments suiting him and his salary). I think I was primarily there for moral support, but managed to negotiate nearly 10% discount and made a contribution to the initial payment. He had chosen the Dark Side of the Moon and seems over the moon with the quality and detail. The world is crazy though as I had to wait until 40 to get my first Omega at a fraction of the cost.

Nigel
    I did that a couple of times and both times I have never regretted doing it that way. The first was right out of high school and about to start college. It was a Rolex Sub(remember when you could walk into a store and buy one the same day???)
    I put a huge down payment down comprised of graduation money and savings from asking folks if they wanted fries with that(McDonalds) and made payments for a few months. I would not have been able to get the watch any other way and after I graduated college, I would not have been able to buy this watch or any other while paying off school loans. I am glad I did it this way and decades later I still have the watch and love it.

Last year I bought a Speedy Pro on credit from a local Omega AD. It was 12 months with no interest as long as at least the minimum monthly payments were made and the bill was totally paid off by the 12th month. I did this so that I could get the watch now and use the money I had for it to get/do other things. It was interest free so that was a no brainer. I paid it off in 6 months.

So done right and with no interest, a installment plan is a great thing
    NMGE17 likes this.

I've thinking about this. I have no green watches and its starting to appeal to me more and more. Oh oh, better stop looking!!

Name:  Tutima-Flieger-6105-Green-01.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  85.6 KB
    "Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one"

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltown View Post
    I want an Explorer II 42mm Polar, but more realistically, I’ll probably buy the new SMP 300m black dial. Unless I hit the lottery, in which case, it’s Daytona all the way...
    ...or maybe a Speedy Moonwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by sailon01 View Post
    I've thinking about this. I have no green watches and its starting to appeal to me more and more. Oh oh, better stop looking!!

Name:  Tutima-Flieger-6105-Green-01.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  85.6 KB

I’d forgotten all about that new release from Tutima. That could supplant the green dial Rado Captain Cook in my affections.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information