Potential 2020 Watch Acquisitions - Page 6
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: Potential 2020 Watch Acquisitions

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: Potential 2020 Watch Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by sailon01 View Post
    I've thinking about this. I have no green watches and its starting to appeal to me more and more. Oh oh, better stop looking!!

Attachment 14752353

Iíd forgotten all about that new release from Tutima. That could supplant the green dial Rado Captain Cook in my affections.

Quote Originally Posted by Buschyfor3 View Post
    I too am on the list for a BB58, but waiting to see what comes out via Baselworld this year. Prices in USD went up $75 on Jan 1 - guess Tudor had to somehow defray the cost of bumping every new purchase up to a 5-year warranty (I kid, I kid).

The other option that I'm seriously considering at the moment is the 38mm AT 8800 - silver/white dial with the blackened hands and indices on the rubber strap. Looks the business, and I really want to add a GADA piece that can handle a bit of water, while just as easily transitioning from dressy to casual.
    The Australian Dollar price was $4570.oo for the BB58 on steel bracelet. This was back in late November. I checked the Tudor website a few days ago and the price is now five grand AUD.
    I'd have loved it if the price had gone up by $75.ooUSD only.
    Ahh, well...it is what it is. Hopefully, I'll snag one before the price goes up again.
    fskywalker, cybercat and NMGE17 like this.
    -teeritz-

Sent from the typing pool of the Double-O Section.

My other distractions---> https://teeritz.blogspot.com.au/

tinzer0 on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    If blue is your colour and it suits your wardrobe then blue it should be. Particularly if this will be part of an existing collection
    It'll be my primary, Monday to Friday daily wearer. I've got a HAQ Seiko Ti Perpetual Calendar as a "beater" watch, and a Waltham pocket watch for formal occasions, but the Omega would be for most intents and purposes my main watch. Thus why I'm a bit on the fence about the black dial, just because it might prove more versatile for daily wear.

Quote Originally Posted by arogle1stus View Post
    Solesman:
    If my ship comes in (highly possible) I intend to spring for the new Citizen Model 100. Purportedly accurate to + or - 1 second a day!!!
    Just the watch for an accuracy freak like me.
    Awesome, which version are you going for? The black "honeycomb" dial, the mother-of-pearl, or the white gold?

Quote Originally Posted by teeritz View Post
    The Australian Dollar price was $4570.oo for the BB58 on steel bracelet. This was back in late November. I checked the Tudor website a few days ago and the price is now five grand AUD.
    I'd have loved it if the price had gone up by $75.ooUSD only.
    Ahh, well...it is what it is. Hopefully, I'll snag one before the price goes up again.
    Yeah, the cost of entry for Tudor (and Rolex) keeps getting higher. $5k territory for Tudor now, and $8k for a basic Oyster Perpetual 39. And yet the price of the SMP300 remains the same at $7.4K AUD... Omega's offerings are starting to look more and more appealing to me over the Shield's or Crown's.
    fskywalker and NMGE17 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm guessing the fact your a serious Bond fan the Spectre draws you the most. Quite a premium on the pre owned market for the Spectre LE. They don't seem to be selling though. A firm offer of £6350+ may tempt a seller. As you know, I had the Spectre, but the giant Omega logo ruined it. The classic would be the route to go and use the extra money saved for a holiday to wear your new 300 on or put it towards something else?
    Well I ended up getting this one at a good deal.... And you played a big part in my decision... Its gonna stay on that nato for quite a while! Very happy with it!

DW Classic St Mawes/Emporio Armani AR5860/Jorg Gray 6500 Commemorative Edition/Nautica NCS 600 N15016G/ΩOmega SMP/ΩOmega Seamaster Aqua Terra/ΩOmega Seamaster 300MC/Seiko Diver SKX007K/Seiko 5 SNKE51K1/Steinhart Ocean 39 Vintage GMT Premium/Steinhart Ocean One 39 Black Ceramic/Tissot Le Locle Automatic

Potential 2020 Watch Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by milgauss1349 View Post
    Also considering upgrading my 16622 to a 116622
    DO IT! Blue dial.

AD (Instagram @officine_scrivano)
    Last edited by lo_scrivano; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:48.
    fskywalker likes this.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going

Quote Originally Posted by imranbecks View Post
    Well I ended up getting this one at a good deal.... And you played a big part in my decision... Its gonna stay on that nato for quite a while! Very happy with it!

Huge congratulations to you mate!!! Totally agree regarding the NATO. Looks fantastic! What a trio of Omega’s you have now, aswell as a few grand tucked away in the bank too. Look forward to a wrist shot and a collection post soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by solesman; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:54.
    NMGE17, fskywalker and imranbecks like this.
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

That Spectre AT is warming to me.

It's scorching, mate!
    Attached Images Attached Images

solesman, fskywalker and NMGE17 like this.
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060. Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT. Omega Aqua Terra 8500. Omega Planet Ocean 8800. Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF. Casio MRG-7600-1AJF. Casio MRG-7700-1AJF. Casio GMW-B5000-1ER. Casio GMW-B5000TB-1ER. Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

Quote Originally Posted by wtma View Post
    Been eyein on the SM Railmaster for quite a while now, really like the crosshair.
    Same. Iíve been pining after this for a while now, handled it a couple of times, didnít disappoint. Just waiting for a good deal.

I almost bought the LE 2017 Railmaster about 6 months ago, I was convinced it was the one for me since Iíve had a life long love for the Ď57 Railmaster. However, in the metal it wasnít quite what I was expecting. I didn't like the lugs, it didnít sit well on my wrist. It was a lot shinier than I was expecting - my fault for not paying attention, not necessarily a criticism of the watch, I still think itís a thing of beauty. Itís merely personal preference, but for the last 5 or 6 years I seem to be drawn to wearing less startling watches. Bought a blue Tudor Pelagos a few years ago, itís tremendous and I wear it almost constantly, and it led me to sell my SubC which, eventually, I became less enamoured with as it was simply too eye catching.

Never really considered tracking down a vintage 57 Railmaster, it possibly makes me a philistine, but I like newer, more robust watches that Iím not afraid of wearing. Plus, I get the serious shakes at the possibility Iíd get a fake/franken model.

The couple of times Iíve tried the non-LE 2017 Railmaster it wore well on my wrist, and corny as it sounds, spoke to me like few watches do. I always wait for a few months, or even years, before buying pricier watches in case the novelty/lust wears off. It really hasnít in this case, the opposite in fact.
    wtma, fskywalker and cybercat like this.

There are a couple of Longines I wouldnít mind looking into seriously this year:

- Avigation BigEye
    - new Master Collection Moonphase, 40mm, blue dial

Just bought a Rolex 116000 a few weeks back so watch funds are a bit depleted at the moment.

fskywalker and NMGE17 like this.
    In Rotation:
    Rolex 116000 - Blue "3,6,9" Arabic
    Tudor Black Bay 36
    Longines Heritage Conquest L1.411.4
    Dan Henry 1964 Chrono - Panda

Made a trade deal just before the new year, and had this show up on the 3rd.
    Name:  4B7DE300-BFB7-4C04-B6D3-7679E7A18247.jpeg
Views: 88
Size:  1.08 MB
    fskywalker, NMGE17 and solesman like this.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information