Potential 2020 Watch Acquisitions - Page 9
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: Potential 2020 Watch Acquisitions

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Re: Potential 2020 Watch Acquisitions

Just purchased a Tag Heuer 01 skeleton 43mm a few days ago, I think I ran out of quota for the year already, lmao
    fskywalker likes this.

I am not looking to expand much, maybe one more watch. Currently downsizing my collection considerably because my Rolex Sea Dweller 16600 has been stealing so much wrist time that my other watches were just collecting dust. Then I put a glidelock clasp on the SD and it's stealing more wrist time. Then two months ago I got the 39mm Explorer and it's stealing a bunch of wrist time too. I also have a Speedy Moon Watch, 16710 GMT, Sub, and Exp 1016 that get the limited wrist time that is left over. I keep shopping for watches because it's fun, but anything new must be so good that it will compete with what I already have and I am just at a loss to find that piece.

Still, I am thinking about one more black dial diver. Something classic. I have been kicking around getting a 14060M Sub or 16800 Sub. Ultimately though I think I'm going to go to Omega. I hate the bulk of the newer Omega divers, but I recently discovered their 1990's - 2000's Seamaster Professionals and really like the 2254.50 SMP 300 - it's actually thinner than the Sub! Quite a contrast to the bloated co-axial models. At $2,500 they are a great value, but I am holding out for a deal at $1,500 or so... Honestly, I just watched all of the Pierce Brosnan Bond movies this weekend for inspiration.

Attachment 14779007
    thx67 and fskywalker like this.

Probably a Breitling and possibly Omega.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fskywalker likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk B View Post
    I am not looking to expand much, maybe one more watch. Currently downsizing my collection considerably because my Rolex Sea Dweller 16600 has been stealing so much wrist time that my other watches were just collecting dust. Then I put a glidelock clasp on the SD and it's stealing more wrist time. Then two months ago I got the 39mm Explorer and it's stealing a bunch of wrist time too. I also have a Speedy Moon Watch, 16710 GMT, Sub, and Exp 1016 that get the limited wrist time that is left over. I keep shopping for watches because it's fun, but anything new must be so good that it will compete with what I already have and I am just at a loss to find that piece.

Still, I am thinking about one more black dial diver. Something classic. I have been kicking around getting a 14060M Sub or 16800 Sub. Ultimately though I think I'm going to go to Omega. I hate the bulk of the newer Omega divers, but I recently discovered their 1990's - 2000's Seamaster Professionals and really like the 2254.50 SMP 300 - it's actually thinner than the Sub! Quite a contrast to the bloated co-axial models. At $2,500 they are a great value, but I am holding out for a deal at $1,500 or so... Honestly, I just watched all of the Pierce Brosnan Bond movies this weekend for inspiration.

Attachment 14779007
    Great choice of watch. I cant recommend them enough. There are a few nice options away from the Bond versions too. The GMTs are nice. As is the electric blue. Its a shame the Coax movements are making them so huge nowadays. If you think the SMPs are thick, take a look at the Planet oceans.
    fskywalker likes this.

Potential 2020 Watch Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
    This was a late December 2019 addition:

Something else new (to me) coming soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First acquisition of 2020: Aqua Terra
    Good Planet 38.5 MM :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    cybercat and raja_3012 like this.
    Francisco
    Ω 2535.80 / 2504.52 / 168.022 / 231.90.39.21.04.001
    ♛ 16610 / 18239
    ★ 03.2150.400/69

I'm considering another Omega (Seamaster) or maybe the Zenith (shown above). I love chronographs and have several including the Speedy Pro. The Zenith would be another brand with yet another type of movement and a special one at that.

I called up a popular AD today to get a quote for another brand and to my surprise, they didn't want to quote me over the phone although they had done that last year. Over email, sure, I get it - you don't want to make it in writing, but not on the phone either? If you can't quote me, how can I know what the price is? Very odd. Turned me off to them for sure.
    fskywalker likes this.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread Information