Question regarding Omega Geneve 1972

Thread: Question regarding Omega Geneve 1972

Question regarding Omega Geneve 1972

I've recently aquired an Omega Geneve caliber 1030 and I have a question regarding it. Everything seems in order, all the markings are present (dial, cristal, crown, case, caseback, movement) but i'm not sure about the authenticity of the bridge with the big omega logo on it. I've found several other watches on the net with this type of bridge but others like in Dr. Ranfft's database show a similar bridge but with diferent markings ( marked Omega swiss 17 jewels undajusted) instead of the logo. So my question, is this bridge authentic or is it a replacement?
    Thanks.

Re: Question regarding Omega Geneve 1972

The bridge appears to be a replacement part. Note the difference in hue of the copper/beryllium coating between it and the rest of the movement. The first bridge was as you suggested. This bridge is from the second iteration of the 1030. However the question is whether your movement had the original or second style of bridge. That is one I cant answer.

I dont think the integrity of the movement has been compromised as the train bridge with the serial is intact and the bridge is definitely a 1030 bridge. You'll note some rust on the crown/ratchet system and I would think that the movement may have had to be overhauled.

Cheers

Desmond

Thanks for the quick answer. As I understand this bridge may not be the original for this movement but is it an original, authentic replacement part? The watch runs and looks great and I just want to know it it is entirely original or the question of a franken can be raised. This is my first omega and I have a lot of reading to do concerning this brand, but I would like my first to be as original as posible.
    Thanks again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes indeed the bridge is a genuine 1030 Omega part.

Good luck in your Omega collecting quest - nothing could be more fun if you do your homework first

Cheers

Desmond

Quote Originally Posted by scoupi View Post
    Thanks for the quick answer. As I understand this bridge may not be the original for this movement but is it an original, authentic replacement part? The watch runs and looks great and I just want to know it it is entirely original or the question of a franken can be raised. This is my first omega and I have a lot of reading to do concerning this brand, but I would like my first to be as original as posible.
    Thanks again.

Thanks for confirming. Let the journey begin......

Thread Information