Questions about a Railmaster
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By teeritz

Thread: Questions about a Railmaster

Questions about a Railmaster

I came across an Omega Railmaster 2503.52. It comes with original box (damaged) and full 898 Aqua Terra stainless steel bracelet (all links included).

The seller has disclosed it has non-matching serial numbers on the case and movement since the original calibre 2403 movement was replaced due to mechanical issues. It was replaced with an Omega calibre 1120 which is running approximately -6 seconds per day.

I am somewhat familiar with Omega models but I am not at all smart on movements. Is this watch even worth the money if it can be had at a good price? Any concerns with it being replaced with an older(?) movement? Appreciate any feedback.

Re: Questions about a Railmaster

Keep looking, keep saving.
    You should have no trouble finding a Railmaster with correct 2403 Calibre in it, but you'll most likely pay more for it compared to this doctored model.

Personally, I wouldn't go for this one due to the movement swap. Nothing against the Cal. 1120. I have a Seamaster with this movement in it and it's bullet-proof.
    But if the Railmaster is meant to come fitted with a Cal. 2403, then that's what you should have.

Just my take.

Best of luck.
    NMGE17, solesman, cybercat and 1 others like this.
    -teeritz-

Sent from the typing pool of the Double-O Section.

My other distractions---> https://teeritz.blogspot.com.au/

tinzer0 on Instagram

Wow first time I heard of such a swap

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, strange situation. Apparently the seller purchased it pre-owned from a shop that carried a warranty. When in for repairs, the shop supposedly swapped the movement but seller did not realize it until much later after the fact with no way to prove it.

It did end up selling for over $1400.

Quote Originally Posted by wusnutt View Post
    Yeah, strange situation. Apparently the seller purchased it pre-owned from a shop that carried a warranty. When in for repairs, the shop supposedly swapped the movement but seller did not realize it until much later after the fact with no way to prove it.

It did end up selling for over $1400.
    Well a 39mm 2500 RM tops $2k so $1400 may be reasonable. Still, that movement will look terrible under the display caseback

Thread Information