Really happy with the look of my Seamaster Pro on the rubber strap
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Really happy with the look of my Seamaster Pro on the rubber strap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Really happy with the look of my Seamaster Pro on the rubber strap

Bought my Seamaster last year upon release of the 8800 version. Got it on the bracelet, as it made better financial sense to me. Chose black bc I knew I'd prefer the color once I picked up the OEM rubber, having owned the previous generation SMP in blue. I put a Zealande strap on it and I didn't love the look of the blue strap combined with the blue dial.

It has all come together, as Topper called last week to say that the backorder issue was finally over and my strap was ready to ship after a half year of waiting.

Immediate feelings: the watch looks better on the strap, wears so much more comfortably, and the black dial with black rubber is a killer combination. Very sporty, but also pretty versatile.

Had the watch up for sale until now, as I was flirting with an IWC Spitfire Chronograph, but I've now reconsidered and will be keeping the Omega. If you're stuck on a color and strap/ bracelet choice, I heartily recommend this combination.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    solesman and carlhaluss like this.
    Dave

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    I'm really happy you've discovered some new joy in your Seamaster.

How about a few snaps?

Renť
    NMGE17, solesman, 1165dvd and 1 others like this.
    Citizen Navihawk
    Momentum Supernova, Titan II (GONE--gifted to a friend's son), Aquamatic II (Blue Dial)
    OMEGA Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch (ref 310.30.42.30.01.005), Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Chronometer (ref 233.30.41.21.01.001)
    Seiko SKX007 (GONE--gifted to my uncle)
    Steinhart Marine Chronometer II Roman (Unitas 6498), Nav. B-Chrono II DLC (ETA Valjoux 7750)(SOLD), Nav. B-Uhr II (Unitas 6497)(SOLD), Ocean One Vintage (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD), Ocean One Vintage Red (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD)

Re: Really happy with the look of my Seamaster Pro on the rubber strap

Yea would love to see some pictures.
    NMGE17, 1165dvd, Titan II and 1 others like this.
    What you gotta do, you gotta do!!!

Collection :
    Omega, Rolex, Blancpain, Zenith, Tudor, IWC

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Totally agree with your observations OP. The Seamaster belongs on that rubber strap. I've never been a fan of the "Bond" bracelet. I tried out the blue version and damn!! Wears so good. Now where are those photos?
    1165dvd likes this.
    Dan

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

The rubber really look nice on that watch for sure. May i know how much u get for the straps?
    1165dvd likes this.
    Orient Star WZ0291DK JDM
    Omega Seamaster Professional Diver 300M 210.30.42.20.01.001
    Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moonwatch" 311.30.42.30.01.006

The Seamaster is actually my first watch that I purchased on the rubber as opposed to the bracelet and I have to say - I love it.

Iíve been enjoying thinner and lighter watches lately, and after selling myself on the Seamaster I talked to a few people who all said the same thing - get it on the rubber strap. Itís thin, light, and comfortable. The bracelet was thicker, heavier, and some didnít find it very comfortable. These were all things I was trying to avoid, and I also realized I havenít worn my Speedmaster bracelet in about two years - itís always on canvas and leather.

Between their advice, trying it in person, and my Rolex kind of ďuppingĒ my bracelet comfort requirements (Iíve never had anything as comfortable, so if it wonít at least match that comfort, I probably wonít use it), I finally went ahead and pulled the trigger on the rubber version and itís been outstanding.

Iím glad you found the same to be true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    my positive feedback - search "omega1300" in the feedback forum!

Agree that this watch really sings on the rubber. The bracelet is well-designed, but adds quite a bit of weight and some inflexibility, especially at the clasp. Generally prefer my SM 300 LE on the bracelet, and this on the rubber -- much more elegant and comfortable on the wrist and the OEM is easily one of the best rubber straps I've used, actually worth the outlay.
    solesman, omega1300 and 1165dvd like this.

I picked up a black OEM strap for my PO last week. I like the bracelet but itís nice having a lighter alternative.
    1165dvd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynold View Post
    The rubber really look nice on that watch for sure. May i know how much u get for the straps?
    $300 shipped, but I agreed to purchase before price increases.

Reynold likes this.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by omega1300 View Post
    The Seamaster is actually my first watch that I purchased on the rubber as opposed to the bracelet and I have to say - I love it.

Iíve been enjoying thinner and lighter watches lately, and after selling myself on the Seamaster I talked to a few people who all said the same thing - get it on the rubber strap. Itís thin, light, and comfortable. The bracelet was thicker, heavier, and some didnít find it very comfortable. These were all things I was trying to avoid, and I also realized I havenít worn my Speedmaster bracelet in about two years - itís always on canvas and leather.

Between their advice, trying it in person, and my Rolex kind of ďuppingĒ my bracelet comfort requirements (Iíve never had anything as comfortable, so if it wonít at least match that comfort, I probably wonít use it), I finally went ahead and pulled the trigger on the rubber version and itís been outstanding.

Iím glad you found the same to be true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree with all of this. But I worried that if I bought it on the rubber and later decided to get the bracelet, the cost would have been prohibitive. Looking back, I would tell myself just buy it on the rubber. Will I use the bracelet going forward? Sure, but the rubber is definitely my favorite option.

omega1300 likes this.
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information