Rough estimate for repair and service Omega Seamaster GMT Coaxial ?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Rough estimate for repair and service Omega Seamaster GMT Coaxial ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I am about to send my Omega Seamaster GMT off for service after I noticed a light misting inside the crystal. I put in in a ziplock with a new dessicant packet and 48 hours later it was clear again but I know it is time...

I got an estimate of $200 from a shop in PA, one for $250 when I called the Omega Service Center, and one for $575 for a well known Omega expert repair place locally. I know the one in PA needed to be pressed before agreeing to do a pressure check and I don't trust the $250 from the Omega SC. I know several people who swear by the local expert and I was impressed to hear what they would do and that the seals and parts (hour wheel) that commonly needed to be replaced during the service were included in the $575, and it could be less once they got it apart.

Anyway, does anyone have any recent cost they would be willing to share? Right now I am leaning towards the local expert.

Thanks,

-Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images

dub82 likes this.

Re: Rough estimate for repair and service Omega Seamaster GMT Coaxial ?

Do yourself a solid and go to an Omega Boutique. The seals have definitely failed and you don’t want a shoddy job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RMerc likes this.

If Omega SC is charging $250, that's only a partial service where they replace the crown, HE valve, and gaskets then a pressure test. Nothing else.

Since you definitely have moisture in the case, spring for a full service at $550. You'll have a brand new looking watch with a 2 year Omega International warranty.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Doxatom likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RMerc View Post
    If Omega SC is charging $250, that's only a partial service where they replace the crown, HE valve, and gaskets then a pressure test. Nothing else.

Since you definitely have moisture in the case, spring for a full service at $550. You'll have a brand new looking watch with a 2 year Omega International warranty.

Thank you! This is the kind of info for which I was hoping. The local company is Nesbits and from what I have seen here, they have an excellent reputation.
    RMerc likes this.

I'd send it directly to Omega. As part of the service, I'd ask that the hands, dial, and bezel also be replaced. The dial and bezel might cost an extra $500, but it would be worth the added expense. Your watch would come back good as new.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh R. View Post
    I'd send it directly to Omega. As part of the service, I'd ask that the hands, dial, and bezel also be replaced. The dial and bezel might cost an extra $500, but it would be worth the added expense. Your watch would come back good as new.
    New hands are already included in the $550 price.

Nesbit’s is excellent from what I’ve read on these boards. They either are or were an authorized omega repair facility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    my positive feedback - search "omega1300" in the feedback forum!

Mine went with Omega here in the UK so cost doesn’t really apply, but I would highly recommend it. I opted to keep my dings, but the movement, winding etc is fantastic afterwards.

Nigel

Rough estimate? Oh, it will definitely be rough alright. :)

I agree with those that say give it to Omega. Nice looking watch and you want it running right.

Quote Originally Posted by Doxatom View Post
    Thank you! This is the kind of info for which I was hoping. The local company is Nesbits and from what I have seen here, they have an excellent reputation.
    Let us know how it turns out. I have the same Omega timepiece and it needs a service and a new hour wheel. Its a great watch!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information