WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial is here

8K views 40 replies 25 participants last post by  dantan 
#1 ·
See less See more
#13 · (Edited)
This one is really growing on me, even with the faux-tina. I think it's more interesting that a SubC No Date or the Black Bay, both of which I like...

The Titanium is crazy expensive though, and the PCLs are a

#25 ·
I love the idea of a vintage vibe, no date diver without all the shiny indices on the dial but the actual implementation has been underwhelming for me. The use of faux patina and PCLs is disappointing but I think the primary issue is the unnecessary 15mm thickness of the watch.

Whether it is a bad design idea or just poor engineering the thickness ensures I will never buy this watch (or any of the recent portly Omegas).

#27 ·
I love the idea of a vintage vibe, no date diver without all the shiny indices on the dial but the actual implementation has been underwhelming for me. The use of faux patina and PCLs is disappointing but I think the primary issue is the unnecessary 15mm thickness of the watch.

Whether it is a bad design idea or just poor engineering the thickness ensures I will never buy this watch (or any of the recent portly Omegas).
I think it's poor engineering of the movement, Omegas really started to bloat when the cal.8500 was introduced. Of course, a displayback adds thickness and is somewhat useless on a diving watch - though understandably popular

Reactions: Kluber
#26 ·
Even though Omega is referring to it as vintage colored lume, it still doesn't strike me as such, considering that the lume on divers used to be a slightly yellowish when new, back in the 50s/60s.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

The PCLs, though, I just don't get at all. They're expanding them across the range, too, which is even more puzzling.

#29 ·
The 8500 has 5.5mm, less than a Rolex found on a 36mm Datejust or a about the same as an old caliber found on a vintage Constellation pie pan.
Mainly due to water resistance display back, can't think of any other 600m wr watch with a glass back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#35 ·
I tried this on at the OB in Chicago when they did their Basel preview.

I must say I was pretty impressed and actually loved the size.

I use my PO 8500 XL as a daily driver and I know its a big watch but man does it look REALLY big next to this one.

I'm typically a one watch guy and the only thing preventing me from ditching the PO for this one is the lack of a date window, which I actually use my watch for on a daily basis. Sure I could whip out my phone, but then it doesn't give me the same joy as admiring the watch on my wrist.

I know the lack of a date window was intentional and sticks to the original design of the watch and is actually a plus for many people, but for me, I would've liked the option a version with it.

I can live with the PCL's on this one for a bit and when I get sick of them, I'd just have them brushed out.

#36 ·
This one is on my to buy list but I am conflicted with the Ti version. I originally wanted the Ti version of the PO then when I actually went to buy it it reminded me I am not a fan of the (lack of) heft of a Ti watch, but I wanted blue and it just so happened the GMT Good Planet had just been released and they had one in the back... sold. But, then I still want a 3 hand PO so I got a Pumpkin and finally broke down and bought the Ti also...

I actually like the blue on the 300 MC but SS is far more "vintage" looking. My fear is I end up with them both.

I really don't mind PCLs while I understand not really belonging on a tool watch I have a beater for the true tool watch use. Earlier today I was looking at the bracelet on my GMT MII and thinking how much I like the PCLs compared to my Rolex dive watches. The visual texture it brings just makes it more interesting and pleasing to my eye.

#41 ·
Any feedback on this Watch? Anyone knows what the RRP is in Australia? I like the fact that it does not have a date aperture to ruin it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.