WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

1M views 5K replies 606 participants last post by  erichpryde 
#1 ·
The 300 MC ownership here (and on other forums) is growing and it's time we had a thread to share information, insights, reviews, photos, and accessory suggestions; i.e., straps, etc.

If you are blessed with a 300 MC, please make yourself at home, subscribe, and contribute to this thread. (Others are welcome to drool but try to keep your keyboards dry. :))

See less See more
#696 ·
I need to stop looking at the pictures of the Ti Blue. I love the black and wasn't even considering the blue, but then read that Grade 5 Ti might be more scratch resistant. Now the blue has really grown on me, even though I've heard more opinions that the titanium bracelet will not be more scratch resistant. The weight difference is cool, but the price difference is significant.

So just when I think I'm set on my decision, another picture pops up of the Ti Blue, and I'm confused all over again, lol. Oh well, it's a can't go wrong situation, so I'll take my time with it.

-Z

#699 ·
I was in the same boat when deciding between steel and titanium. Besides the weight, the real deciding factor for me was that there are tons of black-dialed, steel watches out there. I have a black Sumo LE and a black Monster. Have also owned Subs and others. At the end of the day, this is a unique watch in my collection that has a different color scheme and uses a material that I don't currently own. I would make the same decision again...unless it's the new Spectre being compared. As I mentioned above, that one is calling me.

#701 ·
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
a particularly nice photo just to push Zinzan over the edge...the photographer managed to capture the blue color very well. (image source: watchinghorology.com)

#706 ·
I really like the black nato, checked it our @ the boutique! ( I live really close to one) I think it looks better on the SM300! Even though currently I still have my two piece "bond" blk/gry nato strap on my SM300!! Great choice, I especially like the soft leather underside!

#705 ·
An outstanding model way much nicer than the new sub. Perhaps something to think if I don't buy another vintage el primero

#720 ·
how do you guys feel about the casual wearability of the 300mc? is it too dressy for using with shirt, shorts and sandals on the beach? after all its a dive watch, but even the sales woman on the Omega boutique told me its a watch better suited for wearing with a suite, and I'm such guy who never wear suits, only when somebody is getting married :)

Im thinking about getting one, I'm pretty sure if I use isofrane straps it will give it a vintage sports look, but I like wearing with bracelets, the bracelets maybe too dressy

would it be weird to wear the 300mc on bracelet with sports and gym clothes?

#722 ·
how do you guys feel about the casual wearability of the 300mc? is it too dressy for using with shirt, shorts and sandals on the beach? after all its a dive watch, but even the sales woman on the Omega boutique told me its a watch better suited for wearing with a suite, and I'm such guy who never wear suits, only when somebody is getting married :)

Im thinking about getting one, I'm pretty sure if I use isofrane straps it will give it a vintage sports look, but I like wearing with bracelets, the bracelets maybe too dressy

would it be weird to wear the 300mc on bracelet with sports and gym clothes?

Extremely versatile! I wear everyday to work, no suit but dress wear long sleeve shirt w/tie & slacks, then when i come home or on the weekend its shorts & flip flops or tennis shoes, no problems goes well with everything - have worn everyday since purchased!

#721 ·
Completely versatile. I've had no issues wearing it with suits and then later jeans and a tshirt or shirts and a shirt. I'm wearing mine today with all casual north face attire. Though I do have it on a NATO strap just now.

It's been my go to for daily business attire - along with my AT. Transitions seamlessly into casual wear.

Sent from a Payphone

#723 ·
When I got the bracelet brushed polished on mine it felt less dress watch, it's all personal choice though. I wear mine to the gym, work, travelling, swimming, going out etc. I hardly ever take it off. Even though it's a very good looking watch, it's also very tough in my opinion. I just give it a quick wash once a week then it's good as new.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

#724 ·
The 300 MC is probably the most versatile watch I have ever owned. I wear it with t-shirts, shorts, and docksiders during the week and to mass on Saturdays/Sundays. I cannot imagine any circumstances where I would consider wearing it to be inappropriate.

Plus, most any strap looks good on it.