Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread - Page 201
Like Tree5573Likes

Thread: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

Page 201 of 304 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 251 301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 3038

Re: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

Damn this thread is POISON
    Perseus, solesman, knezz and 2 others like this.
    You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloopjohnb View Post
    So, just like Zinzan above, and others, I finally took the plunge and had the centre links brushed. I also asked for brushed top of lugs but they couldn't do it cause they didn't have the Omega tool to remove the bezel. I may ask at the OB whether they would brush the lugs but I guess they won't. I am however immensely satisfied with the all-brushed bracelet which tones down the bling factor a lot. And the difference to the polished lugs is not as bad as I feared.
    I have to be honest with you, but I think the watchmaker made the grain on the brushed finish too coarse for my tastes. I might have left the PCL alone if I knew it would turn out like that. I also think with the straight lugs that if it's all brushed that it would become too monotonous, so I would not change the finish on the watch itself.
    OMEGA * Grey Side of the Moon * Ti PO 8500 & 9300 * PO LM LE * X-33 Solar Impulse LE * Speedy Tuesday LE * SMPc Chrono * Speedmaster Pro 861, 3570.50+3572.50 x2 * Ti SMP Chrono 2298.80 * SMP Bond * WatchCo SM300 * '62 Seamaster DeVille x2
    ROLEX *
    Pepsi GMT Master II Ceramic * Rolex SubC Hulk * Rolex SubC ND
    OTHER * Grand Seiko SBGX115 * Hamilton Harrison Ford Chrono * DOXA Poseidon LE * Bulova Moon x2 * Victorinox Dive Master 500 x3 * Luminox Atacama 1842+1923 & Colormark 3157 * Red Bull Formula 1 * Seiko Astron GPS * Seiko Prospex LE/PADI/SKX007/009/173 * Citizen Ti Perpetual Cal x2 +300M Diver x3 * DLC Apple Watch * Egard Passages * Casio ProTrek Solar x2 * Commander 300 * NTH Sub x2
    SOLD * Omega AT Skyfall, MC, 2503.33, Great White GMT & SMP Mid * Rolex Sub Hulk, 16800, TT Sub, Polar Exp x3, black Exp II, Yachmaster * GMT II Coke & BLNR * Nomos Midnight Orion stolen * Omega CK-2998LE * Silver Snoopy Award LE * POLMLE & 2201.51 * TAG Classic 2K * SMPc * GSOTM#2 * Speedy 3513.30

Banned

I like the polished parts of the bracelet. My 300MC is the only watch I own that I prefer on a bracelet. I tried it on a NATO, and it just wasn't right.
    Lealole likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Larry, I see your point but I actually like it that the links are brushed quite coarse. For me, the watch is more pf a tool watch. I quite liked the PCLs at first but they soon annoyed me to the point that I wouldn't wear it anymore. I have had it on two different brown straps as well but that just wasn't quite ideal either.
    Whether I will attempt to have the lugs brushed I will see. For now its ok like this. But despite the long lugs I don't think it will look too monotonous, rather even more toolish.
    But tastes are different, and this is just mine.

Hi Larry, I see your point but I actually like it that the links are brushed quite coarse. For me, the watch is more pf a tool watch. I quite liked the PCLs at first but they soon annoyed me to the point that I wouldn't wear it anymore. I have had it on two different brown straps as well but that just wasn't quite ideal either.
    Whether I will attempt to have the lugs brushed I will see. For now its ok like this. But despite the long lugs I don't think it will look too monotonous, rather even more toolish.
    I love how people's tastes are different. I was anti-PCL and waited until I found a watch with a well done brushed bracelet before I bought. After wearing it a while, something was just off in my opinion. It just didn't work for me somehow like when I saw this piece online. I put it up for sale and I picked up a new one from Omega (I know, I'm a freak). The PCLs and polished lugs have really changed my mind. I love it just as Omega made it originally. The polished links make the metal bezel ring, and other polished parts of the watch head just pop and seem to really add to the vintage vibe. My personal style is more understated and I never thought a watch with PCLs would work for me. It is more elegant like this now, but not over the top in my opinion. It can totally pull off casual. I can see both sides on the subject though, I'm sure we wouldn't wear the same clothes either.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by AK CH; September 9th, 2016 at 14:29. Reason: Grammar

I wasn't exactly anti-PCL, but was PCL-hesitant when I fell in love with the Seamaster 300. I was willing to pay extra for the Ti model when I heard it was more scratch-resistant, until the Omega Boutique told me it wasn't true. So I held off and considered other watches.

Then I saw the Spectre LE, and jumped on it when I had the chance. And I have loved it.

But since then, I acquired a Rolex with PCLs, and I love the look. Yes, they show scratches, and yes, they show fingerprints, but really only up close. At their worst, they look spectacular from arm's length.

Now I see the Seamaster 300 with the PCLs and have a new appreciation for them. I think the PCLs really compliment the polished lugs.

That said, I'm happy to have the BCLs on my Spectre. It's much more of a grab-and-go watch, with a long power reserve, no date to set, and no fingerprints to wipe off the bracelet.

Until a DaytonaC falls in my lap, I'm happy to have just one watch with PCLs.
    calv1n and knezz like this.

When I had mine I was going to flip due to pcls. I had them brushed and enjoyed for another 6 months. You can always get rebrushed . I would advise against doing the lugs.

I wanted a Ti but I was not sure if those pcls could be brushed.
    Last edited by Betterthere; September 9th, 2016 at 15:16.

yes, it is all down to personal taste. I was actually pleasantly surprised how good and balanced the watch looked with the PCLs in the wild, after I bought it. But that impression faded the more I wore it. I have had it for around 7 months and thought the time was right for the brush, and I don't regret it. But even now it remains my number 2, the AT is the clear number 1 - because it is the non-Master with date window frame and BCLs.
    Last edited by Sloopjohnb; September 9th, 2016 at 16:26.

yes, it is all down to personal taste. I was actually pleasantly surprised how good and balanced the watch looked with the PCLs in the wild, after I bought it. But that impression faded the more I wore it. I have had it for around 7 months and thought the time was right for the brush, and I don't regret it. But even now it remains my number 2, the AT is the clear number 1 - because it is the non-Master with date window frame and BCLs.
    Those wee my 2 also for a while. Good pair.

Those wee my 2 also for a while. Good pair.

Thread Information