Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread - Page 22
Like Tree5578Likes

Thread: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

Page 22 of 304 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Re: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

We need to realize that in these days of technology, few serious divers rely upon mechanical analog watches.

The mechanical analog watches of today tend to be worn by "desk divers" who occasionally get in the pool or in the surf. Few of us really have a need to track our air supply or depth.

That being said, some of us prefer sporty dive watches like the PO or the Sub but Omega designed the 300 MC to be a nostalgic "desk diver" suitable to be worn on a variety of occasions. The thin bezel and tiny pearl of the '57 original were impractical for divers of the day and grew over time and only reappeared on the 300 MC to remind us of its heritage.

Likewise, the bling of the shinny bezel and PCLs are not practical for serious divers unless one is seeking to catch the eye of a shark or barracuda.

We have to accept the 300 MCs for what they, and for what most of us, are: desk divers. Desk divers want a watch that can be worn on the beach or in the board room. That is the targeted market of the 300 MC.

An automobile accident in 1979 ended my SCUBA diving but I still hang out at, and in, the pool. And glancing down at the 300 MC on my wrist reminds me of time spent in Florida springs and the blue Caribbean.
    73 & GB!

Fr. John†

No man gets to heaven all by himself, alone. Thomas Merton

Quote Originally Posted by jmsrolls View Post
    We have to accept the 300 MCs for what they, and for what most of us, are: desk divers. Desk divers want a watch that can be worn on the beach or in the board room. That is the targeted market of the 300 MC.
    I think you are right, I was looking for a less sporty Seamaster, rather than my PO and my SM300 diver, and this I hope will fill the gap.

I have one incoming in a short, hopefully, and have a question for the owners: is it difficult to adjust the bracelet size? Do the screws come from the factory with some loctite glue or whatever that prevents from unscrewing? Any advice welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by pk_diver View Post
    I think you are right, I was looking for a less sporty Seamaster, rather than my PO and my SM300 diver, and this I hope will fill the gap.

I have one incoming in a short, hopefully, and have a question for the owners: is it difficult to adjust the bracelet size? Do the screws come from the factory with some loctite glue or whatever that prevents from unscrewing? Any advice welcome!
    Bracelet is easy to adjust. Has pin and cap screws. Mine felt like they had small amount of loctite. Quality screwdriver the right size is key in my opinion .

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No glue - I adjusted it in 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by julywest View Post
    Bracelet is easy to adjust. Has pin and cap screws. Mine felt like they had small amount of loctite. Quality screwdriver the right size is key in my opinion .
    Thanks! They say an hair dryer works to heat up the glue and make it easier to unscrew (other option, dip the bracelet in biioling water for a couple of minutes). I was wondering if someone tried.

I own 7 watches for all occasions but the 300mc has been hogging wrist time like crazy. Been wearing it for a week straight, hasn't happened with any watch for months now

That said: I wear it on my B&S strap or the Viscount (been swimming with it several times now). I disagree in two points with some of the comments made above: 1. I still haven't gotten used to the PCLs and probably never will. Not a real problem - I'll just wear it on a strap. 2. This watch is as much at home in the water as it is in an office. I don't go diving yet and it's not a tool diver like the Pelagos, but it doubles as a sports watch and a dress watch without an issue.

For very dressy occasions, I have a Hamilton Intra-Matic. I also have a Speedy Pro on a croc strap (well, I don't have it right now - it's with Omega for a service) that I usually wear for formal occasions. I have a Datejust for casual wear (it's my most comfortable watch) and Submariner, which is my other do-it-all. But lately, I just can't bring myself to take off the 300mc.

Thanks! They say an hair dryer works to heat up the glue and make it easier to unscrew (other option, dip the bracelet in biioling water for a couple of minutes). I was wondering if someone tried.
    Not needed on this one. Like I said just make sure you have quality screwdriver and be firm.

Quote Originally Posted by DIV View Post
    And can I assume that the Ti version' blue dial is MATTE, not glossy??...correct me, if I'm wrong, but it looked like the Plat version was glossy.

man, how do you decide between SS and Ti (besides cost, of course)...that will be a tough decision for me...any help?
    it is a matte dial..

how does one choice the Ti vs SS.. I don't really know!!. I originally ordered the SS but changed my mind and went for the Ti version. I like the blue look, already have a black faced watch and appreciated its lightness. I also managed to get quite a good deal on the Ti. Though I love perving at watches I don't actually purchase many (this is my third in 15 years of which one is a swatch which I use as a beater) so price was not too much of an issue.

So hope this helps..
    cheoah likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgrwl View Post
    That's why there are divers like the Planet Ocean which is more "toned down" and casual. If you want a more toned down look... go for that. But the "dressy diver" deff has a place in my rotation!
    The fact is that this watch looks good with brushed or polished center links, I just happen to like the 300 MC better with brushed center links. I don't see the 300 MC as a dressy driver, you do and that's fine. As I have said, I have another watch with PCL- the Rolex Yachtmaster with the blue dial. This watch I can see with PCL, it's a dressy diver (like) watch in my opinion.

Mark
    dawiz likes this.

Anyone got pics on a diver rubber or even isofrane strap ? Wondering how it looks without the bracelet, dont dig the bond nato look.

Page 22 of 304 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread Information