Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread - Page 31
Like Tree5549Likes

Thread: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

Page 31 of 302 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Re: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

I have not bothered to try other straps. IMO this is a bracelet watch and the bracelet us great.

The bracelet works well, looks good and is practical. You can't go wrong with it.

Still I like to experiment with different looks! ;)
    Lealole likes this.

While cleaning out a drawer in my home office over the weekend, I found an HR carbon fiber strap still in its original packaging. The label said 22mm so I added an OEM fold-over deployant and this was the result:

Not bad but I'm not a big fan of black straps on the Speedy Pro nor the 300 MC as it's too much black for me. Maybe I'll get used to it.
    Last edited by jmsrolls; June 30th, 2015 at 20:11.
    Horoticus and dawiz like this.
    73 & GB!

Fr. John†

No man gets to heaven all by himself, alone. Thomas Merton

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Added this black and red Omega NATO to the mix today.

jmsrolls, tagfanatic and chronocc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrisdog View Post
    i just switched by SM300 back to its bracelet after a few weeks on a leather strap. I must say the bracelet feels great. I feel it results in a more balanced feel to the watch and the ability to micro adjust is just gold to me. Though i found the leather strap comfortable it did feel either a couple of milimetres too tight or too loose when i changed holes. But because the leather made the watch so light i could still easily wear the watch just a tad to loose. I struggled when it was just a bit too tight.

However with the bracelet the perfect fit is possible and the watch also feels more balanced and not a little top heavy. Still i prefer the look of it on the leather strap. i don't mind the look of my PCLs but they seem to attract finger print smudges which does annoy me a bit. if only they did not smudge!! i can live with the fine scratches.

what are the thoughts of others who have tried different straps on this watch? what do you like the look of and what do you find the most comfortable?

Attachment 4484218Attachment 4484226
    i was at the boutique over the weekend and in the display window they had the sm300m with the new tan leather straps and they were really stunning! IMHO it really looks amazing and changes the whole dynamic of the watch. They are not available yet or I would have bought on the spot. They mounted another darker brown leather strap & I almost bought it, but I liked the lighter tan with the patina. Sooo I bought one very similar last nite & should have in a few days- I will post pics. I also will pick up a two piece bond nato/Zulu strap very soon. I will switch them out periodically..
    tagfanatic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lealole View Post
    i was at the boutique over the weekend and in the display window they had the sm300m with the new tan leather straps and they were really stunning! IMHO it really looks amazing and changes the whole dynamic of the watch. They are not available yet or I would have bought on the spot. They mounted another darker brown leather strap & I almost bought it, but I liked the lighter tan with the patina. Sooo I bought one very similar last nite & should have in a few days- I will post pics. I also will pick up a two piece bond nato/Zulu strap very soon. I will switch them out periodically..
    How much does Omega want for a leather strap? I'm in Zurich today, so I could stop by the boutique

I picked up an Omega bond nato for mine and love it, I think this watch looks fantastic on most straps, but I inevitably end up switching back to the bracelet after a couple days due to the absolute comfort of the fit. With straps, the way my wrist is it's always just little to loose, or a little too tight, I always seem to need a notch in between. But with the bracelet on, it feels "just right".

Quote Originally Posted by Sustinet View Post
    I picked up an Omega bond nato for mine and love it, I think this watch looks fantastic on most straps, but I inevitably end up switching back to the bracelet after a couple days due to the absolute comfort of the fit. With straps, the way my wrist is it's always just little to loose, or a little too tight, I always seem to need a notch in between. But with the bracelet on, it feels "just right".
    Which tool do you use on your Omegas, and especially the 300, to perform bracelet / strap swaps?

Sent from a Payphone

Quote Originally Posted by om3ga_fan View Post
    Which tool do you use on your Omegas, and especially the 300, to perform bracelet / strap swaps?

Sent from a Payphone
    FB-504 Spring Bar tool available at Otto Frei Call 1-510-832-0355 For Watch Parts. Works with straps and bracelets.
    73 & GB!

Fr. John†

No man gets to heaven all by himself, alone. Thomas Merton

Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by om3ga_fan View Post

Sent from a Payphone
    I use a standard spring bar tool with the large fork end and small fork end, the small end is the only thing that fits in there. It was like $4 on the 'bay, there are certainly better ones that make it a lot easier, but I find this works just fine once you get the hang of it. I pull outwards on the bracelet and keep that outward pressure as I pull back the spring bar one end at a time, the tolerances are quite tight on the bracelet, so the pulling keeps the bar from slipping back into place when I try to pull back the other end .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sustinet; July 1st, 2015 at 19:51.

Page 31 of 302 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread Information