Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread - Page 33
Like Tree5548Likes

Thread: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

Page 33 of 302 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Re: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    This is my second Omega, and I love it.

After weeks of fighting with my banks glitchy system to wire money for my Seamaster, I finally got it. I was not able to remove the band, so I took it to a local jeweler to let them do it. They also couldn't remove the band, but they did manage to gouge the case through some text on the lug, mangle part of the bracelet, and dent one of the lugs. Other than that it was a great week of ownership.
    What on earth are you talking about? Why were they unable to remove the band? You might want to send it to Omega - the bracelet comes off very easily within seconds when using the right tool - just like on any other watch.

I've had this since March.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Nmttd2; July 5th, 2015 at 08:36.

I was a one watch guy, wearing a small SMP 2052.50. But since it's been at the service center, I've been browsing the Omega website, and I'm hooked on this one. Have a couple of watches, I've bought, and now selling because I never wore them. (long story). Since my watch won't be back from the service center till late August, I don't know how much longer I can go without wearing a watch. Might have to bite the bullet and pick this up. Keep everyone posted if I do.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    This is my second Omega, and I love it.

After weeks of fighting with my banks glitchy system to wire money for my Seamaster, I finally got it. I was not able to remove the band, so I took it to a local jeweler to let them do it. They also couldn't remove the band, but they did manage to gouge the case through some text on the lug, mangle part of the bracelet, and dent one of the lugs. Other than that it was a great week of ownership.
    Wow.. What were they on!!!

What do you mean by removing the band? Did you just want to remove the bracelet or unscrew the links to size the bracelet? Removing the bracelet is not too hard with a spring bar tool. Use tape to protect the inner aspect of the bracelet and lugs. Removing the screws to size the bracelet is not as easy. The screws are glued with lock lite so I went to the swatch service centre and they did it for free. I tried a couple of different positions for the clasp until I was fully satisfied. They managed to do this without any watch damage.

I have however lightly scratched the inner aspect of the bracelet (not visible when the watch is on) with the spring bar tool and so I recommend the tape.

Enjoy the day. Stephen

Name:  IMG_4899.jpg
Views: 1257
Size:  133.3 KBName:  IMG_4904.jpg
Views: 1239
Size:  314.7 KBName:  IMG_4903.jpg
Views: 1251
Size:  149.7 KB
    https://www.instagram.com/whichwatchsk/

For all of my fellow 300MC owners out there... Let's see some pictures of the watch fitted on straps. I'm still rocking the SS bracelet (and loving it). But would love to see & hear about your experiences with NATO and/or RAF straps.

Sent from a Payphone

I know this probably not the right forum but just wanted some advice from fellow watch enthusiasts I sent a tag back to them under warranty it was delivered by a courier who threw it over my locked gate should I be worried that the automatic movement has been damaged. What should I ask Tag to do to resolve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpb1975 View Post
    I know this probably not the right forum but just wanted some advice from fellow watch enthusiasts I sent a tag back to them under warranty it was delivered by a courier who threw it over my locked gate should I be worried that the automatic movement has been damaged. What should I ask Tag to do to resolve the issue.
    Well, yes - wrong forum. This belongs in the general forum. Generally speaking: if the watch keeps good time, the winding mechanism works (if it has one, don't know which model you have) doesn't rattle and the glass + case are intact, I'd say: file a complaint with the courier and Tag and enjoy your watch. I'd complain just to make sure if something turns out to be broken later after all they won't be pointing their finger at you.

Picked up a new omega NATO for my 300. I bought a few cheap natos and honestly hated them. Decided to give the absurdly overpriced omega nato a shot.

worth every penny!
    !Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1242
Size:  1.47 MB
    Horoticus, dawiz, Lealole and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrisdog View Post
    Wow.. What were they on!!!

What do you mean by removing the band? Did you just want to remove the bracelet or unscrew the links to size the bracelet? Removing the bracelet is not too hard with a spring bar tool. Use tape to protect the inner aspect of the bracelet and lugs. Removing the screws to size the bracelet is not as easy. The screws are glued with lock lite so I went to the swatch service centre and they did it for free. I tried a couple of different positions for the clasp until I was fully satisfied. They managed to do this without any watch damage.

I have however lightly scratched the inner aspect of the bracelet (not visible when the watch is on) with the spring bar tool and so I recommend the tape.
    I found the links easy to remove with correct size quality screwdiver.

Page 33 of 302 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Thread Information