Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread - Page 4
Like Tree5410Likes

Thread: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

Page 4 of 296 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Re: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dawiz View Post
    WIS rule number one: never, ever ask a family member for advice when it comes to buying a new watch. Ever.
    Well, it would be one watch that my son would not be hinting that he'd want me to hand it down sooner than my death bed...

Quote Originally Posted by julywest View Post
    Larry, as you know I have owned many of the Omega variations. The AT may still be my favorite (not wearing much these days tho) but this SM300MC just wears well and I am enjoying more than the others. If your wrist is 7.25ish (I think it is) , IMO you would enjoy this one. If you get serious, I would buy elsewhere than your usual place tho to reduce costs. Hmm why don't you get the Ti version for us so we can get some variety on pictures?
    Yes, I'm only interested in the titanium model. But I would not have my beautiful GMT II BLNR today if I'd taken the SS MC300 home when I almost did.

Quote Originally Posted by Horoticus View Post
    @julywest = enabler. Nice work.

Larry, you know you NEED one...

Attachment 4217898
    Want and need, are they really the same? If not, I only need one of my watches, and want them all. Father John decided that need and want are one and the same, and picked this one watch. He's dumping his old watches like empty beer cans. I just can't say it's in my top three, or even top five yet, although the Ti model is pretty close.
    julywest likes this.
    OMEGA * Grey Side of the Moon x2 * Ti PO 8500 & 9300 * PO LM LE * X-33 Solar Impulse LE * Speedy Tuesday LE * Seamaster Pro Ceramic Chrono * PO 2500 * Speedmaster Pro 861, 3570.50+3572.50 * Ti SMP Chrono 2298.80 * SMP Bond * WatchCo SM300 * '62 Seamaster DeVille x2 * Speedmaster 3513.30
    ROLEX * GMT Master II BLNR * Rolex SubC Hulk * Tudor Black Bay Red
    OTHER * Grand Seiko SBGX115 * Hamilton Harrison Ford Chrono * DOXA Poseidon LE * Bulova Moon x2 * Victorinox Dive Master 500 x3 * Luminox Atacama 1842 & 1923 + Colormark 3157 * Red Bull Formula 1 * Seiko Astron GPS * Seiko Prospex LE/PADI/SKX007/009/173 * Citizen Ti Perpetual Cal x2 +300M Diver x3 * DLC Apple Watch * Egard Passages * Casio ProTrek Solar x2 * Commander 300 * NTH Sub x2
    SOLD * Omega AT Quartz, Skyfall, MC, 2503.33, Great White GMT & SMP Mid * Rolex Sub Hulk, 16800, TT Sub, Polar Exp x3, black Exp II * GMT II Coke * Nomos Midnight Orion stolen * Omega CK-2998LE * Silver Snoopy Award LE * POLMLE * TAG Classic 2K * SMPc

I asked three watchmakers here and all of them said they wouldn't work on bracelets. The AD said they're not allowed to modify original parts.[/QUOTE]

My Omega AD brushed the center links at my request.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSeattle View Post
    I asked three watchmakers here and all of them said they wouldn't work on bracelets. The AD said they're not allowed to modify original parts.
    My Omega AD brushed the center links at my request.

Mark[/QUOTE]

The problem is that the AD I usually go to doesn't employ a watchmaker. I think I'll take the bracelet to a jeweler's - they might be able to do it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

the Hamburg Omega boutique brushed the centre links from the outset last year because no one wanted the PCLs. They said people interested in it want a watch, not jewelry.

It remains a weird one for me. I love all the pics and please keep lots of them coming. But every time I tried it on it just didn't look right on my wrist. But I am still tempted, despite the undying love for my AT

All we are saying, is give PCL a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Jensop View Post
    All we are saying, is give PCL a chance...
    LMAO - classic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by larryganz View Post
    Well, it would be one watch that my son would not be hinting that he'd want me to hand it down sooner than my death bed...

Yes, I'm only interested in the titanium model. But I would not have my beautiful GMT II BLNR today if I'd taken the SS MC300 home when I almost did.

Want and need, are they really the same? If not, I only need one of my watches, and want them all. Father John decided that need and want are one and the same, and picked this one watch. He's dumping his old watches like empty beer cans. I just can't say it's in my top three, or even top five yet, although the Ti model is pretty close.

You know you're going to buy it.

Join us....

Quote Originally Posted by om3ga_fan View Post
    You know you're going to buy it.

Join us....

I likely will, but since starting in July I'll have to start writing a $4,800 check every month x 5 months for one daughter to do semester abroad this fall, I think I'll wait for Spring. I'm not really interested in getting student loans to send her to school just so I can free up cash to buy another watch.
    OMEGA * Grey Side of the Moon x2 * Ti PO 8500 & 9300 * PO LM LE * X-33 Solar Impulse LE * Speedy Tuesday LE * Seamaster Pro Ceramic Chrono * PO 2500 * Speedmaster Pro 861, 3570.50+3572.50 * Ti SMP Chrono 2298.80 * SMP Bond * WatchCo SM300 * '62 Seamaster DeVille x2 * Speedmaster 3513.30
    OTHER * Grand Seiko SBGX115 * Hamilton Harrison Ford Chrono * DOXA Poseidon LE * Bulova Moon x2 * Victorinox Dive Master 500 x3 * Luminox Atacama 1842 & 1923 + Colormark 3157 * Red Bull Formula 1 * Seiko Astron GPS * Seiko Prospex LE/PADI/SKX007/009/173 * Citizen Ti Perpetual Cal x2 +300M Diver x3 * DLC Apple Watch * Egard Passages * Casio ProTrek Solar x2 * Commander 300 * NTH Sub x2
    SOLD * Omega AT Quartz, Skyfall, MC, 2503.33, Great White GMT & SMP Mid * Rolex Sub Hulk, 16800, TT Sub, Polar Exp x3, black Exp II * GMT II Coke * Nomos Midnight Orion stolen * Omega CK-2998LE * Silver Snoopy Award LE * POLMLE * TAG Classic 2K * SMPc

Quote Originally Posted by larryganz View Post
    I likely will, but since starting in July I'll have to start writing a $4,800 check every month x 5 months for one daughter to do semester abroad this fall, I think I'll wait for Spring. I'm not really interested in getting student loans to send her to school just so I can free up cash to buy another watch.
    Well, now I feel like a d!ck. Sorry. Family first, always. And, congrats, sounds like a great opportunity for your daughter!

Looking forward to congratulating on your 300 in the spring :)

Quote Originally Posted by om3ga_fan View Post
    Well, now I feel like a d!ck. Sorry. Family first, always. And, congrats, sounds like a great opportunity for your daughter!

Looking forward to congratulating on your 300 in the spring :)

NO, don't feel bad!

It was actually in another thread that I posted that I'd have to pull 2 of my kids from college to buy any more watches right now. And then, I still don't know if I'll pick up an older Skyfall AT 38.5mm or a Seamaster 300 MC.

I usually like to have a date on all my watches, but I also know that the rotating bezel on the SM 300MC can be used to point at the date (using the minutes markers on the dial) or can be rotated for timing short events.

Page 4 of 296 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread Information