Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread - Page 55
Like Tree5578Likes

Thread: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

Page 55 of 304 FirstFirst ... 5 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 105 155 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by om3ga_fan View Post
    I have 2 Planet Oceans and the 300MC.

The 2500 was first - many moons ago. The 8500 was more recent but before I bought it I considered the 300MC.

Honestly I was wrapped around the axle about whether or not the 300MC was too similar to the 2500. My conclusion: while they're both black dialed/bezeled dive watches that's where their similarities end. The reality is they're VERY different.

At the end of the day my only regret is not picking up the 300MC sooner. The POs still get plenty of wrist time. But the 300MC is a special timepiece in its own right.

I really like the Black Bay but for me it's got nothing on the 300MC.

Curious what others think...

Sent from a Payphone
    It's interesting that all the watches in your pic, Daniel Craig has worn as James Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeinthegear View Post
    It's interesting that all the watches in your pic, Daniel Craig has worn as James Bond.
    I suppose after Spectre that will be the case. Tho my SMP is an oooold Quartz version. I had the electric blue version of that but sold it to help fund the PO8500.

Reasonably sure my next one will be a vintage 300. Unless I end up getting seduced by a master coaxial PO. Assuming those are coming out soon. I also am starting to gravitate a little to the Speedmaster. JHC, I might be addicted to these things.

Sent from a Payphone

I've never understood buying a watch based on resale value but I'm not a flipper. If I can't see keeping the watch long term then I don't buy it in the first place, and if I happen to dislike it after a while then I'll take the hit. I always buy used anyway so the hit is usually marginal if not completely non-existent anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jmsrolls View Post
    I've owned an 8500 PO and two 2500 POs including the PO LM LE.

I much prefer my 300 MC over the POs. Yes, even over the PO LM LE.
    May I ask why specifically?
    Rolex Submariner 14060M // Rolex Datejust 16013 // Nomos Tangente 38 164
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3572.50 // Omega Seamaster Professional 2531.80
    Hamilton Khaki Automatic 38 // Seiko SKX007 & SKX013 // Casio G-Shock DW5600MS-1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dawiz View Post
    Bought my Heritage Chrono Blue for 4200 CHF and got 2200 for it 3 months later :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by thestrapguy View Post
    I bought my 300 MC used. 6 months set from AD. The owner paid 8% off list price.
    I bought it for about $4K. Not the cheapest but considering it not so commonly seen.
    The original owner did not get much of a deal there. I figured $4200 net was about all I would see. So you got an excellent deal.
    thestrapguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuagull View Post
    I've never understood buying a watch based on resale value but I'm not a flipper. If I can't see keeping the watch long term then I don't buy it in the first place, and if I happen to dislike it after a while then I'll take the hit. I always buy used anyway so the hit is usually marginal if not completely non-existent anyway.

Better quit hanging around with members here. After too many flips, one tends to at least factor in the possibility.
    thestrapguy and joshuagull like this.

I never buy a watch with the aim of reselling it - but I know myself. I flipped a bunch of watches to raise the funds necessary to buy a Daytona. I don't regret doing it as the D is one of the most perfect watches money can buy and I've worn it almost every day since I bought it. But I didn't sell watches for it that I disliked - I loved all of them. I'll probably re-buy one or the other of I can get a good deal. I'll definitely get another 300mc, but I'll probably have to wait a while for the prices to come down a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    julywest likes this.

Banned

I suppose after Spectre that will be the case. Tho my SMP is an oooold Quartz version. I had the electric blue version of that but sold it to help fund the PO8500.

Reasonably sure my next one will be a vintage 300. Unless I end up getting seduced by a master coaxial PO. Assuming those are coming out soon. I also am starting to gravitate a little to the Speedmaster. JHC, I might be addicted to these things.

Sent from a Payphone
    I'm not really a fan of the speedmasters but regardless, you have a mighty impressive collection.

Sent from a Payphone
    I just paid for my NOS 1960's Watchco Seamaster 300 last night, with black date wheel and both the 1171 and mesh bracelet.

I just can't get into the new version as much, and I prefer my blue titanium PO 8500 LM a bit more. I'm not wild about the straight lugs and polished center links on a tool diver watch, or the lack of inverted triangle at the 12 o'clock bezel dot and lack of date wheel. It's a great watch, but lacks the features I want, while I still get the gorgeous LM bezel on my Ti PO 8500.

For those reasons I just don't believe that the new SM300 MC would be able to displace the Ti PO (or my Rolex BLNR). The new SM300 MC feels like a gussied up homage to the original, and I'd rather just have the original.
    thestrapguy likes this.
    OMEGA * Grey Side of the Moon * Ti PO 8500 & 9300 * PO LM LE * X-33 Solar Impulse LE * Speedy Tuesday LE * SMPc Chrono * Speedmaster Pro 861, 3570.50+3572.50 x2 * Ti SMP Chrono 2298.80 * SMP Bond * WatchCo SM300 * '62 Seamaster DeVille x2
    ROLEX *
    Pepsi GMT Master II Ceramic * Rolex SubC Hulk * Rolex SubC ND
    OTHER * Grand Seiko SBGX115 * Hamilton Harrison Ford Chrono * DOXA Poseidon LE * Bulova Moon x2 * Victorinox Dive Master 500 x3 * Luminox Atacama 1842+1923 & Colormark 3157 * Red Bull Formula 1 * Seiko Astron GPS * Seiko Prospex LE/PADI/SKX007/009/173 * Citizen Ti Perpetual Cal x2 +300M Diver x3 * DLC Apple Watch * Egard Passages * Casio ProTrek Solar x2 * Commander 300 * NTH Sub x2
    SOLD * Omega AT Skyfall, MC, 2503.33, Great White GMT & SMP Mid * Rolex Sub Hulk, 16800, TT Sub, Polar Exp x3, black Exp II, Yachmaster * GMT II Coke & BLNR * Nomos Midnight Orion stolen * Omega CK-2998LE * Silver Snoopy Award LE * POLMLE & 2201.51 * TAG Classic 2K * SMPc * GSOTM#2 * Speedy 3513.30

I used to buy watch with the "belief" that I'm gonna keep the watch for long and not gonna flip it. That's what I always tell myself many moons ago and still "believing" it now........LOL
    julywest likes this.

Page 55 of 304 FirstFirst ... 5 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 105 155 ... LastLast

Thread Information